Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.06, 01:44 PM   #16
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roketmini
Anyway...I took a look at tinyrc and was a little disapointed. The forums there seemed less organized than the ones here, and the red background was a little hard on the eyes. I would be happy if I could use my account from here on tinyrc.
Just setup an account there the same way as you did here. Most of my stuff on the different Tiny RC forums are more or less the same, just my avatars are slightly different as each one is set up to different requirements. I do have the same screen name so you know it's me.
Old 2005.11.06, 05:59 PM   #17
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
Just setup an account there the same way as you did here. Most of my stuff on the different Tiny RC forums are more or less the same, just my avatars are slightly different as each one is set up to different requirements. I do have the same screen name so you know it's me.

I see your posts there...but my main hindrance is that I use two different computers, and the one I normally surf the net on is the one without email...it slows the sign up prosess a bit, but oh well.
Old 2005.11.07, 05:23 AM   #18
Randel Stevens

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Reply to quote #3-Randel your words get alot of attention

Sure there are similarities but you have to take a look at every scale 4wd car. I believe this one is more similar to the x-ray than the x-mod and if you look at the battery layout and motor placement of the evo x-mod, whos copying who? If Kyosho pulled ideas off of them then good on them. In a wider aspect look at the auto industry. How many awd cars are out there now? How many are all developing paddle shift? Traction control is almost standard. Should there be a debate of who's copying who? It's not worth it and maybe you haven't been around this scale long enough to see the similarities of all the 1/28 scale manufacturers.

-Byebye
i see the mini-z ppl point and i really dont care to speak on xmods behalf, and i belive the point i attemted to make has been made. Just looking at the data the xmods and kyosho new 1/28 RC are in the same class. the fact that one cost 70 dollars and kyoshos will cost 150 and up does not change the fact that for the most part the cars are the same and can compete head to head.

Its just my opion based on data only

randel
Randel Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 12:03 PM   #19
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
i see the mini-z ppl point and i really dont care to speak on xmods behalf, and i belive the point i attemted to make has been made. Just looking at the data the xmods and kyosho new 1/28 RC are in the same class. the fact that one cost 70 dollars and kyoshos will cost 150 and up does not change the fact that for the most part the cars are the same and can compete head to head.

randel
No one owns the MA-010 and I don't think there is any data out there on the ma-010 to compare to what has been done with the evo x-mod. I think we won't know until it's out. Personally I would buy the ma-010 simply because it works with the bodies I have now. I don't have to put it together either. It's done already. The great thing about the chassis set is it comes with the different wheel offsets and other parts to make it that much more compatible. I've already set aside the $400 for 3 ma-010's and am not ready to send out more money just to let the evo sit on the shelf. I have two x-mods with mini-z pcb's doing that already.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 04:08 PM   #20
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I am not sure with the Evos, but the one thing I hate about my gen 1 Xmods was too many wires out on the open. Those things just beg for being ripped loose, pinched, burned, or twisted off ever time I go to do something with it. Most Mini Z's have everything tucked in nice and tidy, that alone makes them way easier to work on. I hope the MA-010 is the same way. Also to me the Kyosho electrics are worth the extra price you pay, it's like the difference between a $20 Sparkomatic at a discount store next to a $200 Pioneer. The Sparkomatic may play loud, but it sounds like junk.
Old 2005.11.07, 06:29 PM   #21
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:

randel
On the data you have, are you comparing a stock MR-02 to (1) a stock EVO (w/o AWD). (2) stock EVO with AWD, or (3) your hopped up EVO with soon to be released PCB? Huge difference between the three EVOs. Also there is no way to compare the EVO's data to the MA-010 as it has yet to be released unless your "inside people" have info. (I only say "inside people" because in other posts you mention about a billion dollar company is behind your project)

Though the stock EVO is a really good car, pretty quick stock with killer turning radius compared to the Gen 1. Personally I still feel the MR-02 is a better handling car for racing and that is stock with only one hop-up, tires. Kyosho come with way too hard of a tire. The EVO still feels heavier stock W/O AWD than the MR-02. I have not weighed them so I do not know for sure, that is just from holding them in my hands.

Could you please list the data your opinion is based on? I know we all would love to see it.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 06:49 PM   #22
gyrate

The xmods suffer from jittery controls. power and steering delivery simply aren't smooth enough and that hasn't been improved with evos as the tx and rx are the same.

right there you have a problem.
gyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 07:42 PM   #23
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Randel, over on the board you are posting the videos on you said in the thread: http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7955.htm

Quote:
...turn on your tv this week and watch OLD and you can see for yourself. we have 6 interviews and placed 2 and 5 in nationals. cheak it out its on a show call INSIDE RC but i bet you guys are on that show all the time cuz your so smart!!!! also pick up a copy of this months ACTION RC i have been told thay got over 12 pic's and interviews this month...
Why didn't you mention that here?

Which nationals did your crew compete in? I don't follow the national R/C circut so pardon me if it seems like a stupid question.

What day will your crew be airing on Inside R/C? Also, is Krista Gibson as hot in person as she seems to be on the show? I enjoyed when she tried to race the unlimited hydroplanes. And I saw one where she was learing to fly a helicopter from a guy that has a business that takes areial photos with his rc copter.

Action RC, is that Radio Control Car Action? If so will that be in the December 05 issue?

Thanks!
Old 2005.11.07, 09:02 PM   #24
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

Send a message via AIM to williams F1#3
Becasue second place is the first to lose!

I'm just fooling with you

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Looking for a 01 Porsche body.
williams F1#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 09:04 PM   #25
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:

randel
Exactly what point is that? Myself, I own numerous Xmods including the Evo Firebird. I also ran someone else's Evo on the RCP Track at the PNWC. And though the Evo is a large improvement over the earlier Xmod--anyone who owns an Xmod KNOWS what kind of a transmitter it uses and is restricted to whether it is the older model or the new Evo. For your information, I have also purchased NEW Kyosho Mini-Z-Overlands at $79.00 each and other NEW Kyosho Mini-Zs for $90-$100. Consequently, a difference of $10 is peanuts in RC. I guess I made my point.

As someone else mentioned, I'd also like to know more about this so-called data--is that the 10mph hour Xmod data? I'd also like to know more about this so-called NATIONAL race. I would have anticipated such a post on one18th about the East Coast Mini Championships, but I can't recall reading about any Radio Shack RCs participating in the event though KYOSHO was there with the Kyosho Mini-Inferno.
Old 2005.11.07, 09:09 PM   #26
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

Send a message via AIM to williams F1#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
I'd also like to know more about this so-called NATIONAL race.
I was thinking XRL....hehe....

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Looking for a 01 Porsche body.
williams F1#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.07, 09:21 PM   #27
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Oh, the post I quoted was posted on 11/3/05 on the other board.

Here is a link to the current shows scheduled thru this week:

http://www.insiderc.com/whatson.htm
Old 2005.11.10, 01:27 AM   #28
Randel Stevens

ahhh i did not go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda52
Randel, over on the board you are posting the videos on you said in the thread: http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7955.htm

Why didn't you mention that here?

Which nationals did your crew compete in? I don't follow the national R/C circut so pardon me if it seems like a stupid question.

What day will your crew be airing on Inside R/C? Also, is Krista Gibson as hot in person as she seems to be on the show? I enjoyed when she tried to race the unlimited hydroplanes. And I saw one where she was learing to fly a helicopter from a guy that has a business that takes areial photos with his rc copter.

Action RC, is that Radio Control Car Action? If so will that be in the December 05 issue?

Thanks!
AS for mention i did not go cuz thay were racing cycles and i cant say i even like them and had no idea whier would be somuch tv and mag coverage or i would have come just to get my pie hole on tv. but it ared last week and are in the current rcaction mag i think its called. also Ray and kevin did not mention anything about that hottie being on site, but knowing those two she could have been standing right next to them and nver see her.
on a new note AREA 51 has oked the new esc to be raced in spane in the 1/16th and 1/18 offroad championship series. i belive the first race is on the 28 or 25th its going to be interesting!!! oh i am not scedualed to be thier eather yet? guess you can see how important i am
TIC
TOC
TIC
TOC

Randel
Randel Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.10, 02:11 AM   #29
byebye

Quote:
on a new note AREA 51 has oked the new esc to be raced in spane in the 1/16th and 1/18 offroad championship series. i belive the first race is on the 28 or 25th its going to be interesting!!! oh i am not scedualed to be thier eather yet? guess you can see how important i am
TIC
TOC
TIC
TOC

Randel
LOL that's too funny! So could you give us a history on what led you up to finding this ESC? I'm not trying to ridicule you in any way. I'm just interested in how you got to test it. I can only imagine what it's like to run somthing prototype. I've met guys who have but they usually work for big rc companies and get to do that sort of stuff. (cough cough Roger cough cough).

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.10, 11:21 PM   #30
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
AS for mention i did not go cuz thay were racing cycles
  1. Are you referring to the race held in Sun Valley?
  2. Will you be at the Las Vegas TOC this weekend? Reps from both Castle and AON should be there.
  3. What is the difference between your ESC and that of Castle and Quark?
  4. How many comtinuous amps can your ESC handle?
  5. What is the max surge?
  6. How many cells?
  7. Average temp using a 3-cell lipo?
  8. Have you tried it in a CEN Mini-Madness?
If any of my questions have already been answered, I either missed them or thought more direct answers all in one specific place would be easier to read and find than scattered throughout several threads and numerous posts.