Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.02.22, 03:56 AM   #16
martoediefroets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
does this radio have a 4th chanel? if so reverse it and try. The it4 would only turn a bit till i reversed chanel 4 and chanel1 as they turned the wrong way then moved it up to 120% now the car will turn tighter than a kt19 The it4 has a button under your little finger i had to put a piece of plastic over cause if you push the button it doesnt steer fully, couldn't figure out why i was crashing every so often? DOH! lol
The GT3B is 3ch !
This must be the problem as it seems you need to reverse the 4th ch on a IT4 or a hacked GT3B.
I like the flysky transmitters very much and have my GT3B binded with 9 rc cars. Receivers are cheap and there are lots of mods and hacks to make great tramsmitter out of them.
I even stopped using my Futaba 4 PLS.
As mine is not hacked i will get the IT4!

Last edited by martoediefroets; 2015.02.22 at 04:05 AM.
martoediefroets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.26, 09:41 AM   #17
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
Would like to hear your opinion of this radio once you run it a bit!
I got some wheel time with the Flysky IT4 last night. I’d have to say that I like it better than the GT3C for feel and I like the way the you can change the wheel angle on the TX, similar to the drop down I have on my Ko Propo EX-10 Helios. I feel that the radio is pretty good and will hang onto it and use it with the car. It feels much better in the hand than the KT-19 to me. I’m getting more steering than I was with the GT3C so that is also a positive. I’ll have one of the guys running the car tonight at our races and I’ll get some feedback from him as well, Chances are this will end up being his car and radio as I was doing all the testing for him. I might have to look into swapping out my loaner cars for the sports series cars as so far I feel they are descent and when factoring in the pricing it think it’s the way to go.

As for the FS-IT4 is concerned I think It’s a nice radio for the money and it has some good possibilities, the feel is nice for control and it feels good in your hand. The wheel is nice (sponge part). The plastic isn’t as good as my Ko TX however but the value is there for sure for what you pay. You get a lipo battery, USB cable to charge the TX, A receiver, and some telemetry sensors that can be used in a larger scale cars. I do feel that the transmission rate may be slightly slower than the ASF cars but it’s not bad by any means.
Old 2015.02.26, 10:54 AM   #18
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Any luck with multiple models yet? Any binding issues?
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.26, 11:28 AM   #19
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Any luck with multiple models yet? Any binding issues?
I only have one 03 sports. I didn't have any issues binding it, and I did also bind it to the receiver that came with it. both function without having to rebind. I put the receiver in one of my monster trucks to test and it worked no problem just by selecting the right model and turning on the car I wanted to run. I only had to bind them once and set them to different models with different setting and it all worked correctly.
Old 2015.03.30, 01:35 PM   #20
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by martoediefroets View Post
I have binded my GT3B to my sports, but even with 120% endpoint setting the steering angle is very limited.
With the og kt19 i get more steering.
I am trying to figure out why i get less streering from the GT3B.
For those using a GT3B, did you have any problems with steering trim? I happened to have an unused Turnigy GTX3 (clone of the GT3B), we were able to bind it successfully to a sports at the club to try out. The steering seems limited as others have noted, but the trim is way off. Even with full left trim (30) it still steers right.

It looks like the GT3B is hackable to use different firmware, which includes adding more channels, added trim range/sub trim, endpoints, etc. I wonder if a hacked GT3B would address the steering travel and trim problems, might be something worth trying. The GT3B is such a bargain and would be a good upgrade from the KT19 for those starting out with a sports.
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.30, 01:44 PM   #21
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Try centering the radio trim for steering. Then, with radio turned off, go to the chassis and power up. Manually center the steering. When completed push the pairing button on the chassis to reset it. Turn chassis off. Turn radio on then chassis on and see if all is OK. This procedure is frequently done even with the KT-19. Worth a try here as well.
Old 2015.03.30, 02:17 PM   #22
stefano225

I been using the GT3B on my sports for some time now and yes you don't get full steering like you do with the KT19 even if you set the endpoint at 120%,wasn't aware of firmware I might give that a try.As far as steering trim mine is pretty accurate,I would have suggested like the previous post that should fix problem.
stefano225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.30, 02:39 PM   #23
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I have never had one of the radios in my hand so I'm not al all sure what features they have but if equipped, what are the steering dual rate settings? Make sure that they are at 100% before setting end points to avoid damaging the 4th gear in the steering servo.
Old 2015.03.30, 03:12 PM   #24
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Try centering the radio trim for steering. Then, with radio turned off, go to the chassis and power up. Manually center the steering. When completed push the pairing button on the chassis to reset it. Turn chassis off. Turn radio on then chassis on and see if all is OK. This procedure is frequently done even with the KT-19. Worth a try here as well.
Thanks for the quick response guys, good suggestion. We'll try this when I'm at the track next week.
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.31, 08:10 PM   #25
stefano225

Funny thing after I posted my reply my car started requiring right trim ,tonight after a close inspection I found the left side steering block was cracked.This was the second steering block I replaced so far (first one was the right side)still using stock parts.That maybe be another thing to check on your car if you are using stock parts,soon I will replace mine with aluminum block I ordered tonight.
stefano225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.24, 05:03 AM   #26
ilove599xx

sorry, I am a newbie, I just bought one IT4 too, I have no idea how to bind the mr03s, I did bind my other RC cars no problem though.

so "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own"

can anyone tell me what tx is?

or give me a direction for the whole process

thanks
ilove599xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.24, 08:47 AM   #27
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Assuming you are speaking of definition of term's, TX is transmitter and RX is the receiver.
Old 2015.04.28, 06:51 AM   #28
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove599xx View Post
sorry, I am a newbie, I just bought one IT4 too, I have no idea how to bind the mr03s, I did bind my other RC cars no problem though.

so "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own"

can anyone tell me what tx is?

or give me a direction for the whole process

thanks
First put the radio in bind mode..

Then press and hold the bind button before turning on the car.

I know when I bonded my FlySky radio there were no flashing led's or indication it was bindedicated until after I turned both of them off then on.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.08, 03:18 AM   #29
ilove599xx

first of all, i don't know what "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off" means, I can see ADFHS 2 on my RX set up already, I don't know how to set the ADFHS

I went to the BIND WITH RECEIVER on the IT4 RX setup.

and then

I turned my mr03 sports on, the LED is flashing once at a time,

and then

I press the button on the board, now the LED is flashing twice at a time

and then nothing happend,

is there any process is incorrect?

Last edited by ilove599xx; 2015.06.08 at 03:26 AM.
ilove599xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.08, 08:48 AM   #30
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove599xx View Post
first of all, i don't know what "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off" means, I can see ADFHS 2 on my RX set up already, I don't know how to set the ADFHS

I went to the BIND WITH RECEIVER on the IT4 RX setup.

and then

I turned my mr03 sports on, the LED is flashing once at a time,

and then

I press the button on the board, now the LED is flashing twice at a time

and then nothing happend,

is there any process is incorrect?
Put the TX in to "BIND WITH RECEIVER"

then you need to hold the button on the car down and turn the car on with the button being pushed then release the button, turn off the car, turn off the TX, then turn on the TX and then the car.

Hope that clarifies it for you.