Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.07.28, 10:18 PM   #1
smokey_truck

No REVERSE on MA030 EVO AWD new one

I bought the AWD MA030 AWD, everything seems to be working but reverse is not there sometimes and sometimes works abruptly, now sure what the issue is.

I was trying to see if I change to ICS manager but board would not connect to laptop or bluetooth app.

Any ideas?

Smokey
smokey_truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.07.28, 10:45 PM   #2
smokey_truck

More testing I found reverse only works if I just feather throttle little in reverse gently and full push in reverse does not work.

Is there a setting on the transmitter I can change, I have EX6R

I tried throttle trim to b3 also, no change

Smokey
Old 2019.08.11, 03:41 PM   #3
CyberGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_truck View Post
More testing I found reverse only works if I just feather throttle little in reverse gently and full push in reverse does not work.

Is there a setting on the transmitter I can change, I have EX6R

I tried throttle trim to b3 also, no change

Smokey
I have the exact same issue with exact same equipment. I bet it’s not a setting in the EX6R. I have two other models and they work fine. It’s something with the MA030 EVO. The reverse delay is way too long. I found a video on YouTube to change some setting with the ICS to wide, albeit for a different model, but they are demonstrating the exact same issue. If you pause for 3-4 seconds and do nothing, then you hit reverse, you’ll notice it goes. Not sure why the throttle trigger sometimes gets it to go as well (mine does the exact same thing).

If you search for mini-z reverse delay on YouTube you’ll find it. I’m going to email Kyosho USA tomorrow. They have been pretty helpful in the past.
CyberGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.11, 08:09 PM   #4
xmodcanuck

This is very disappointing to hear. I've got one on the way that I'll be using with similar radio, EX6.
Has either of you tried a bluetooth ICS adapter thingy to change the settings?
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.11, 08:16 PM   #5
CyberGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodcanuck View Post
This is very disappointing to hear. I've got one on the way that I'll be using with similar radio, EX6.
Has either of you tried a bluetooth ICS adapter thingy to change the settings?
I just ordered one on Friday.
Old 2019.08.11, 08:33 PM   #6
mtse0

I do not think there is an app for the bluetooth adapter for the EVO yet only an app for a usb adapter connected to a computer.
Changing to the wide setting in the ics program does help, also on my ex-6r if I have the throttle set too high on the main screen it will have a negative affect on my reverse.
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.12, 12:34 PM   #7
CyberGeorge

I just sent the below email to Kyosho America. They are pretty good at responding. Let's see what they say. My throttle is definitely not set high. I'm at 50% because my track is short and narrow and just testing it out for now. I just got into mini-z last month and trying to get used to things...

Hello,

With this model, there is a significant delay of 3-4 seconds before reverse can be engaged, to the point where some people feel it's unresponsive. In my tests, if I don't send anything from the transmitter for a few seconds reverse always works. If you stop, then you try to reverse within a second or so, it almost never does. Sometimes, if you blip the throttle a bit and immediately hit reverse it does. I do not experience this in any other mini-z, including the VE Pro and EVO. All my other models are RWD, though.

There is one other person at the mini-zracer.com forums who is experiencing the exact same issue. We both have the EX-6R transmitter. I have seen some suggestions on YouTube to where they change R.Neutral to Wide to address the issue on a different model, but ICS doesn't seem to work via bluetooth yet on the MA-030EVO.

Is there anything else we can try on the transmitter end or otherwise?

Thank you!
Old 2019.08.14, 10:00 PM   #8
CyberGeorge

Good news/Bad news

Ok, folks, here's the answer from Kyosho USA:
8/12/2019 10:36:17 AM Hello,

I have just recently found this out as well.
If you have an ICS adapter, you can adjust the delay.
It seems that it comes set from the factory at a 3 sec delay.
If you don't have one, you can send it in and we can do it for you.

Thank you!

Good news: there is a solution; bad news: gotta send it in or buy an ICS adapter. I'm buying an adapter. I have a BT on order and will try that first. If it doesn't work with this model, I'll buy the Kyosho one.
Old 2019.08.15, 02:06 AM   #9
xmodcanuck

Hmmm, I know for sure that I have a bluetooth ICS thing, but if no app works with the EVO board that's no good. What's the part no for the kyosho ics? I presume it's designed to plug into a pc
Old 2019.08.15, 06:10 AM   #10
CyberGeorge

It is designed to plug in, yes. They have two part numbers. I’m trying to figure out which one works for the AWD. They are expensive, though: $75 and $100. And if they don’t work with all models, then they’re REALLY expensive. I’ll have an answer later today.
Old 2019.08.15, 06:39 AM   #11
mtse0

Das Mikro makes an ics usb adapter that can be had for around $20. I have not used one but should work fine. Ebay has several listed.
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.15, 02:11 PM   #12
CyberGeorge

Here you go folks (from Kyosho):

Hello,

82083 is the correct one. I think the other one has been discontinued.
It will work with any ASF model Mini-Z, so it will do you EVO and VE Pro as well.
They actually chose a bad name for the newer series as it gets confusing.
RWD version refers to the models with the white antenna (FHSS) as do the newer AWD line.
Even though most people would refer to them that way anyway since they are 2wd and 4wd respectively.

I am not sure if the Kenon one works with the EVO or not, sorry.
That would be a question for them.

I hope that helps!
Old 2019.08.15, 03:45 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
If you want the official model, https://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-82083
Old 2019.08.15, 08:02 PM   #14
xmodcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGeorge View Post
Here you go folks (from Kyosho):

Hello,

82083 is the correct one. I think the other one has been discontinued.
Since you've already started a converstion with kyosho, do you mind asking if the other (discontinued) one will also work(61028)? Turns out I have that in my pile of mini z stuff.
Old 2019.08.15, 11:00 PM   #15
smokey_truck

Reverse delay fixed

I actually connected my evo board to computer with ICS adapter and reverse was set to 2 instead of 3 which came from factory.
I called the support and told them.

Ganesh