Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.21, 04:56 PM   #31
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Hi Pedro,
We have been allowing any SO8 Package single layer FET in the stock class for awhile now. The 3010's were hard to get at first and most of the stock class racers were already running 4562's or 7389's anyway. If the Hobby Shop vies for a regional event, say PN or Atomic, then only 3004's and 3010's will be allowed by these sanctioning bodies for the stock class. On another note, I will not be there tonight either, the weather is too bad for two wheels. I will ride in the rain if I get stuck in it, but I have a hard time getting on my bike and riding out somewhere in the rain. It would have to be an emergency or work, etc... I do have some Cajun Spice for you and I will throw in a couple for Tony and Mr. Gibbs - no charge this time. We can use all the exposure we can get! See you next week!

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 02:05 AM   #32
n2rc

fet questions

i see no problem putting 8962 fets in you car. as long as you don't double stack them. sounds like a good plan for you to update your enzo and buy a new 2.4 double stacked fet car when they come out and run it in modified. we will have a larger modified class when these cars come out. i see almost everyone running a car in stock and modified. 4 to 5 sets of batteries would get you through the night. todd
n2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 08:22 AM   #33
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Thanks, I'll get my readin' spectacles and my pointy tipped soldering iron. I could be racing mod only if I fry this board...
On that note has anyone heard yet if any 2.4 ghz transmitter module will work with the new car? I've heard Kopropo will work but would an Airtronics? Need to know if I need to order car only or Readyset.
How was the action last night?

Pedro
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 11:18 AM   #34
pick
Village Idiot

Hey Pedro,
Don't know if you're a master with the soldering iron or not? But seeing that I fried a perfect board, you might want to have Wade or Lara do the fets. Just a suggestion. They're really cheap and do it all the time. I ended up having to buy a new board and pay for the fet change due to my inexperience (stupidity). I can't tell you about the compatability of other 2.4 controllers with the new car. However, we had a great race night on Thursday. Not quite as many people due to weather, but we still had a lot of fun. Look forward to seeing you next time.
James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 01:47 PM   #35
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Hey James,

Maybe you should spend a little less time in the the forum and a little more time trying to figure out how to fit that transponder in your F1.

Jay Vasquez
Official Lap Counter for James PICK
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.23, 01:55 PM   #36
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

On a little more serious note. I know I probably need alot more practice before I advance to the stock, mod and F1 classes however I have noticed some guys running novice and the above mentioned classes,(I could be mistaken)what is the criteria if any for advancement.

Jay Vasquez
Old 2008.02.23, 04:44 PM   #37
pick
Village Idiot

I hear ya Jay! I'm still trying to fit that transponder so you can be relieved, but no luck yet. Everything so far either doesn't fit or causes glitching. As far as the race classes, this is how it works. There are technically 2 stock classes, novice stock and pro stock. According to the old rules, the novice class is for racers running under 45 laps in the main. Normally we divide all stock cars into 2 or 3 mains depending on how many racers so that there aren't too many cars at one time. Your qualifying time during the heats determines which main you run in with the A main being the fastest cars. If you win your main, you get to bump up and run the next main also. Either way, your times will automatically put you in the correct race. As far as Open Modified and F1, anyone with a car suited for the class can run. If there starts being too many racers at once, those will probably be divided into multiple heats and mains also. So basically, get your junk out and run it!!
James
Old 2008.02.26, 08:50 AM   #38
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Hey James,

I picked up an F-1 from a guy in Atlanta of the forums a coulpe of weeks ago. I finally got some track time with it this morning, it is awesome. Hopefully I will run it this week if I can make it to Highspeed. How about put the transponder ontop of the motor or rear wing even with velcro I am going to give it a shot I guess you have to hook up power at the board with the motor. Any suggestions anyone?

Jay Vasquez
Old 2008.02.26, 09:15 PM   #39
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Hey Jay,

Don't connect the transponder to the motor-to-board connection point. The power is regulated by the speed control. Tap into the feed from the batteries to the board. Hopefully one of the guys that have fit an AMB to an F1 will reply with some tips on location.

Pedro

Hope to see you Thursday.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.26, 11:13 PM   #40
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Thanks for the 411 Pedro. I think that Lara has a transponder in his F-1 maybe he will respond. It sure would be nice if we could get little more activity going on here on the forum. Anyway maybe I am the only one who checks it 3 to 5 times a day. Call me obsessive compulsive. Hope to here from some more of you Z-oon.

Jay
Old 2008.02.27, 01:47 PM   #41
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Tommy,
The reason we allow any single layer SO8 package FET is because soon after we started racing @ High Speed Hobbies a few years ago, 3004 FET's were not readily available to repair smoked PCB's. We began using 7389's which were available and then later, 4562's. It was an economic decision so racers would not have to buy a new PCB to repair their cars. Now, there are a number of racer's that are still around from back then and are still running the same boards they started with. As I stated, if a regional event were to be run @ HSH, then the stock rules would have to be strictly adhered to. At this time, we are just club racing and we can make our own rules

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Old 2008.02.27, 01:51 PM   #42
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
Thanks for the 411 Pedro. I think that Lara has a transponder in his F-1 maybe he will respond. It sure would be nice if we could get little more activity going on here on the forum. Anyway maybe I am the only one who checks it 3 to 5 times a day. Call me obsessive compulsive. Hope to here from some more of you Z-oon.

Jay
Jay,
Pedro is right, tap off of the power leads going to the battery. They are on the left side top of the chassis.

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Old 2008.02.27, 05:31 PM   #43
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_greeneyes View Post
I know i do not race with you guys anymore, but i have to ask you something, WHY are you guys putting higher FETs in your car, 8962 or 4562's i know when i was there, reason of change 3004 fets was they blown up , and now that there an new broad 3010's ,why go to 8962 or 4562's single layer ,i know if you do go to 8962 or 4562's single layer, you miles well run Mod class, with them fet's you will go fast then an 3010 ,By far the 3010 broad is the best way to go ,with an X-speed and PN 07 motor, how i know, i 've beating you guys with this set-up, i know you guys can be up set on what i say here, but i seen alot down there and was not feels on what was going on , the FETS stuff ,looks to me has got out of hand, and i thinkyour just running half stock and mod cars in stock class, its not an true stock class,

let me now who got 62 laps with an with an true stock car with 3010's and no cheating motors, that why i went by the rules, No one checks the cars after the races,well maybe find an person who's not racing that night that knows about Mini-Z. have to police things more,
Tommy,
Easy big daddy! Down boy, down. I promise it will be OK. You know we all love ya Tommy. However, I think the only completely correct statement you made is that you don't race down here right now. And yes, we know that you consistantly smoked us on Thursday nights with a 3010 board. With that being said, it shouldn't bother you that other fets are being run. The 3010 still prevailed. Either way, most guys just want an economic alternative to buying a brand new board. And our club rules specifically say that you can run a different single fet layer in the stock class. While we're talking about the rules that you so strictly adhered to, I think I have a copy that says no tire compounds were to be used on Mini-Z's. Depending on how it's interpreted, WD-40 could probably be considered a tire compund. Enough throwing daggers, that doesn't get us anywhere. I'm just here to have fun like most everyone that participates on Thursday night. There's really no need to get too crazy. Let's face it, we're all just a bunch of grown men playing with toy cars (which is fine by me).I'm just as competitive as the next guy, but all you get for winning are bragging rights. So, let's keep it fun!
James