Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.04.24, 03:09 PM   #1
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Mini Z Grand Opening Race Mooresville, NC

The Hobbytown in Mooresville, NC is moving to a new, larger location and is having a Grand Opening Mini Z race on Sunday May 2, this in addition to it's dNaNo track which will be available for racers as well. The RCP track will be setup Friday evening and will be open for practice, testing and, depending on turnout, racing on Saturday, May 1 from 10:00AM till 8:00PM. The store opens at 12:00PM Sunday with racing starting at 2:00PM. We will run to the High Speed Hobbies classes and rules, listed below. We are primarily running for fun and to showcase and promote Mini Z racing in the Charlotte area. The store and probably some racers will have cars available for prospective racers to try. Hobbytown invites all current High Speed Hobbies racers to join the fun and anyone interested in fun, affordable RC racng to give it a try...

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
1/28TH SCALE RACING TECHNICAL RULES
RELEASED MARCH 16, 2010, AMENDED APRIL 24, 2010

Stock

Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board only, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.
ONLY the following motors may be used:
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding, unwinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
Only 2009 version of PNWC 70 Turn Official Stock Motor (PN Part #110670) allowed.
The PN 70T can may not be opened; the end bell may not be removed. All internal parts must remain stock.
Only the PN Carbon Silver brush (PN Part#10CR50) or Atomic Carbon brush (Atomic Part#AR008) may be used. The brush spring must snap into the end bell receivers in the original location and orientation. No material may be added or removed from the brush spring.
(Handout motors may be required at special events)

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 180g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm.
Maximum rear width: 11mm.
Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans

Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board
OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
Only 2009 version of PNWC 70 Turn Official Stock Motor (PN Part #110670) allowed.
The PN 70T can may not be opened; the end bell may not be removed. All internal parts must remain stock.
Only the PN Carbon Silver brush (PN Part#10CR50) or Atomic Carbon brush (Atomic Part#AR008) may be used. The brush spring must snap into the end bell receivers in the original location and orientation. No material may be added or removed from the brush spring.
(Handout motors may be required at special events)

NOTE: Motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 190g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1

Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed. Aftermarket wings and bumpers allowed.

Motor – Board
Any brushed 130 sized motor is allowed. Brushless motors not allowed.

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed
Old 2010.04.30, 09:33 PM   #2
kwsmith29

Track is up and running, opens tomorrow Saturday at 10am. Come out and play..

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.02, 08:13 AM   #3
kwsmith29

Had a great time Saturday. Heading back out today at 12:00. Come on out and help open up the new Hobby Town.....
Old 2010.05.02, 07:38 PM   #4
kwsmith29

I feel really sorry for those of you who didn't make it up early today. I got to the Hobby Town about 12:30ish. Pedro and Mike were already there set up and had some potiential new racers running their cars. I didn't pay a lot of attention until one of the new guys walked over and set down next to Pedro and started talking Mini Z's with us. We benched raced for several minutes. I knew the new racer looked familiar, then it hit. Sitting there chit chating with us was Indy legand Rick Mears. It was a really neat experience. It was like hanging with one of our regular racers. Sorry you no shows missed it.

We had another good day and a lot of intrest from Grand Opening customers. Hopefully things will pick up for Brent and the guys and we will have a weekly race date for the Mooresville area.

Wade
Old 2010.05.02, 08:09 PM   #5
Traveler
of both Time and Space

I was there and missed it. Wade and Pedro had to tell me who it was after he left
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.02, 08:27 PM   #6
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Rick is not only a legend but a genuine nice guy. He drove Zs, talked racing history and just hung around shootin' the breeze. It is a shame racing in this country has become so NASCAR centered that hardly anyone recognized him.

Had a great time showing all kinds of new people the MiniZs and doing some fun runs. The HT guys are interested in setting up their own race program. Thanks again to Brent and Mark of HT for allowing us to "evangelize"!
Old 2010.05.03, 07:27 AM   #7
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Sounds like the event was a succes! Wish I could have been there! Keep us posted as the race program developes. I will try to make it out when possible.
Old 2010.05.03, 08:40 AM   #8
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Did a little research on Mr. Mears and found THIS great article about his career in racing. A ledgend indeed!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 08:50 AM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Marwan that is a great find. Thank you for doing it.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 10:58 AM   #10
rla4runner

Newly infected

Went to the HT store to buy plane parts but after a meet with Mike and the guys, I was hooked. Bought a new 02 MM on Saturday. Sunday went back to run and, well, the guys from HT and High Speed couldn't have been nicer. Two guys "sacrificed" tires to get me running and I had a blast. Mini Z racing is my new vice. I hope we have enough interest to keep a track at HT in Mooresville. If you haven't tried Mini Z's you really should. Thanks again to the guys from High Speed for the welcome.
rla4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 11:09 AM   #11
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the hit. Now just convince your wife to plunge in as well. That makes it so much easier to justify the expense when the card statements come in. That way they get to be half hers. Makes the occaisional road trip easier when they want to come along.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2010.05.03 at 11:12 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 11:22 AM   #12
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Great to meet you Lee and look forward to racing with you. The guys at HobbyTown were very happy and impressed with the interest and look forward to getting a weekly Z racing program going at their store. Personally, I hope they do because I live only a couple of miles away.
Old 2010.05.03, 12:04 PM   #13
kwsmith29

Welcome Lee, were glad you came out. Hope you can make it down to High Speed this week...

Wade
Old 2010.05.03, 04:48 PM   #14
nitrojunkie

Well I showed up on Saturday and ran one of Wades cars for a short time.I guess I'll get one of these too.I just wanna race and the dnano is a hard sell to others due to the size.But with the MiniZ the base group is already here.We just need to build on it in Mooresville.Pedro,Wade and Mike i need suggestions as to what to get for a first car.It has to be 2.4 ready out of the box if possible.Wade thank you again for the use of the car.It was good to see you again it had been a while.

Last edited by nitrojunkie; 2010.05.03 at 04:53 PM. Reason: miss spelling
nitrojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 04:55 PM   #15
kwsmith29

Good to see you too.

Your best bet if your plans are to race would be a MR-03. They are 2.4 ASF. Your KT18 will start you off fine, then you could upgrade to a Futaba 3PKS, Ko Propo EX-1 or Helios. You will also have to pick up a 2.4 ASF module for these radios.

Wade