Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.02.03, 01:38 PM   #1
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

True LM Class...

Ok guys after hanging Maj by his ankles from the roof of the hobby shop i convinced him to run a true lm 70 turn class for next point series... I believe this will be an action packed class as pan car was... so for all you guys that where just running pan car as i was lets do the conversion and start working on getting this class up and running....

Things needed:
02 chassis
lm rear pod
lm ball diff
lm body and rims

Rules:
This is gonna be a spec class. We are only gonna be able to run a true LM set up... which means you are either gonna have to run the stock Lm plastic motor pod or the aluminium upgraded motor pod (must be LM pod). We are gonna have to run stock LM rims which require the use of running LM rear tires. By doing this we are gonna have to run the LM rear axle (the LM rear axle is inbetween a mr02 and a f1 in length). the class is gonna be run using a pn 70 turn motor. and running of a LM body is a must... there will be no cutting of bodies to make a shorter wheel base it will be run at stock length.

I am very excited about this as i love running spec classes. When running in a spec class you can never be beat by a better car just a better driver... and as pan car went with everyone running the same body it will be the same in the LM class... all the bodies that come available from kyosho like the porshe and the mazda also come available in white ready to paint sets... so either get yourself an autoscale or get yourself a ready to paint and get out there and rep your team colors...

So for everyone who just finished pan car and enjoyed the class lets do the same for LM... I garuntee excitement...

I am working on mine as we speak and will have it up and running in a few days for anyone who wants to give it a whirl...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)

Last edited by JuniorWKR; 2009.02.03 at 01:43 PM.
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 02:22 PM   #2
xrayminiz4life
ETV RACING

crap...i threw all that stock stuff away...does Maj carry the stock parts?
PAN

“the winner ain't the one with the fastest car its the one who refuses to lose”
Dale Earnhardt #3
xrayminiz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 02:24 PM   #3
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayminiz4life View Post
crap...i threw all that stock stuff away...does Maj carry the stock parts?
i believe so or he can get it from kyosho... how do you like the idea?...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
Old 2009.02.03, 02:45 PM   #4
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

70T at Maj's = too slow.

How about stock motor with limited gearing ratio?
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.03, 02:57 PM   #5
xrayminiz4life
ETV RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
i believe so or he can get it from kyosho... how do you like the idea?...
i like the idea...i think it would be fun with the 17 turn too...if we don't do 17 turn because of being too slow, i think it should be only one type of motor for everyone...but i think 17 turn is fine for that track...we did it in the past....
PAN

Dale Earnhardt #3
Old 2009.02.03, 03:02 PM   #6
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam View Post
70T at Maj's = too slow.

dont you feel that with a bigger it motor it would make the car too big for the track... we ran nascar as a 70t class and that was loads of fun... but you know me (White Knuckle Racing)... i will drive anything...

Last edited by JuniorWKR; 2009.02.03 at 03:20 PM.
Old 2009.02.03, 03:18 PM   #7
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

to tell you the truth even though im a speed freak and usually nobody has a faster car then me... i always feel a spec class with a spec motor is the most competitive...

Old 2009.02.03, 03:20 PM   #8
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam View Post
70T at Maj's = too slow.

Besides... when was the last time you ran a true 70t motor?... LOL... im sure ur 70t will be right up there with my T2...

Old 2009.02.04, 07:54 AM   #9
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

some pics of bodies that we will be running...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30440-thumb.jpg (4.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 30441-thumb.jpg (4.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 30442-thumb.jpg (4.4 KB, 70 views)

Old 2009.02.04, 08:21 AM   #10
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Slubben that yellow one is screamin your name... it is due to come out in march and will look very nice running with your yellow F1... How you feelin by the way... the guys said youve been by the shop and you look great... Hope this doesnt improve you racing or im in trouble... LOL...

Old 2009.02.05, 08:32 AM   #11
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Got my LM up and running last night and the car is riding on rails... it handles just like a pan car... i was very impressed by how well the car handles... i will be posting some pics within the next few days... right now im runninig the Porsch body but im waiting for my mazda body to com back from painting... i liked the way that car handled much better... just have to figure out how to keep that wing on... and i think we are gonna have to make a decision on a motor cause i ran it with both the 70t and the atomic stock last night... the atomic stock is alot of fun...

Old 2009.02.05, 08:52 AM   #12
xrayminiz4life
ETV RACING

Quote:
Got my LM up and running last night and the car is riding on rails... it handles just like a pan car... i was very impressed by how well the car handles... i will be posting some pics within the next few days... right now im runninig the Porsch body but im waiting for my mazda body to com back from painting... i liked the way that car handled much better... just have to figure out how to keep that wing on... and i think we are gonna have to make a decision on a motor cause i ran it with both the 70t and the atomic stock last night... the atomic stock is alot of fun...
i have the orange Mazda body, and i can see that wing flying off fast...i just gotta get the rear pod and a new board for my pan car chassis and i'll be ready...
PAN

Dale Earnhardt #3
Old 2009.02.05, 09:14 AM   #13
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
i have the orange Mazda body, and i can see that wing flying off fast...i just gotta get the rear pod and a new board for my pan car chassis and i'll be ready...
ive ran that mazda body at 98mm in mr02 modified i will bring that body in tonite and show what i did to keep the ming on... very easy and effective... also one thing i realized last night is i purchased the atomic rear pod which required the use of a 102mm top plate... i think maj said that the 3racing and yeah racing rear pod allow you to run a 98mm top plate... check with him tonite on that...

Old 2009.02.05, 09:32 AM   #14
xrayminiz4life
ETV RACING

Quote:
ive ran that mazda body at 98mm in mr02 modified i will bring that body in tonite and show what i did to keep the ming on... very easy and effective... also one thing i realized last night is i purchased the atomic rear pod which required the use of a 102mm top plate... i think maj said that the 3racing and yeah racing rear pod allow you to run a 98mm top plate... check with him tonite on that...
i'll check at lunch today...can't race tonight....
PAN

Dale Earnhardt #3
Old 2009.02.05, 09:47 AM   #15
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
i'll check at lunch today...can't race tonight....
that sucks ur gonna miss tonite... its goin to be out first night recoreded for you tube...