Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.09.21, 05:46 PM   #16
mini-z
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm very pleased because most of these ideas are already in the works, even some of the more complex ones. Btw, we can take CC now if anyone is unable to use PayPal, just email us for details. Thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.06, 01:36 PM   #17
mini-z
Administrator

Btw, we are also looking for people to contribute articles, tips, news, etc. - please let us know if interested.
Old 2002.10.06, 03:26 PM   #18
ScottMcLeod

Send a message via ICQ to ScottMcLeod Send a message via AIM to ScottMcLeod Send a message via Yahoo to ScottMcLeod
I'd be interested in helping. (i'm sure we can assume the help of certain other people as well... Everyone is in support of getting rid of some of the repetitive "i'm new, how do i do _____" posts...)
Old 2002.10.07, 08:59 AM   #19
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
Listen the question are what makes this a good place to visit even when they are sometimes repeated often new better answers come the second or third or tenth time a question is asked? You never have to read a post you don't want to! I like the idea of a FAQ and an orientation area telling the new people how to use the forum could be a requirement. I learn new things every day. My number of posts is low but if ya tracked my reads that number would be up there. I think the site is great but would like more photos in the shop. I have few complaints for all the great information this site provides I am glad it is here keep up the good work Mini-Z and crew
Old 2002.10.07, 10:14 AM   #20
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Lets have a forum channel that will be void of silly posts, deleted the second they are made, we can toss well written high-info threads/replies into this forum area... these would later be turned into a faq. I would say make it read only, but we might need to reply to them, unless you can make it possible to DUPLICATE a thread, copy it into the faq-zone, instead of moving it... that way replies can be made on the original, and if they pertain they too can be copied.

Then should a very very common questoin be asked, we can lock the question, and link them to one of the pertaining threads... so they can ask in there as reply or someting.
Old 2002.10.12, 07:03 PM   #21
ultrawide
Same same, but different.

Dave, what I really miss are " what's new" in the shop.
I feel sorry to say this, but it's a pain to look around everything and trying to remember what was there when I last look around.

//uw

Last edited by ultrawide; 2002.10.13 at 12:25 PM.
ultrawide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.13, 12:18 PM   #22
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i think a faq/how to section is necessary. for the record, i always try to search before posting a thread.
i think the way to avoid repetitvie questions in a beginners/faq/how to section is to change the way it is interfaced. newbies don't always take the time to read thru or do a search before posting as everyone would like, so maybe you can combine the search and beginners/faq/how to section areas into a more interactive beginners/faq/how to section that begins with a search dialoge box matching you to relavent threads. this would force the use of the ever helpful search button that seems to get neglected.
i for one would love a how to section having bought parts without directions and tools (powerline). i'm glad i use the search button, found most of the answers without having to post.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.13, 11:41 PM   #23
herman

arch2b

good suggestion... hmm i always thought it was a toyota vitz and not a fitz though...

another suggestion... why not put post date on them topics... that way we can see how old them posts are...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.14, 10:56 AM   #24
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks for catching my typo. corrected.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.15, 09:28 AM   #25
herman

sorry to be off topic...

arch2b... here's a link to my vitz...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...&threadid=2239
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.15, 11:26 PM   #26
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconious
Lets have a forum channel that will be void of silly posts, deleted the second they are made, we can toss well written high-info threads/replies into this forum area... these would later be turned into a faq. I would say make it read only, but we might need to reply to them, unless you can make it possible to DUPLICATE a thread, copy it into the faq-zone, instead of moving it... that way replies can be made on the original, and if they pertain they too can be copied.

Then should a very very common questoin be asked, we can lock the question, and link them to one of the pertaining threads... so they can ask in there as reply or someting.
Excellent. This is what we've been doing at TinyRC.com too. Here's the FAQ section:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumd...php?forumid=42

What I need you guys to do is start searching for and nominating classic threads to be duplicated over to that section. Thanks guys!
Old 2002.10.15, 11:28 PM   #27
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ultrawide
Dave, what I really miss are " what's new" in the shop.
I feel sorry to say this, but it's a pain to look around everything and trying to remember what was there when I last look around.

//uw
Good point! I had rather forgotten about those announcements, I will attempt to make a point of continuing that old habit in the future, thanks for the reminder!
Old 2002.10.15, 11:38 PM   #28
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by arch2b
i for one would love a how to section having bought parts without directions and tools (powerline). i'm glad i use the search button, found most of the answers without having to post.
This is an excellent suggestion; we have Installation Guides for a few parts, but a comprehensive section would be fantastic. Is there anyone who has both the knowledge of how most parts are installed, as well as the ability to draw nice diagrams/take nice pics, who could head up this effort? Thanks!
Old 2002.10.22, 08:16 AM   #29
Kevin

How about an option to send out a daily digest (or individual emails) like a listserv? This may not be feasible with as many members and posts there are but I would love to be able to read all the posts on my Palm when I'm away from the computer.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.10.25, 10:31 PM   #30
mini-z
Administrator

Cool - or perhaps an AvantGo channel or similar?