Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.12.11, 08:13 AM   #151
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i had the problem again last night with my f1 model memory. all others were fine but my f1 setting went haywire. i think i will just start righting down my settings to have as a back up when this happens again.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.11, 09:04 AM   #152
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Chad. Try putting the settins in two different model numbers. If one takes the day off check to see if the other stayed home.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.11, 12:31 PM   #153
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
my story almost the same..Im using helios...but not memory lost...the car cant find my radio...No LED status on module-comfirm and car LED blinking..I think-cant remember...what i do is clean the terminal from my radio and done......maybe the terminal in poor connection due to me always unplugged the module
Try putting a business card between the module and radio (under to push it up) this will help keep the contact better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
The Mars and Helios have low number memories.....The UR1 and the Eurus have high number memories. Could the problem be with the memory ???
I do have the Data Pack for the Helios, which expands the memory space to 25. I dont have any memory issues, although I recently had some issues getting into reverse on a couple of my cars that I was using throttle punch with (70t cars). Last week they worked fine, this week I couldnt reverse until I removed the punch. I had been using the settings for the last few months without a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Chad. Try putting the settins in two different model numbers. If one takes the day off check to see if the other stayed home.
That is a good idea, if you have the memory space, give it a shot.
Old 2010.12.11, 12:49 PM   #154
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i guess i should take advantage of the eurus's 30 model memory. i will just copy each model over and see what happens.
thanks
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.11, 12:56 PM   #155
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
One thing that I really like about the Data Pack for the Helios, is that I can copy memory settings to a different Helios. I did this at the worlds for Mike Gee's 70t stock car, so he started with the same settings that I use on my car, and tweaked from there to fine tune his settings. I just have to make sure that when I turn off the radio, it is not on a model memory on the data pack, otherwise it wont work when I remove the data pack.
Old 2010.12.11, 09:42 PM   #156
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Ill copy my models to. We still need some help/advise from KO.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.12, 06:25 AM   #157
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz View Post
Ill copy my models to. We still need some help/advise from KO.
Larry do you have the new 902 module (blue led)?
Do you take the module out during transport?
Do you ever forget install the module and turn the TX?

I have no answers only scenerios we can use to try to help KO troubleshoot
unless they already know something.......
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.12, 09:23 AM   #158
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
Larry do you have the new 902 module (blue led)?
Do you take the module out during transport?
Do you ever forget install the module and turn the TX?

I have no answers only scenerios we can use to try to help KO troubleshoot
unless they already know something.......
Yes, its the 902 module.
I keep the module in (in a padded bag). Also i have a piece of lexan between module and frame to keep module more secure from wiggling.
Never take module out.

Good ideas. Like i said, only happened 1 time so far but others its happening to also?

Old 2010.12.13, 07:02 PM   #159
KO PROPO Staff

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I haven't been receiving any notifications about posts here for some reason nor do I have any private messages in my box. Thank you Larry Frey for emailing me and bringing this to my attention.

As for the phantom model memory changes you will need to send in the Tx. Sometimes the memory in the initial batch of Eurus Tx's would become corrupted and the software will need to be re-flashed. It's a quick fix but you have to send in the Tx to have this done. Your current Tx settings will not be changed so you do not have to worry about losing them. After doing this firmware flash, I have not seen any come back so it seems to have been corrected. So far I have only had to do this to 5 Eurus transmitters and this is far below our 1% failure rate on products. I will apologize if this has happened to you but we will take care of it for you.

A quick fix to get you by until you have time to send the Tx in would be to move to a different model memory (discontinue the use of the corrupted one). Reset the new model memory and then perform the Adjust VR function to re-calibrate the Tx.

Just fill out the service request form found on our site (Support -> Repair Centers) along with a copy of your receipt and we will re-flash the software and send the Tx back to you if you are in North America.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.13, 08:37 PM   #160
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Robert (KO), Thanks for info. Glad i could help get this going.

Old 2010.12.13, 09:27 PM   #161
hpotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I haven't been receiving any notifications about posts here for some reason nor do I have any private messages in my box. Thank you Larry Frey for emailing me and bringing this to my attention.

As for the phantom model memory changes you will need to send in the Tx. Sometimes the memory in the initial batch of Eurus Tx's would become corrupted and the software will need to be re-flashed. It's a quick fix but you have to send in the Tx to have this done. Your current Tx settings will not be changed so you do not have to worry about losing them. After doing this firmware flash, I have not seen any come back so it seems to have been corrected. So far I have only had to do this to 5 Eurus transmitters and this is far below our 1% failure rate on products. I will apologize if this has happened to you but we will take care of it for you.

A quick fix to get you by until you have time to send the Tx in would be to move to a different model memory (discontinue the use of the corrupted one). Reset the new model memory and then perform the Adjust VR function to re-calibrate the Tx.

Just fill out the service request form found on our site (Support -> Repair Centers) along with a copy of your receipt and we will re-flash the software and send the Tx back to you if you are in North America.
Is this the same for the EX1-UR having the settings problem and the losing bind problem? What if I can not find the receipt?
Old 2010.12.14, 05:53 AM   #162
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:

Since KO TXs have serial numbers....What serial numbers will this effect?
Old 2010.12.14, 06:02 AM   #163
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:

Since KO TXs have serial numbers....What serial numbers will this effect?
Old 2010.12.14, 08:59 AM   #164
Slapstick10
The "MAYOR"

Send a message via AIM to Slapstick10
Dazzed and confused!

What am I doing thats so differant from you guys. I have not had a lost bind. I use my radio 3days a week and run multiple classes and cars. I never take out my module, only when I race 1/10 in the summer. My module does fit very snug to the radio. I do always adjust my vr when a new car is added. I can confirm that Potter has lost bind on his radio. I have saw it first hand and its not a pretty site.
Old 2010.12.14, 12:56 PM   #165
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpotter View Post
Is this the same for the EX1-UR having the settings problem and the losing bind problem? What if I can not find the receipt?
Binding problem is totally different and is a module problem. If you have problems with the settings in the EX-1 UR then you would have to send this in as well.

If you don't have your receipt then you will be charged for labor and shipping.

bermbuster- I wouldn't know what serial numbers would be effected. I've been told that if there is a problem with setting getting corrupted then you would have to send it in. If you don't have the problem then you don't have to worry about it.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote