Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.05, 11:33 PM   #1
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

It's been a fun ride.

Man, where do I start? I've been into Mini-Z's since the day it started. A once friend introduced me to the hobby. I never thought that I would be hooked on this, but like many of you, I did. I'm sure you all understand why. There are certain things I truly appreciate about this hobby. One, I got to explore my creativity. Prior to Mini-Z's, never did I think that I would ever learn how to build motors, let alone, pretty fast motors. I've learned a lot from this hobby, although to some who are important to me, could never understand why. I guess the best way to describe it is I was fascinated about how two magnets, a metal piece in between, and two carbons would actually make something that we all enjoy move. If you look around, motors are all over the house. Without it, we would still be in stone age. I give mad props to the very first person who invented the motor. I honestly don't know who it is, and I have not had the time to research it. I'm pretty sure, he's smiling on us all from above, because we get to enjoy the very thing he created. I can only say this because this is how I feel whenever I get good reviews on my motors, something I made w/ my hands. I completely understand the fact that I can't please everyone. There are those who step up to the plate and have challenged me. I truly appreciate those people for they have pushed me further, such as Ph2t, and others. I absolute have no comment for those who fake it. They know who they are.

The most important thing that I really enjoyed about this hobby is how I got to make friends from all over the place. Some brief, perhaps, their pursuing something else, and some are still here, or simply drifted. I'm thankful to have met great people like Kai, John (RCP), Jim (John's Uncle), Philip Ng (PN RACING), David (MZR.com), MysterE, Jason (MZstore.com), Breeze, TNB, Rudy (PN World Champ, Uncle Sam (NETZONE), The Palmdale Boys (notorious racers, but hella cool though), Draconious, Arch2D2 (j/k), Mike from up north who visited LA back in 2003, Pianoman who visited me from a trip with his family while at Disney Land, and a bunch of other people that's too much to list. If I didn't mention your name, you know who you are. To have met these guys while I was into this hobby, that really is all a Mini-Z fan can ask for. And just as important, those who believed in me, my valued customers. Thank you, and I can't say that enough. You have made it worth my while. My apologies to all, if I could not be more flexible on the price. I really did put a lot of work on every motor I made. I made each one, just like I made my own.

I probably won't be posting as much, since I am now pursuing things that are very important to me. I'm probably leaving this hobby at the wrong time, because I remember how hard it was to get any part for the Mini-Z a few years back, and now they're almost all over the place. MZR's inventory has dramatically increased, then there's RCKenon.com, and a bunch of other ones. I truly hope that the Micro RC's get recognized more, because it's a lot of fun. Looking down the line, hopefully, when I get back to this again, the mini-z scene will be even bigger.

Anyway, thanks for the fun times, and keep on Z'ing my mini-z friends. I might make a few more posts, because I'm still debating whether I should get rid of my other prized collections. Again, thanks to everyone.

Btw, ever wonder if Mini-Z's will ever be collector's item 10 - 20 years from now? That's how I got into micro RC's. Me and my brother when we were kids, wanted a tamtech so bad, but could not afford one. Then mini-z's came. The rest is history! LOL!!!

Last edited by NOMOTORLIMIT; 2006.02.05 at 11:38 PM.
NOMOTORLIMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.06, 01:01 AM   #2
byebye

Although I never owned an NML motor and missed my chance to meet you in person I wanna say "THANKS!". Your contribution to the mini-z scene for so long , I believe, gave the rest of us the drive to go faster and faster. You pushed the mini-z to the limits and shared that with the community. Although your recent activity was low I know that your contributions will be missed and I think everyone can agree that your motors were years ahead of thier time.

Quote:
Btw, ever wonder if Mini-Z's will ever be collector's item 10 - 20 years from now? That's how I got into micro RC's. Me and my brother when we were kids, wanted a tamtech so bad, but could not afford one. Then mini-z's came. The rest is history! LOL!!!
Growing up I too wanted rc anything but my single parent of 3 boys father couldn't afford it. The miini-z scale made it possible for me to enjoy somthing with my family right in my dining room .

One last thing, maybe it was someone else but I remember a few years back ,03' I believe at Zclub, there was a guy that looked like you running a AU Supra. It was hella fast and had a beefed up suspension. Maybe it was you, maybe it wasn't. I just remember leaving and thinking"what was in that thing?"

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.06, 01:09 AM   #3
TNB
Pet Human

NOMOTORLIMIT,
Good luck. You can always call the cell.
Old 2006.02.06, 12:28 PM   #4
will3kgt

NML I just sent you a personel E-mail before I knew you were thinking about leaving the hobby. (DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!). I hope you have some of your Zs still available.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.06, 05:50 PM   #5
Supraman93

NML,

Sorry to hear your leaving but I remember sometime ago you mentioned it. I'm sure glad to have met you online and even talk on the phone once. The 2x4 fetted Enzo with your SSV3 is doing Great and is still fast as ever and the Diablo I purchased from you with the 2x4 fets is almost complete and looks beautiful and is also fast with a plasmatomic I made. I remember I wanted one of your SSV3 motors so bad and I'm so lucky to have gotten one, in the last small batches you made. You got me hooked on the Need for Speed and now my son and I are into Nitro 1/10 scale and by summer 1/8 but we still enjoy are fast Mini Z's.

I wish you the very best!!

MR-02 Enzo 4x4 fets SSV.3
MR-02 Diablo 4x4 fets Plasmatomic
MZM 3x3 fets Anima, Li-Ions
Supraman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.06, 11:45 PM   #6
herman

nml....

i still have your motors, and they still run well... thanks!!! we won't forget you and hope you won't forget us... thanks!!! and yo da (motor) man...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.07, 01:53 AM   #7
dirtdynamics

All the best in life.

*Ygm!
dirtdynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 12:09 AM   #8
joseph
jeebzes

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdynamics
All the best in life.

*Ygm!
I just gotta say ive had the opp to buy nml motors and they are great but most of all i met a great guy good luck bro you have my blessings lol Joe
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 03:10 AM   #9
pianoman
www.mini-zracer.com/shop/

Hey man! I think about you every time I take out one of my fast cars! The yellow corvette is the one I use all of the time (thanks to you) and I must have 25 of these...not quite like your pretty stack tho... I'm heading to LA next month with the first night in santa monica...the 19th.