Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > BC Mini-Z Club, Vancouver BC

Closed Thread

Old 2016.11.18, 05:39 PM   #931
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Angry 24 Hours of Mini-Z Rain Cheque

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFick73 View Post
We just fired one of our other support guys the other day so I've been busy as heck.
Well, things have taken a bit of a turn for the worse in regards to the above statement. It looks like I'm the low man on the totem pole & that I will be needing to cover the shifts for the above lost soul at work. If I were just on-call during this weekend I wouldn't fret too much but I have full shifts both Sat & Sun that I need to cover.

It is with a heavy heart that I will have to bow out of this weekend & reschedule our 24hour event.

Grant, feel free to run something again this Sunday, I won't be able to make this one but I should be okay for the next one if it's 2-3 weeks out from the 26th. Reach out to Dave W. I am sure he will be able to make it.

Here's hoping we hire someone soon!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2016.11.24 at 07:33 AM.
Old 2016.11.20, 01:14 PM   #932
Gladi8or

that's bad news man
Old 2016.11.20, 08:45 PM   #933
The G

The two day event is on hold until next year. Sunday November 27th will be a regular GTG. Track setup will start at 9am and tear down by 5pm.
Old 2016.11.21, 04:17 PM   #934
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Weather is uncertain but if it holds I'm in.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
Old 2016.11.22, 03:01 PM   #935
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation GTG in Langley on Sunday, Nov. 27th!

Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Nov. 27th

Layout is TBD. (Potentially same as last time with some changes)
Like last time it will be a mix of 30cm & 50cm.

*Note the new Pizza cost of $7, pizza at this location is a bit more pricey, so please bring an extra Toonie with you.

This one will be held @ Grant's Place in Langley again.

Deer Creek Estates
2315 198th St., Langley

>>Google Map<<

The best entrance to use is Gate #1

The Club House is at the back to the right of the pond.

Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway. There are 3 spots near the clubhouse & another 6 near the entrance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track setup is @ 9am, Racing by 10-11am & break down for around 4-5pm.
Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, please try to come out earlier if you can to help setup. Grant is willing to run later if people will be there to help tear down.

The entry fee for this GTG is $10
If you show up early to help setup or stay late to help break down,
you will be refunded $5 of your entry fee!

Bring an extra $7 with you if you wanna pitch in for Pizza.
Pizza at this location is a bit more expensive, sorry! =(
*PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE!*

Ryan will not be at this event, For any questions about directions or parking etc., please contact
Grant: (604) 441-8817
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.11.23, 02:40 AM   #936
Gladi8or

I'm in, let's do it!
Old 2016.11.27, 10:32 PM   #937
TheSteve
VE7FM

Had a great time today, grabbed a quick pic the track:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-ztrack.jpg (375.2 KB, 118 views)
Old 2016.11.28, 03:02 PM   #938
flathead51

Thanks for hosting Grant. I had a great time.
Old 2016.11.29, 01:01 AM   #939
DaveW

Thanks Grant for hosting!
Awesome layout, credit to both Grant and Steve for the Saturday night setup. Track was open to run upon arrival.
Bummer I could only stay till noon - I'm sure I must have missed some great battles.

Great to see some who haven't been out for a while - keep on coming out!

Here's the track from another angle.

Old 2016.11.29, 11:50 AM   #940
TeeSquared
Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Thanks Grant for hosting!
Awesome layout, credit to both Grant and Steve for the Saturday night setup. Track was open to run upon arrival.
Agreed! That was one of the better layouts we've had in ages. Kudos to Grand and Steve for having a track ready for us on Sunday, that was a nice treat! Fast but technical and challenging. I loved the sweeper. Lets use that more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Bummer I could only stay till noon - I'm sure I must have missed some great battles.
Fortunately, you didn't. I don't recall doing an actual race all day actually?

Again, the topic of structuring races came up multiple times, but there is feirce resistance from a few select members. It seems we can't even have a conversation without some individuals shooting it down in flames as soon as it's mentioned. Grant, I know you kept citing the failures of other tracks in the area as reason why we shouldn't organize, but c'mon, really???? Lets give up before we even try???? Lets stop living in the past guys. It's failed before but that does not mean we cannot succeed, but we need to invest the effort to succeed, and people need to be willing to put the effort in even without the guarantee of a reward.

Also, and I really don't feel I should have to be saying this, but SOME OF YOU NEED TO LEARN TO LISTEN!!!!! Many of you are twice my age and still have ZERO concept of listening to someone while they're talking. Do you act like that on the job?!? Do you talk to your friends and family like that?!? You're so keep to open your own big yap that what is often said to you goes in one ear and right out the other. It's embarrassing guys. Good grief. If the only way you feel you can get your point across is using increased volume and repeating your point over and over again, give your head a shake. Learn to listen!!! Dialog is a two way street and frankly, some of you really suck at it.

My future of attending these meets is in question. Several people said that the club is the worst it's ever been and nobody is putting in the effort to improve it. We just "do laps" and after couple of meets we have a race and then someone gets their feelings hurt and the bickering and pissing matches start again and nothing changes. Again. Every single time. I'm not having fun anymore and I get the sense that the only people who are enjoying themselves care the least and are least likely to help the club improve. Turn-out is going to dwindle even more if we don't improve things. Before you know it, it's going to seem like too much effort to even set up the track.

I hope to see some improvement soon. 2017 is a new year. Lets put a bigger effort into being the best club we can be.

-T

Last edited by TeeSquared; 2016.11.29 at 12:10 PM.
Old 2016.11.29, 03:44 PM   #941
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSquared View Post
Agreed! That was one of the better layouts we've had in ages. Kudos to Grand and Steve for having a track ready for us on Sunday, that was a nice treat! Fast but technical and challenging. I loved the sweeper. Lets use that more often

Fortunately, you didn't. I don't recall doing an actual race all day actually?

Again, the topic of structuring races came up multiple times, but there is feirce resistance from a few select members. It seems we can't even have a conversation without some individuals shooting it down in flames as soon as it's mentioned. Grant, I know you kept citing the failures of other tracks in the area as reason why we shouldn't organize, but c'mon, really???? Lets give up before we even try???? Lets stop living in the past guys. It's failed before but that does not mean we cannot succeed, but we need to invest the effort to succeed, and people need to be willing to put the effort in even without the guarantee of a reward.

Also, and I really don't feel I should have to be saying this, but SOME OF YOU NEED TO LEARN TO LISTEN!!!!! Many of you are twice my age and still have ZERO concept of listening to someone while they're talking. Do you act like that on the job?!? Do you talk to your friends and family like that?!? You're so keep to open your own big yap that what is often said to you goes in one ear and right out the other. It's embarrassing guys. Good grief. If the only way you feel you can get your point across is using increased volume and repeating your point over and over again, give your head a shake. Learn to listen!!! Dialog is a two way street and frankly, some of you really suck at it.

My future of attending these meets is in question. Several people said that the club is the worst it's ever been and nobody is putting in the effort to improve it. We just "do laps" and after couple of meets we have a race and then someone gets their feelings hurt and the bickering and pissing matches start again and nothing changes. Again. Every single time. I'm not having fun anymore and I get the sense that the only people who are enjoying themselves care the least and are least likely to help the club improve. Turn-out is going to dwindle even more if we don't improve things. Before you know it, it's going to seem like too much effort to even set up the track.

I hope to see some improvement soon. 2017 is a new year. Lets put a bigger effort into being the best club we can be.

-T
TeeSquared - I'm confused by several of your statements. Grant offered to run a race, mainly for yourself and Carlos. He went around and asked everyone if they were interested - I believe everyone said yes. Until he asked Carlos, who said not to bother because Grant wasn't going to be in the race. Now who has the bad attitude?

I have never put forth resistance towards any racing, organized or not. Over the years there are times I participate and times I don't. That is my choice and it is rather rude of anyone else to tell me there is something wrong with me if I don't want to race. This is exactly what yourself and Carlos have done repeatedly. So before passing judgement on anyone else please take a look in the mirror at your own behavior.

Further - I have gone so far as to organize a race and even secure a nice prize for the winner. We all know you won the race and the free transponder, yet afterwards felt the need to insult not only myself but the quality/accuracy of the lap counter. In the span of under a minute you ruined the entire event for myself and the owner of the company who donated the prize. So no more free stuff from us, 100% because of your behavior.

OK, with that said lets talk about racing a little more. In the past there have been several attempts at more organized racing, for whatever reason they all failed. However there was still racing, often with a "loose" stock class and mod class.
For there to be racing someone has to take ownership of it - Ryan often took that on and has put great effort into it. With his current job though he has missed many meets. Almost at the same time Dave W was also busy on Sunday's with his job. For quite some time we didn't even have a place run cars at all. Grant stepped up and offered the use of his clubhouse. This gave us all a place to play. Whoever provides the venue puts out a huge amount of time and energy(Dave W has gone so far above and beyond it is incredible).

So what I am saying is that for there to be racing someone has to organize it. If the turn out is bad or people don't want to build a car to match the classes or have no interest in racing etc you have to just suck it up and keep trying. There is no secret movement to prevent racing now and there never has been in the past.

Last edited by TheSteve; 2016.11.29 at 05:55 PM.
Old 2016.11.29, 06:31 PM   #942
Gladi8or

Hi Steve, that's not how it happened, but I won't discuss this via forum, we can have a chat about this stuff like I did with Grant face to face the next time.

I won't be posting anything else from now on, just want to say thank you Grant for hosting, thank you Steve for setting up, thank you Thomas and DaveH and myself for tear down, thank you everybody for attending, it was a nice turn up.

See you somewhere next year.
Old 2016.11.29, 06:50 PM   #943
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8or View Post
Hi Steve, that's not how it happened, but I won't discuss this via forum, we can have a chat about this stuff like I did with Grant face to face the next time.

I won't be posting anything else from now on, just want to say thank you Grant for hosting, thank you Steve for setting up, thank you Thomas and DaveH and myself for tear down, thank you everybody for attending, it was a nice turn up.

See you somewhere next year.
Well I can only speak to the events that occurred while I was there. With respect to that everything I have posted is 100% truthful, factual and is exactly what happened.
Old 2016.11.29, 07:08 PM   #944
Gladi8or

Sure, talk with you next time man... face to face, less toxic.
Old 2016.11.29, 09:23 PM   #945
The G

A little late in posting. A big thanks to Steve, for helping design and build an awesome track layout Saturday night. Thanks to Dave W for bringing out the clubs laptop and cart wheels. Ryan fixed mine but won't work with my projector for some reason. Thanks to Dave H for doing a great job vacuuming the track. Thanks to everyone with tear down, i had a great day. In regards to the negative posts from this gtg and the last one. I'll will express my own views tomorrow when i cool down.
Closed Thread