Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.10.26, 11:28 PM   #31
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Here are a few shots.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181026_200658-800x450.jpg (136.8 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 20181026_200641-800x450.jpg (83.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 20181026_200615-800x450.jpg (106.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 2018.10.27, 09:23 AM   #32
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Thank you, that is what I needed to see. I remember most of it but forgot he vented the body at the rear end of the roofline.

I may leave a bit more of the rear end than color01 did.
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.10.28, 05:55 PM   #33
tommy_greeneyes

did the same thing to my Audi body 4 years ago. it showed a lot of front downforce. I would do it again if I had time,
Old 2018.10.30, 06:51 PM   #34
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

I spent some time getting acquainted with my new truck mount adapter parts, thanks Byebye. The quality of the parts is top notch. The fit is excellent on everything and it all goes together so well. I will have to do some significant chopping and fabricating to get the body parts I have to fit my Z. Wish me luck...
Old 2018.11.01, 02:20 AM   #35
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
yeah, right now I have to do it sort of old school in that your pushed to pick selections from a directory vs. essentially scanning drivers. It''s just been a frustratingly time consuming effort that seems arcane when really all you should have to do it open up the registration window for a class/event and scan cars in making sifting through a directory obsolete. Flipside was so user friendly in the way you simply ran thru to setup a race, although they don't offer race management for qualifiers, mains, etc. so it really was not suited to properly formatted race events. I suspect Next Level operates similarly to Flipside. I'll have to download and test it out this weekend but unless it has race management, not well suited to our formatted racing. It says they do management but no real instructions, tutorials or real documentation showing how this is done. Perhaps someone familiar with it can create a 'how to' thread to help inform others.

Back to the subject at hand... I'm not doing with mini-z's anything until Saturday morning .
I'm pretty sure you emailed me but to clarify for the forum that the Next Level Timing System does not yet include race management features. It includes "Racer Management". If I have text somewhere that says that it supports race management please let me know. I will attempt to find some people to work with to get these features sorted but I suspect it will be some time before they get implemented. I am currently focused on basic features at the moment. The feature set needed for race management is dependent on the basics working well.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.01, 08:04 PM   #36
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

As it gets colder out I will be trying out this system at home. It sounds like something useful that I want to download.

Tonight was cleaning and greasing ball diffs and mounting tires to get ready for the race at Hobbytown over in Toms River. The hot glue gun got some use reattaching some battle losses. About done for tonight, now I need a snack...
Old 2018.11.02, 09:19 PM   #37
EMU
EMUracing

Prepping my new mod car for tomorrow's race.

3500kv 2S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181102_221607-800x450.jpg (100.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 2018.11.03, 12:26 PM   #38
CawaLimon

I'm currently running my stock MR-03. looking to get some new wheels but it doesn't really need much right now.

IMG_6526.JPG
IMG_6527.JPG
IMG_6528.JPG

The MA-015 is just for drifting. I'm currently making an MX-5 body for it, but the F355 looks quite nice with those wheels as well.

IMG_6522.JPG
IMG_6523.JPG
CawaLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.06, 03:19 PM   #39
refsiul22

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
For me I recently got some das mikro stuff that I hope to test...
- their 2.4ghz boards got 3 to install (plan to replace a busted mr03, convert an AM mr015 board to 2.4, and finally convert another AM F1 to 2.4...
First impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
- also got some of their transponders that are supposed to work with the robitronic lap counter system. Would appreciate any info regarding what software to run with robitronic... total newbie here...
can you tell me where to find & buy them?
refsiul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.06, 06:58 PM   #40
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by refsiul22 View Post
First impressions?
can you tell me where to find & buy them?
Although I received the esc's and transponders, haven't got around to using them just yet...
I believe superfly was able to do an esc swap... I believe all was good... he might be able to give you more info regarding performance...

Got both esc and transponders (made by das mikro) at banggood site...

Hope this helps
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.06, 08:55 PM   #41
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by refsiul22 View Post
First impressions?
I've had a little bit of mixed results with the DasMikro ASF boards. I bought 3.

Installed the first one in a crystal MR02 chassis, it ran fine for quite a while. Put in a different motor and swapped the body, and a little while later, a component on the board burned up and let some smoke out. It wasn't a FET, it was a very small little cube, about the size of #2 pencil lead.

Took that board out, and replaced it with board #2. It's still working pretty well, but has occasional steering twitch. I don't think this is a problem with the board, but probably too many times opening and closing the steering servo area. This is actually a HUGE issue for many situations when one gets into the guts of a car and you need to re-solder the steering pot. You have to try to be really careful with your handling and application of heat to the pot. It's very sensitive, and the quality of your steering depends on it.

I harvested the FETS from board #1, and stacked them on the bottom of board #3, and put that board in another old crystal MR02 chassis. I built this car into a 90mm Porsche 911 GT1 with a HFAY (70T) spec motor. It's not my fasted car in terms of raw speed, but I can turn the most consistent laps with it, and consider it one of my best cars.

I had no trouble pairing it with my EX-1UR, and any problems I had weren't necessarily to blame on the boards themselves.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.06, 10:08 PM   #42
EMU
EMUracing

Super Fly, do you solder the motor wires to the board? Where is the chip that burned up located? Resistor or capacitor is what im thinking burned.

I have read good things about the dasmikro asf pcb, but have also read about stuttering in the steering when standing. I have this on a few of my genuine kyosho boards, so I would say par for the course.
Old 2018.11.07, 10:24 AM   #43
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Super Fly, do you solder the motor wires to the board? Where is the chip that burned up located? Resistor or capacitor is what im thinking burned.

I have read good things about the dasmikro asf pcb, but have also read about stuttering in the steering when standing. I have this on a few of my genuine kyosho boards, so I would say par for the course.
I just screwed the motor wires down like normal. In my experience (which means "not much"), problems with stuttering or twitchy steering is usually a symptom of a bad/dirty/misaligned steering pot, or a hot motor that needs capacitors added (but this was back in 27AM days). I remember there used to be a lot of discussion about shimming that pot, or adding a screw to the chassis to put pressure on the pot. Anyway, I guess my point is I don't necessarily blame the board for twitchy steering issues.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.07, 06:44 PM   #44
herman

Cool review... was wondering if you added a third wire to the pot, since most 02 boards only had 2 wires to the pot...
Also wondering, if there is an issue regarding different servo motors (02 vs 03) being used...

Any reviews on the das mikro lap transponders?

Last edited by herman; 2018.11.07 at 06:47 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.07, 06:55 PM   #45
EMU
EMUracing

Herman, you will need to add the third wire for AM to ASF conversions. Just look for pictures of the Kyosho boards to figure out the wiring to the pot.

The different motors shouldnt matter. Some setups require opposite polarity of the motor, but I forget which (maybe AWD and F1). When you have it wired up, if the servo pulls away from center, then the polarity is reversed.