Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > BC Mini-Z Club, Vancouver BC

Closed Thread

Old 2017.12.03, 06:02 PM   #1081
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation GTG in Newton on Sunday, Dec 10th!

Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Dec 10th!

Layout is TBD.

This one will be held @ Dave's Place in Newton.

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton
Buzzer #: 39
>>Google Map<<

It's a gated complex, when entering, please wait on the other side for the gate to close completely before advancing.
Press in the code #39 for the clubhouse. (It's also posted on the intercom board)

The Club House is in the middle of the complex (it's the only single story building.)
Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway directly in front of someones unit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track setup is @ 9am, running by 10amish & break down for around 4:30pm.
Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, please try to come out earlier if you can to help setup.

*REMINDER* The fee for this GTG is:
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)
*PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE!*

Take my Cell # down and bring it with you in case you need to contact me for anything:
Ryan F.: (778) 988-3425
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.12.03, 06:40 PM   #1082
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Thumbs up Winter Collab with Outlaw RC

Hey gang, I have what I hope might be some exciting news. On a tip from Mario (Bok Choy) during our last GTG, this weekend I went over to the Show Barn @ The Cloverdale Fairgrounds to go check out Outlaw RC.
https://www.facebook.com/OutlawRC/

I met with one of the co-ordinators (Troy) & have been chatting with him & Chris online for the past few days. It turns out that they have some space in the indoor showbarn for us to setup a track if we're interested. We can setup a track around the same size as the one in Newton to start or just a bit bigger. When I was there on Saturday, I am told they had ~100 entrants in their races for that day. This could be a HUGE win for us! If we worked with them even just only through the Winter to setup on the same days they have races, guys could swap back and forth in between running with us & their other races, or we can just setup on other weekends too, they believe there will be at least 20+ guys there all the time. Now, their races are primarily on Saturdays, but they have leased the barn and will be running on Sundays & almost every evening during the week too. I think at first we would stick to an all open running scenario & then if some guys show interest & we want to actually start up some races etc we can totally do that. Cloverdale is kinda right in the middle of Newton & Surrey so I am hoping we can make this work! The first run or two would be a free cost to all. They basically said, if we don't charge they won't. I would like to toss them something for power usage etc. The way we would run the day would kind of be like what we did at the mall. Allow others to try our cars & watch us run some races etc. I'm really keen to see if we can grow our club from this opportunity! I'd like to perhaps setup on the Saturday during one of their upcoming races & keep the setup for the Sunday the day after to see what kind of turnout we get.

Here's their upcoming Indoor Offroad race schedule, they plan on adding in an indoor onroad schedule too so we may have some more opportunities.
Dec 16 points race #4
Dec 30 points race #5
Jan 13 points race #6
Jan 27 & 28 ”Conquer the Carpet” trophy race
Feb 10 points race #7
Feb 24 points race #8
March 10 points race #9
March 24 points race #10 (double points) & awards ceremony
April 1 Easter weekend - track cleanup / lease ends

Hopefully we can gain some new blood with this colab, the guys are pretty keen on having us!

Thoughts?
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.12.09, 05:18 PM   #1083
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Tomorrow's layout.

Hope to see ya'll out at the track!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-12-09.jpg (207.6 KB, 7 views)
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.12.11, 09:11 AM   #1084
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

thanks again for the fun track and hosting the GTG, gents....i enjoyed that immensely.

Hope to see you guys in the new year.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
Old 2017.12.12, 09:45 PM   #1085
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation BC Mini-Z Club Demo @ Outlaw RC. Saturday Dec. 16

BC Mini-Z Club Demo @ Outlaw RC

Saturday, Dec 16th!
Yes, you heard that right, a Saturday.

Outlaw RC is holding an indoor offroad points race with I believe 130+ entries & they have allowed us to take over a corner of the show barn.

We would like to get all able bodies to come out & show off Mini-Z!
I posted about this potential GTG last week on the Outlaw RC page & 3+ guys have already gone out to buy Mini-Z's & or Radios, that's insane!
I'm hoping this Demo will bring our club some new blood & a permanent track we can go practice on until at least April.

The Demo will be held at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds in the Show Barn which is right behind the large red Agriplex.

176th & 62 Ave. Cloverdale

>>Google Map<<

Be sure to bring a Table, Chair, Extension Cord/Power Bar

I will be on-site for 7am to setup & get things finalized. The barn is open until rather late & I plan on staying until at least 7 or 8pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take my Cell # down and bring it with you in case you need to contact me for anything:
-=
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2017.12.12 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2017.12.13, 12:42 AM   #1086
DaveW

Quick thanks to everyone who made it out Sunday.
Had a great time and it was nice to have everyone over again.

Have a great Christmas and we'll see you in the new year.

Last edited by DaveW; 2017.12.13 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2017.12.17, 12:30 PM   #1087
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I want to thank everyone that was able to make it out yesterday for coming & also for OutlawRC for allowing us to take over a portion of their space.

I am sure that this was a very productive demo! It was a long 13.5 hour day for some of us but for me, the day just flew by, almost faster than that of our regular GTG's.
I answered lots of questions & I was told by Chris, a local Distributor that he typically see's like 8 Mini-Z purchases within a year & he has already been asked to bring in like 8+ Mini-Z's just this month.

First order of business. The Barn will be open from Noon to 7ish today, feel free to pop by & run some laps for free for now. Get it while it's still free!

The barn is typically open 7 days a week. M-F can range anywhere from noon-midnight. If your interested in going, go check out the OutlawRC Public social media Group
If no one has posted anything about the opening time, just post a question on when it will be open. They do not typically turn the heat on unless there are 5+ paying patrons in the venue so be sure to have a warm jacket just in case.
If you don't use social media, feel free to poke me. I will be working on a potential GTG & Racing League schedule, in the meantime, go & run it whenever you want!

There is a small 50cm track left up. There is extra track on a cart locked away in the storage room, feel free to use it. (Do not use anything else) Leave a track about the same size of what it was when you leave. There is our secondary timing system with no Projector for now & a really slow laptop available. (There are some speakers in a blue bin, please only use the speakers. (I forgot to take them out.) I will be going back to the Track on Tuesday evening to get all of our stuff organized.

The track will most likely be left up 24/7 from now until April & pricing for drop in's, GTG's & Races is currently being worked out.

I'll be trying to post more on our social media Pages, both the Page & Group one's. I'll also be deciding if we really need both or how to use them best etc. I will be sure to duplicate posts here if they are informative for those that may not use social media.

Here's what we had setup.
-=
*EX-6R*

Last edited by mleemor60; 2017.12.21 at 06:37 AM.
Old 2017.12.20, 08:35 AM   #1088
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation Volunteers needed

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help from other members to setup GTG's in Cloverdale. I'd like to know whom else is willing to go for the day from time to time to run GTG's etc. The club will gladly cover your entry fee for that day.

I'm thinking that if we hold our GTG's during either Saturday Race Days or Sunday Non-race days we will get the most attendance. My wife just ain't too happy that I wanna attend every two weeks until April. =/

I'd like to setup a GTG during the next Outlaw RC Points race which is Saturday Dec. 30th & then again during their non-points race on Sunday the week after, on Jan the 7th. After that it's up to whomever is willing to go & setup. I know some people can't make it all the time or on Saturdays or Sundays so for the next two I want to do one on both days just to cover all bases. From there we can decide what we would like to do going forward.

I want to make sure we get these GTG's happening as word has spread about our club at the Cloverdale track & I'm hoping this will get us some new members out!

Once we have a few more GTG's in Cloverdale under our belt, the guys that are interested should have their own cars & have some laps under their belts. At that point we can do a few Race League dates as well if there is interest. This is all kinda up in the air, but I'm hoping that a few of you would be willing to lend a hand.

Please reply or PM me if you would be willing to help in any way & thank you in advance.

Cheers!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.12.21, 09:39 AM   #1089
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Outlaw RC - Mini-Z Track Pricing

Drop-in: $10 (Free if you paid to run on the 1:8 carpet track)
GTG/Race: $15

The Barn is open 7 days a week. It will be closed Dec. 24-25 & on Jan.1
The Lease ends in April.

Hours are a bit here & there. I've seen posts stating it's been open from Noon up to Midnight M-F & earlier on Weekends.
Please be sure to go check the Outlaw RC FB social media page as it typically gets posted each day. It's it not, just ask!

https://tinyurl.com/ybymq9s6
-=
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2017.12.21 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2017.12.31, 12:04 PM   #1090
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Thanx for everyone that was able to make it out yesterday to our Saturday GTG. I'm hoping that if we do a few more Saturday GTG's some of the old regulars that can't make it to our Sunday GTG's may be able to make it out.

Hope to see y'all next Sunday!

-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2018.01.11, 01:13 PM   #1091
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Thumbs up 2018 Mini-Z GTG Season *Archived

Hey guys! Once again I have created a new thread for the 2018 Season & Closed the 2017 thread. In the next month or so I will merge it into the *ARCHIVED* Mini-Z GTG Previous Seasons (Chat & Announcements) thread

As per normal, this thread will be for both General Chit Chat & our GTG Announcements.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread so you get a notification when there is an update! To do so, click on "Thread Tools" above, and choose "Subscribe to this Thread".

I would like to officially welcome the Outlaw RC gang to our club. I am hoping that along side of their club that we can once again grow Mini-Z into a flourishing hobby!

In the next few months we will be putting together more "Structured Races".
We will keeping to our traditional "Run What Ya Brung" open lap runs with some fun races thrown in here & there like we have typically done. We will be sure to send out specific GTG notifications about these runs in advance that way, those that do not wish to participate in the more structured races, can skip them. Rules/Regulations/Specs will all be worked out over the first few "Structured Race" GTG's. Currently, we will be running the "Structured Race" GTG's at the Cloverdale Show Barn which we have access to until April. Be sure to go drop in at the full time track most any evenings! It typically opens around 3-5pm M-F & stays open pretty late. Weekends it tends to open earlier, around 12pm & also stays open pretty late. Be sure to go see the Outlaw RC social Media pages for more information.

Outlaw RC Mini-Z track rates:
Drop-in: $10 (Free if you paid to run on the 1:8 carpet track)
GTG/Race: $15

Together we will make this year the best year ever!

Hope to see y'all out at the track!

P.S.: We are still looking for other members to help run more GTG's at the Outlaw RC track, please contact me if you are interested.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2018.01.11, 01:55 PM   #1092
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Smile

In case you missed it, here's the Layout from Jan 7th.

We are looking to setup our next GTG in Newton on Sun., Jan. 28th as Outlaw is running a two day major event on this same weekend. I am just awaiting confirmation & then I'll be sure to post it up.

**ATTENTION** If your wanting to help run a GTG at the Cloverdale track before then, please let me know!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2018.01.12, 10:54 PM   #1093
The G

I am looking forward to getting some laps in tomorrow. I should be at the track around 9am until closing time. Hopefully some other members will be able to make it out.
Old 2018.01.20, 11:07 AM   #1094
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation GTG in Newton on Sunday, Jan 28th!

Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Jan 28th!

Layout is TBD.

This one will be held @ Dave's Place in Newton as there is a weekend long event happening @ the Cloverdale Showbarn.

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton
Buzzer #: 39
>>Google Map<<

It's a gated complex, when entering, please wait on the other side for the gate to close completely before advancing.
Press in the code #39 for the clubhouse. (It's also posted on the intercom board)

The Club House is in the middle of the complex (it's the only single story building.)
Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway directly in front of someones unit.

Track setup is @ 9am, running by 10amish & break down for around 4:30pm.
Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, please try to come out earlier if you can to help setup.

The fee for this GTG is:
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)
*PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE!*

-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2018.01.25, 06:52 PM   #1095
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Just a heads up.
The track will not be setup in the Cloverdale barn again until Tues. Jan 30th due to a large weekend long event that they are hosting.
-=
*EX-6R*
Closed Thread