Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.03.03, 04:46 AM   #61
Programmers
iTomCash

These types of chassis aren't normally my thing but it has to be said that you've done an outstanding job on that. That's imaculate work! I like how well it will work with a VDSII body.
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.04, 11:05 AM   #62
InZane
Don't get mad-Get InZane

New Body

I've been admiring TrueScale Products extremely nice lexan bodies for some time. Especially the open Ferrari 312PB once driven by Ronnie Petersson (AKA Mr. Over steer).
I just had to try one on my Pro27AAA

TruescaleProducts >>
Old 2008.03.04, 11:34 AM   #63
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Rp

I was very fond of RP also. I always thought that HE and not Mario, should have been Champion.

Back on topic, Check out www.abslotsports.com they have some very nice bodies. They also make the same bodies in plastic. They are sold as 24th scale but they sit very nicely over a mini-z chassis.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.15, 10:47 PM   #64
byteme909

Hi,

this car looks very interesting. i was wondering if this car would be able to accept regular hard bodies from kyosho? no offense to anyone, but the reason i like this scale is because of the realistic bodies kyosho comes out with.

also will this car be mass produced or custom order only?

thanks guys. and thank you RUF for directing me to this thread.
byteme909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.16, 01:57 AM   #65
byteme909

Sorry, just a few more questions and comments.

What type of electronics does this car use? It looks like an decased X-Ray ESC and some kind of micro servo. What kind of decased receiver is that?

I know the car is still in prototype stage, but i really liked the one piece front suspension more than the al. lower/carbon crossbar combo.

Thanks for all the pics Inzane. Its an awesome car you've got.
Old 2008.03.17, 10:34 AM   #66
InZane
Don't get mad-Get InZane

Yes, it's a decased Xray 300R ESC. The receiver is a 40MHz ACT RX3 Multi.

The new front end is a great improvement over the old one piece unit.Now you just have to remove the two screws holding the upper carbon crossbar to get access to the front springs&knuckles.

My new body - Truescale Products Mirage M2

Latest news:
The Pro27AAA won the SydvastCup Finals this weekend (Swedish National 1:27/28 Series) - six Pro27 in top eight!
Old 2008.03.17, 05:23 PM   #67
InZane
Don't get mad-Get InZane

Video from second A-main

Magnus Skold's winning Pro27AAA

You can find more pics from the event here >>

Last edited by InZane; 2008.03.17 at 05:31 PM.
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.17, 10:45 PM   #68
byteme909

thanks for the reply inzane.

its hard to tell from the pics, but how is the servo mounted onto the chassis? from some of the pics there seems to be a screw on the bottom chassis plate and on top of the carbon suspension bar that holds some servo mounts. this doesnt seem to be the case anymore with the servo being lowered into the chassis.

i just thought a one piece design would be more rigid. plus the original kyosho design for the MR02 king pin is slotted so that we can easily remove the plastic c clip on top to change the springs/knuckles without having to remove and upper piece like the MR01. also in many of the prototype photos it seems the front suspension is held together via the plastic body post. wouldn't an aluminum piece be more rigid and durable than a plastic body post?

thanks again for all the answers. i look forward to seeing more photos of the prototype car and the developments u guys have.
Old 2008.03.26, 10:43 PM   #69
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Migrated from Pro-Z AWD Carbon Chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf View Post
From our top-secret DonkeyWorks facility...

How low can you go?

What's that little hole for?

The Giro-Z transponder beacon of course!

Ah, I miss the days of building my own kits! I'm probably the happiest with how the wiring turned out. I'm trying to use a microflight receiver so I rewired everything with these tiny JST plugs and thin wires cut to exact length. I was going to chop off the 3rd and 4th channel plugs to make the receiver even smaller, but I realized that I could use one to power the Giro-Z transponder!
Here I am Ruf and Cristian, as ruf suggested on the “Pro-Z AWD carbon chassis” topic, where I suggested side-to-side assessment between the Sinister vs. InZane. BTW. Thanks for the comments to my note.
I am certainly looking forward to purchase one of these 2wd pan chassis to race on an RCP Track that is!
I can’t complain about the Mini-Z, but, they are really not properly design regarding geometric, weight distribution is terrible and the materials are not good, cracks and bending doe to heat is very common on Mini-Z chassis, this are more toys R/C car than a true R/C racer chassis as the InZane and Sinister are, but I can not denied that the Mini-z are a lot of fun to race.
Please keep us posted about your improvements on RCP Tracks with the InZane
One question. Would you supply an ESC for the InZane? Regarding receiver, would the Ko Propo KR-302F fit on the InZane?
Thxxxxx
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.26, 10:58 PM   #70
CristianTabush

Richard, the KR302 will be a tight fit. You might be able to de-case it, but in the regular case...

As for ESC, the XRay XMC180 and the Spinner by TGR are both very adequate. The Spinner might even be a slightly better fit.

We are very excited about the chassis and can't wait to start selling them as well. Just don't know how close Inzane is actually to going into production. I think the car is getting pretty close to doing so.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.31, 01:18 PM   #71
InZane
Don't get mad-Get InZane

We have already released the chassis for the Swedish market. This is a rubber track/foam tire version. We are still in R&D phase with the RCP version that probably will differ slightly from the one released (what & how the continuing R&D will tell, we are very happy to have Reflex Racing participating in this).

The Hurda Challenge - last big race this season in Sweden - was held in Jonkoping this weekend.
The Pro27AAA was dominating the meeting taking the three first places.

The winners circle

Magnus Skold - Winner of the Swedish Hurda Challenge (and constructor of the Pro27AAA chassis)

The winner - Magnus Skold's cPro27AAA (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, Inzane Fronts)

Runner up - Magnus Dahlbom's car (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, GRP Fronts)

3'rd place - hey ... that looks pretty much like my car (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, Inzane Fronts)

More pictures from the event >>

Last edited by InZane; 2008.03.31 at 01:20 PM.
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 10:53 AM   #72
eztuner12

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post
We have already released the chassis for the Swedish market. This is a rubber track/foam tire version. We are still in R&D phase with the RCP version that probably will differ slightly from the one released (what & how the continuing R&D will tell, we are very happy to have Reflex Racing participating in this).

The Hurda Challenge - last big race this season in Sweden - was held in Jonkoping this weekend.
The Pro27AAA was dominating the meeting taking the three first places.

The winners circle

Magnus Skold - Winner of the Swedish Hurda Challenge (and constructor of the Pro27AAA chassis)

The winner - Magnus Skold's cPro27AAA (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, Inzane Fronts)

Runner up - Magnus Dahlbom's car (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, GRP Fronts)

3'rd place - hey ... that looks pretty much like my car (Chili motor, Inzane Rears, Inzane Fronts)

More pictures from the event >>
Hi InZane,
Achieving these three top positions is an excellent accomplishment in any dictionary.
One Queston. I am still in quest of a receiver that will fit the Pro27AAA and be compatible with my Ko Propo Helios. Do you know if the Novak XXL- 2 CH FM 27MHz would be a good chose?
Thx,
Old 2008.04.02, 01:15 PM   #73
InZane
Don't get mad-Get InZane

I'm not familiar what frequencies are legal for RC cars in America but size wise the Castle Creations Berg 4L looks to fit the bill. I guess you need to find a channel 61-90 crystal. I'd contact CC and ask them.
We use 40 MHz receivers (or Spektrum) in Sweden and have a lot of different brands to choose from.
Old 2008.04.02, 01:23 PM   #74
ruf
4play

Hi Richard,

Try the GWS Pico inh 75MHz. That's what I'm using until the KO 2.4GHz system comes out. Then I'll try a decased version of that.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.04, 11:39 AM   #75
eztuner12

Thx 4 da in-put

Thx 4 da in-put InZane and Ruf
I just want to have all electronics I will need for the Pro27AAA located, to order it, as soon I need them, at the time I buy the Pro27AAA, if that’s the case.
Ruf, do you guys at Reflex will offer a Team Edition Package of the Pro27AAA with electronics included, maybe compatible with Ko Propo transmitters ??
Again thx,
Cheers