Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 2007.10.22, 03:35 PM   #1
briankstan

2007 F1 Drivers Championship simply amazing

any body watch the F1 race over the weekend? the events that transpired to give Kimi the win was crazy.

Although I feel bad that Lewis Hamilton didn't win the champoinship in his rookie year, it's amazing what he acomplished and he is a force to be had in the years to come.

I'm a big Ferrari fan and I'm happy with the results. Everything went the Ferraris way to end the season on a fantastic high.

I'd have to say that I like the Mclaren as well, but I can't stand Alonzo at all. I'm so glad that if Hamilton couldn't win the championship that I'm glad that it wasn't Alonzo.
Old 2007.10.22, 04:24 PM   #2
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

caught some of it,some of the overtaking was amazing
just missed the 2 pit crew get hit though.
when i found out about the fuel investigation i thought "here we go "
glad it was sorted so soon
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.22, 10:28 PM   #3
herman

fantastic race... wonder if kimi came second... hamilton would've still won it right? it was really heartbreaking to see massa come in second... on the other hand kimi's drive was simply spectacular, i knew at one point that he would overtake massa, i could see that he was the faster driver.... overtaking unfortunately was done through the pits instead of on track...

really would hate to be in massa's shoes... do i take the win or let my team mate win and ultimately be crowned drivers championship?

if massa did take the win with kimi in second, and given the order that they finished, hamilton would've won... which i guess wouldn't sit well with team ferrari...

tough, really tough... you could probably see slight disappointment during his interview at the end of the race...

i would've wanted hamilton to win... just coudn't understand what happened to his car during the first few laps... great drive as well... at one point he was second to last and climbed his way to 7th... i think the team should've gone for the two stop strategy... oh well... it's just his rookie year...

wonder if alonso will still drive for mclaren next year... if not who?

i guess it was just kimi's time... he's a great driver... he worked it and got the job done... too bad mclaren couldn't give him a car that he could drive... at the time he was over there, mclaren had some reliability issues for almost two seasons... i just couldn't believe that race where he was leading for the most part, just to have the car konk out on him on the last lap... oh well... that's racing...

already looking forward to next year where driving will not be assisted electroniclly like traction control... plus a possibility of a night race in singapore? and an entry of an indian team (i think it will be the former spyker team)
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 12:08 AM   #4
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
any body watch the F1 race over the weekend? the events that transpired to give Kimi the win was crazy.

Although I feel bad that Lewis Hamilton didn't win the champoinship in his rookie year, it's amazing what he acomplished and he is a force to be had in the years to come.

I'm a big Ferrari fan and I'm happy with the results. Everything went the Ferraris way to end the season on a fantastic high.

I'd have to say that I like the Mclaren as well, but I can't stand Alonzo at all. I'm so glad that if Hamilton couldn't win the championship that I'm glad that it wasn't Alonzo.
I'm with you entirely...everyone says "Too bad he didn't win!" but Hamilton has nothing to be sad about. He came into the toughest premier class of racing and showed that with a good car and team behind him he could race with the best of them(without Micheal Schumacher to compare to though

I hope Alonso gets what's coming to him...a shizen team and a terrible car package to fight for "best of the rest".

I wish it had been Massa but Kimi is deservedly the Driver's champion....or is he?

There is a bit of a broohaha going on right now about BMW and Williams using "cool" race fuel(below ambient temps to boost hp) and have been cleared by the stewards of wrongdoing...but McLaren has appealed the decision. If Rosberg, Heidfeld and Kubica lose their drivers placings it moves Hamilton into a position to win the championship.

That'd suck.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 12:53 AM   #5
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I've been a Kimi fan for a couple years now and always pulled for him to win. But then along came Hamilton with the skill of Schumacher and the cool of Raikkonen! I really wanted Lewis to make history with a rookie championship, so its ironic that when Kimi finally got his championship my reaction could only be 'hooray, at least it wasn't Alonso'.

But I am glad to see Kimi crowned, and it would be a travesty if its taken away over a fuel protest that wouldn't have affected the outcome. And Hamilton's composure through all this tells me he'll be a great and grateful champion next year.

My wife has never watched more than mere minutes of racing anything, but I had told her about the shenanigans going on (aka why I'm talking loudly to the TV at night). Just knowing that, she watched the entire Sao Paulo race shouting at the TV for Alonso to lose. (It was heartwarming ).

I liked Alonso at first while he was with Renault, but he turned into such a primadonna his head won't fit on my screen. I hope he goes back there, he and Flavio were made for each other. Still, he will continue to be a powerful driver.

Yeah, no traction control next year. The exclusive club at the top of the field will be even more rarefied. And then it'll rain.

My prediction at the start of the season was:
1st Alonso
2nd Massa
3rd Raikkonen

Obviously Hamilton thew a big wrench into that prediction. I figured Alonso for the win since he was so consistently dominant. Raikkonen, while great, has a consistency problem. Sometimes its anvils falling from the sky, sometimes he just doesn't seem very interested. I expected he'd lack focus mid-season. Massa on the other hand had something to prove.

And prove he did. Well done Felipe. I think all the world know that race was rightfully his, but bravo to Ferrari for staging that pit-pass with the deftest of touches to make it not look like team orders. And Massa did drive as a team. He held up Hamilton into the first corner and helped his teammate onto victory.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.08, 11:15 AM   #6
F1Jet

It was an incredible season. I was so pleased to have a final race that really mattered that I put away my favorites and other stuff and just enjoyed the drama, and there certainly was plenty of that. Bravo to Kimi for finally collecting a championship, kudos to Massa for leading the way, and my hat's off to Hamilton for bringing a new style straight to the top and coming so close.

In the last race one thing that caught my eye occurred during Hamilton's "pause." A camera mounted on the car's sidepod pointed towards the driver /steering wheel. The camera also caught the other cars streaming by during the "pause." For a moment, you could really see just how fast a modern F1 car is.

Well, here's to next year...which I predict will be a Ferrari romp. Why? With McLaren missing 100 million dollar's worth of developmen, unless another teams steps up to challenge Ferrari, Ferrari will steamroll. The pressure's off Kimi and Massa, so they should just roll out. Any other predictions for 2008?
F1Jet is offline   Reply With Quote