Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.04.03, 12:41 PM   #46
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

Bring your indoor heli; soccer ball or ping-pong table. NYRC has almost 7000 sq. ft of additional pit space in the back(without power, however).
NYRC-WebAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.03, 01:08 PM   #47
Drew_Cat
Racing Toy Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRC-WebAdmin View Post
Bring your indoor heli; soccer ball or ping-pong table. NYRC has almost 7000 sq. ft of additional pit space in the back(without power, however).
Did You say indoor heli? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now as far as the schedule. I think a set (dedicated) Race Days/nights Should be Implemented and keep practice separate. I would like to know that If I show up on any particular night I will be racing or practicing, not race when ever You want to. This should be done as soon as possible. Make a schedule and if it's not in the best interest of majority of the racers adjust to suit.

With that said, to be fair for the Hobby as a whole, weekend racing should be done on Sundays. Action already has a Saturday schedule going on. If racers from that track want to race on Sunday they can, without giving up their regular program.( IF racers from that track DON'T race at NYRC then it doesn't really matter that much ).I got some sticks that I'll drop off, for marshaling if still needed.

Just to make it clear, I'm sponsored ONLY by VISA /MASTER CARD and I would like to see this hobby grow.
Old 2009.04.03, 01:41 PM   #48
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

Race Survey result

Drew_Cat

NYRC's initial survey indicated that 60% of racers prefer Saturday races and 40% of racers prefer Sundays. With that in mind, you can assume that dedicated racing is on Saturday. Last Sunday NYRC was opened but not too many racers showed. You mentioned that another track/facility has Saturday racing, but this does not influence our decision on dedicated race day. Our goal is to please the majority. Don't forget there are at least two other Mini-z Tracks in NJ; and one at Brooklyn hobbies which are all within short distance besides the one you mentioned. Therefore NYRC cannot possibly avoid any conflict. Floyd Bennett racing I believe is on Sundays and many of our racers race 1/8th scale too. I wish there's an eighth day on a week called the Zeeday!

NYRC is trying to accommodate everybody by opening on Fridays; Saturdays and Sundays. I cannot guarantee you a race on Saturday if no more than 5 racers show up. I hope you understand. Feel free to donate sticks for marshalling. NYRC appreciates your donation.

Guss,

Per forum rules, you need to post on "Mini-z MarketPlace" for selling your stuff with 50 minimum posts.

Last edited by NYRC-WebAdmin; 2009.04.03 at 01:57 PM.
Old 2009.04.03, 02:24 PM   #49
guss

Quote:
Drew_Cat

Guss,

Per forum rules, you need to post on "Mini-z MarketPlace" for selling your stuff with 50 minimum posts.
Sorry about that. I erased it.
guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.03, 02:45 PM   #50
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

Rules and Saturday Classes (3 for now)

General Rules:

• No foul language. Respect each other and have fun.
• Do not intentionally destroy track's furniture/equipment or even your own car/equipment
• Do not occupy too much pit space unless it's a slow day
• Clean up the pit area after you finish.
• Marshal after your heat/race. Racers from final heat marshal the first heat
• Do not block the leaders from passing
• There is no "Lead lap" rule at NYRC, you must yield to the leader in a heat/race. A leader does not have to lap you twice before you begin to yield
• Return house transponder after every heat/race
• Pit towel is required
• No intentional hacking or crashing into other cars
• No traction compound. No wet tires on track
• No shoes on track
• All car bodies must have windows, whether it's clear plastic or lexan
• Remove sharp edges from bodies to avoid cutting marshal's fingers (e.g. the 350Z race body)
• Wheel wells may be cut forward; backward and inward for tire/chassis clearance. Excessive cutting is not allowed
• Rear wing height must be below roofline for sedan bodies
• Track owner/officials reserve the final right to resolve any conflict in a fair manner
• Qualifying is Staggered start format; you race against the clock; not other cars
• No substitute driver
• No refund for practice/race in case of non-operating car; missing equipment, etc….
• Controlled practice may take place if too many racers are on the track

Saturday Class rules:

5 minute staggered start qualifying; 8 minute A-main; 5 minute other mains

2WD Club Spec

Battery : AAA NIMH only
Body : Kyosho Autoscale/I-Waver sedan bodies; no lexan bodies; no Kyosho LeMans bodies.
Motor : Atomic - USA
Minimum Weight : 180g
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 86-98mm
Tires : Mini-Z type Touring Rubber (any brand). No foam tires
Remarks : Any hop-ups

2WD/AWD Modified

Body : Kyosho Autoscale/I-Waver sedan bodies; no lexan bodies; Kyosho LeMans bodies allowed.
Motor : Any motor
Minimum Weight : Open
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 86-102mm

2WD/AWD PanCar open

Body : PanCar bodies only
Motor : Any motor
Minimum Weight : Open
Min/Mix Wheel Base : 90-98mm

Feel free to comment by sending me PM or email.

Last edited by NYRC-WebAdmin; 2009.04.03 at 03:19 PM.
Old 2009.04.03, 03:26 PM   #51
MikeL
Painter Guy

Are other chassis allowed in mod like a mrcg or sinister? with an open weight rule I'd be inclined to think so.

What's an atomic-usa motor? will you have these motors and tires for sale at the track?

Is the "big" race going to have spec tires this year like last year? or will it be open?
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.03, 04:12 PM   #52
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Are other chassis allowed in mod like a mrcg or sinister? with an open weight rule I'd be inclined to think so.

YES

What's an atomic-usa motor? will you have these motors and tires for sale at the track?

Atomic-USA is an inexpensive motor. The idea is similar to one make race in real cars. We have it available.

Is the "big" race going to have spec tires this year like last year? or will it be open?

Don't know. This is per Atomic
Old 2009.04.03, 05:48 PM   #53
Drew_Cat
Racing Toy Cars

Quote:
Drew_Cat

NYRC's initial survey indicated that 60% of racers prefer Saturday races and 40% of racers prefer Sundays. With that in mind, you can assume that dedicated racing is on Saturday.

NYRC is trying to accommodate everybody by opening on Fridays; Saturdays and Sundays. I cannot guarantee you a race on Saturday if no more than 5 racers show up. I hope you understand.
Understanding IS part of my Signature (see below), weather or not we agree could be a different story.

I'll be @ NYRC soon.
Old 2009.04.03, 06:26 PM   #54
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

The best NYRC can do is to accommodate the majority; that's why we are opened Tues; Wed; Fri; Sat and Sunday. We'd like to please 100% of the racers, but it's impossible in reality. Luckily racers in the tri-state area have various tracks to choose from to fit their schedule.
Old 2009.04.03, 09:55 PM   #55
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
The best NYRC can do is to accommodate the majority; that's why we are opened Tues; Wed; Fri; Sat and Sunday. We'd like to please 100% of the racers, but it's impossible in reality. Luckily racers in the tri-state area have various tracks to choose from to fit their schedule.
I feel really lucky and I remember when mini z racers didnt have many choices. The cars , hop ups and now the tracks are all evolving and I know the NYC Metro area can support it. I cant wait to come and run at NYRC....
We all need to get our friends, co workers and even relatives to come out and play mini z.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.04, 09:14 AM   #56
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
I heard "THE SLAYER" was in attendance lastnight. Ralph was also in the house, now all I need is some free time to come play.

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.04, 11:45 AM   #57
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Had a lot of fun at practice yesterday... I cant wait until races start. There is going to be a lot of tight racing.
Old 2009.04.04, 10:46 PM   #58
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

Who was "THE SLAYER"?
Old 2009.04.04, 11:28 PM   #59
ralph m
tqracing.com

Hamlin's getting fets and a mod, better watch out!

Thanks for your help today Roland.
ralph m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.05, 01:06 PM   #60
osnitro

Send a message via AIM to osnitro
Thumbs up

I can speak to the fact that NYRC does accommodate it's racers and that's why it is my home track!

BRC

Quote: