Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > BC Mini-Z Club, Vancouver BC

Closed Thread

Old 2016.10.31, 04:25 AM   #916
Gladi8or

I'm in for the 6th, depending on Thomas for the time to get in if he gives me a ride, will confirm as soon as possible.

Regarding the 27th, just need to understand what's the plan, I find the endurance idea very interesting but again... if there's no structure, no teams, no marshalls, I won't see myself driving alone for 3h straight just for fun.

On the other hand... if we're talking about some good 6h, teams of 2, day and night race, handout motor, mandatory marshalling, proper podium, trophies and freaking champagne by the end, then we're talking about some serious fun Count with me for 6h....12h....24h.....3 days if you want.
Old 2016.10.31, 11:03 AM   #917
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Here's a rough idea of what I have in store for you! It's more of a guideline really...
The bottom part should be JUST above the seam in the (dance?) floor section so it should be smooth sailing!

I'll get around to re-drawing those adapters now that I made them bigger. They were 100cm-->60cm initially. Now they are 100cm-->90cm, a lot less noticeable...

I hope to also draw up the wide 50cm Wide Radius Turn that we have too. I took a stab at it but without better pictures I think I'm rather off a bit. I'll be sure to assemble it at this GTG & take a picture so I can include the pieces into the RCP Track Editor. I'd like to use it in the left hand chicane section as I think it would be interesting.

Hope ta see y'all out at the track next weekend!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.10.31, 03:20 PM   #918
TheSteve
VE7FM

The lane on the left is as wide as the freeway! Do we need a 1.5 meter wide portion of track?
The 30cm portion looks awesome.

Also, do people like "wide" inside turns made out of outside turns? I like proper wide inside turns but find the reversed outside turns just lead to uglier impacts when someone gets it wrong.
Old 2016.11.01, 10:37 AM   #919
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
The lane on the left is as wide as the freeway! Do we need a 1.5 meter wide portion of track?
As I mentioned, it's all really more of a guide. I was trying to make the chicane as flowing as possible but still have to make you swerve to get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
Also, do people like "wide" inside turns made out of outside turns? I like proper wide inside turns but find the reversed outside turns just lead to uglier impacts when someone gets it wrong.
I don't recall anyone having issues with them. I used to incorporate them all the time & kind of missed them at the last meet.

Everyone else's thoughts?
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.11.01, 07:58 PM   #920
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Since I cant participate my opinion doesn't really factor in but my 2 cents worth is:

1. while you do create a bit more room for the corner you create 2 impact zones mid corner instead of just the one

2. It creates a weird angle of approach, attack and exit for the corner instead of a typical 90

3. I understand Grant has some friends showing for the event who may not have Z experience and creating a double apex corner may not suit a new driving experience.

On a sidenote (and in keeping with Carlos thoughts on achieving higher visitor numbers) you may want to consider tightening up the overall spread of the track so you allow for more room for driver pit area. The attached metal room is only big enough for 3 tables (6 people) so if you want convince more people to come out and make good use of the massive space you should consider sacrificing a little track geography for the pit table usage.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
Old 2016.11.03, 05:11 PM   #921
Gladi8or

Hey guys, I'll bring a friend this time, never tried mini-z but he's keen in giving it a try. Does any of you have an old 27am transmitter? I'll have to leave sooner than I like, around 3pm since I have family business to attend. Will be there for setup for sure.
Old 2016.11.07, 10:48 AM   #922
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I had a Blast yesterday! Thanx for hosting us again Grant! Eddie, Carlos' friend did pretty well! Hopefully we'll start seeing him out at the track more!
We had a smaller turn out & half the track left at 3pm, but other than that, I thought it was a fun day!

3 weeks until our Sat-Sun GTG! I hope you can all make it out at some point!
I will create a new thread for that specific GTG so people can talk about what they would like to see during the event.

Cheers!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.11.07, 11:11 AM   #923
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation New Club Fee structure.

The following will be the Clubs new Fee structure as of January 1st 2017

The club will be changing it's fee structure in the new year due to rising costs in common room rental & equipment to run our GTG's.
Attendance is also down & the club needs to recoup for that. Please spread the word to your friends about us!!!
Please be sure to let any and all of your friends know about the club & if you have any ideas on how we can grow our membership, please let us know!

Grant's Common room is more expensive than the common room in Newton. With that & the fact that we want to continue to run at Grant's and make it as easy as possible for setup & teardown, both the club & Grant will be purchasing some more 50cm track. We also would like to start trying to get some prizes together here and there so the extra income will also help with that. If you know of somewhere that is selling used 50cm, please let us know!

The new entry fee is as follows & is still less than $20 for the day if you get Pizza & Help out!
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)

Again, please try to bring correct change with you.

That is all for now. Hope to see y'all out at the track again soon!
-=
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2017.01.15 at 01:35 PM.
Old 2016.11.07, 08:00 PM   #924
The G

It was nice to have all the help with setup and tear down. I built a large portion of the 50cm track Saturday night. Dave H was here at 8:30am and quickly got started building the 30cm layout. We had Dave W, Ryan, Carlos and friend arrive at 9am. Dave brought all the clubs remaining 50 cm rcp. A discussion on track changes. It was a little after 10am and we were up and driving. I had a great time it has been a very stressful last two weeks. A pizza lunch, running my new batteries. The best performance aaa's i have ever used. They have the same characteristics to lipo's i use in my 10 scales. A fun and challenging track layout. I even got talked into a race at the end of the day. Tear down was a breeze. Again very happy with how things worked out. I know Derek had a concern over pit space, if there's a large club turnout. By moving the furniture from the metal room. I used a cart belonging to the clubhouse. I setup six 8' tables and chairs with room for a seventh table if needed. If attendance increases we have the unused area for tables by the pool table and the back storage room. The track area doesn't need to be reduced in size. Looking forward to planning the two day event with Ryan and Dave W. Ryan i do have a box of unused trophies in various sizes. I will double check condition and count, as they have been moved around several times since the 90's. They are from the families old indoor track and hobby store.
Old 2016.11.08, 01:37 AM   #925
Gladi8or

Hey guys, another great day of mini-z, me and my buddy Eddie had a blast. Really sorry for the crashes he caused, but for someone that never had touched a competition rc car... he did pretty well, to the point of coming back in January and start practicing with us. Thanks for the patience guys, we need more members and you all did amazing in getting the rookie some space to adapt, appreciated.

Thanks Grant for hosting again, I love the fact that we're starting to do this more often. I absolutely agree if you want to raise the prices of the daily fee, I'm the first one to support the idea of having a prize draw and some trophies, but again.... this only makes sense if we're racing..... (oh here he goes again...blablabla...) yeah dudes, let me be more explicit without being excluded from the forum MAN THE F UP! We're having so much fun doing this, we're doing some individual battles, did a few with Grant and a few with Dave H, proper 'racing' during training.....why dont we do this on the clock! It puts extra pressure on your heads, it makes it even more fun... adrenaline. I honestly don't care if you raced for 100 years and you're the best in the world, I only care about what we do in our little club for now, that's where I spend my time. I don't mind if you use a better car, if it has 5 wheels and 10 cells, but please....please don't sit out in a 5 minute race. I cannot believe that you don't have fun anymore doing some nice and tight racing, if the problem is rules....please dictate the rules, if the problem is winning.... I can sign a paper losing them all in advance I don't really care, but I need you guys to RACE! I'm dead serious! Let's draw some turns TOGETHER!

I spent 100 bucks to come to this meeting.... I did a single (maybe a couple) 5 minute race with Ryan, Dave H and Dave W, best 5 minutes of the day.

For the future... so simple...... free practice for 2h, 3 qualification rounds with 1h open track in the middle, final B with 4 drivers, best 2 bump up, final A with 4 drivers.... call it 5 minutes...call it 10.......call it 15.....call it an hour...or 12.

Do a podium, draw a prize.....pair of tires! Give some trophies...paper is fine! Take photos, smile... publish! Make a championship.... do this 4 times, counts the best 3. Award the BC Mini-Z Club Champion a bottle of wine, champagne.....Cola Cola! Let's have a yearly Xmas Dinner in a proper restaurant where you celebrate the fact that mini-z scene still alive and we honour all the effort we do to be part of it

I'm I dreaming too big? Just tell me to shut up if this is absolute nonsense, won't be ofended and I'll rest my case, and I'll show up once in a while to take the rust from the cars.

Carlos 'The Dreamer'
Old 2016.11.08, 12:30 PM   #926
TeeSquared
Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8or View Post
Hey guys, another great day of mini-z, me and my buddy Eddie had a blast. Really sorry for the crashes he caused, but for someone that never had touched a competition rc car... he did pretty well, to the point of coming back in January and start practicing with us. Thanks for the patience guys, we need more members and you all did amazing in getting the rookie some space to adapt, appreciated.

Thanks Grant for hosting again, I love the fact that we're starting to do this more often. I absolutely agree if you want to raise the prices of the daily fee, I'm the first one to support the idea of having a prize draw and some trophies, but again.... this only makes sense if we're racing..... (oh here he goes again...blablabla...) yeah dudes, let me be more explicit without being excluded from the forum MAN THE F UP! We're having so much fun doing this, we're doing some individual battles, did a few with Grant and a few with Dave H, proper 'racing' during training.....why dont we do this on the clock! It puts extra pressure on your heads, it makes it even more fun... adrenaline. I honestly don't care if you raced for 100 years and you're the best in the world, I only care about what we do in our little club for now, that's where I spend my time. I don't mind if you use a better car, if it has 5 wheels and 10 cells, but please....please don't sit out in a 5 minute race. I cannot believe that you don't have fun anymore doing some nice and tight racing, if the problem is rules....please dictate the rules, if the problem is winning.... I can sign a paper losing them all in advance I don't really care, but I need you guys to RACE! I'm dead serious! Let's draw some turns TOGETHER!

I spent 100 bucks to come to this meeting.... I did a single (maybe a couple) 5 minute race with Ryan, Dave H and Dave W, best 5 minutes of the day.

For the future... so simple...... free practice for 2h, 3 qualification rounds with 1h open track in the middle, final B with 4 drivers, best 2 bump up, final A with 4 drivers.... call it 5 minutes...call it 10.......call it 15.....call it an hour...or 12.

Do a podium, draw a prize.....pair of tires! Give some trophies...paper is fine! Take photos, smile... publish! Make a championship.... do this 4 times, counts the best 3. Award the BC Mini-Z Club Champion a bottle of wine, champagne.....Cola Cola! Let's have a yearly Xmas Dinner in a proper restaurant where you celebrate the fact that mini-z scene still alive and we honour all the effort we do to be part of it

I'm I dreaming too big? Just tell me to shut up if this is absolute nonsense, won't be ofended and I'll rest my case, and I'll show up once in a while to take the rust from the cars.

Carlos 'The Dreamer'
Keep preaching man

Sorry I missed this meet guys. Have had some family stuff come up that's making my life hell right now. Little brother left for rehab early last week and my folks took him up there so I've been left to look after the house, cat & dogs. To top it all off, my $*@! car died over the weekend so my transportation situation is back to "the bus."

UNG.

Anyways.

Carlos wants to see the club grow guys, and he wants to see us grow too! We take our "racing" pretty seriously for something that isn't even structured. To the point of someone needing to know if a gyro is cheating????? Go ahead and solicit input from the community but that only makes sense if we race in structured classes with written rules, and we're not????! I get the impression this is more about some people being bitter about more quick drivers on the track these days. Does it that not motivate you to improve though? Come on guys... lets act like grown-ups about this. Carlos has some amazing experience he is willing to share and has even offered to host a proper race and you guys are resisting that!? Yet getting upset about "unfair advantages?" It just does not add up unless you factor in the motives un-spoken. It doesn't speak well for the competitive individuals who talk smack about cheating and then back out of an offer to a fair fight.

I'm planning on being at the next meet. See ya'll there!

-T

Last edited by TeeSquared; 2016.11.08 at 12:35 PM.
Old 2016.11.08, 11:56 PM   #927
Gladi8or

I actually tried the gyro this meeting, Ryan was kind enough to let me try his bullet car and I did it with and without gyro, definitely helps on putting up the power on the ground, helps on extremely hard braking, doesn't help in turning, we had to cut this steering effect to half of what it was in order to be able to turn the very tight turns. Overall I felt it definitely helps driving, so as Thomas said, we should make a rule for it as we should do a rule for everything else if we're planing to do something interesting.
I leave those rules to be written by you guys, the older members of the club, I'll respect whatever you decide.
Old 2016.11.10, 04:55 PM   #928
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

In the past when I tried to get everyone in the club interested in racing the consensus was "we have c real racing in other scales we only show up when there isn't a 10th scale meet to fool around."

I gave up a while ago bothering to structure meets (or get Ryan to do so) because even if we could get a race together there are such loose interpretations of classes that no one wanted to change their cars to get some parity in the field. Even when someone calls their car "stock" because they have a kyosho motor yet has swapped fets that no longer is equal to other cars trying to race in Stock events.

As a prime example, my race meet held in Whistler I only asked 2 things of participant . I asked to get a stock motor car and mount 40s all round. During each break all I heard was moaning about no grip and sliding/spinning/etc. For a chance to win a $100 car body there was nothing but crying. It sure was fun before and after but I felt that my efforts to create some parity was met with some disfavor.

My main issue about asking the mini z community about gyros was mainly to decide to myself whether or not to continue to care about the sh...stuff you put on your mod cars. I honestly am so F-ING tired of the trash talk among members because some understand that it is friendly fun poking but others get all but hurt and don't take as lightly as is meant. I felt that an outside opinion was needed and since the answer I hot was "they mostly suck " I feel I can confidently ignore gyros going forward and avoid caring enough to banter about it. My goal in the future is to keep the but hurt to a min by keeping my mouth shut.

If it does get serious and we start structure racing then I want to see a set of rules to conform cars to or I won't bother attending. I may have tons invested but the fun I enjoy is bettering myself without getting spun-hit out of the way by cars too powerful to be considered equal.

As a first suggestion to improve parity is to allow me to buy 12 "enjoy battle" motors as a handout.

Let's start the discussion.....if we can get equal cars without dialling endpoints (because we all know that doesn't work) I'd be in. If not....I have no problem having a seat during heats.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192

Last edited by cowboysir; 2016.11.10 at 04:58 PM.
Old 2016.11.11, 01:59 AM   #929
Gladi8or

Derek Sir, now you got my attention! I've proposed that a million times, let's do that! I've raced all my life in those terms, that's why I have 50 pn speedy05 motors at home from the dozens of locals, regionals and worlds... always the same motor, I'm with you, get the motors, test the motors, seal the motors and.... randomly people will pick one, no tricks, no cheat.
Fet's are no longer a deal since the new cars bring way powerful fets that dont even need to be changed to get a mod motor, so let them have fets, let them have whatever on the car, a gyro certainly with a slower motor will slow down the car, let people use whatever they have, it doesnt make any difference if you choose the right slow fun motor.
If you want to make it even more fair.... pick motor & batteries, whatever the car is ! That would make it extremely fun. I don't mind droping some bucks for a motor and some cheap packs.
My question is.... will the club members be interested in this? Many doubts... but I have hope.

The race you organized was by far the best I've participated in Vancouver, yeah the tires were ridiculous, no one was comfortable with that, yes I moaned but I was the first one to get my awd on the track to get that tiny grip on... and I tried hard to get a solution for that curved ball, I had to tear apart my cars to get a solution, that was a nice puzzle to be honest, nice challenge. Well done on the race direction and keeping the few public interested, I had a lovely time.

Let's do it!!!
Old 2016.11.17, 06:48 PM   #930
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

We just fired one of our other support guys the other day so I've been busy as heck.

I wanted to sit down & work on this meet yesterday or today, but it'll have to happen tomorrow or this weekend. Wish me luck! I'll do my best to get something together soon.
-=
*EX-6R*
Closed Thread