Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.31, 08:07 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
DC GTG Points Series

remember, we will be running our dc gtg points series parallel to the hfay series only ours will be open class. i will be providing a prize for the winner, nothing big but something to show my appreciation for you guys coming to participate.

i would like to run 3/4 per qualifyer to give us a cleaner race depending on turnout. i don't think everyone will committ to the series so it should be ok.

please see the hfay manual for details and rules.
the hfay online points series manual has been finalized and uploaded

please refer to the frequency chart as we will be sticking to this for the duration of the series so that we do not have any issues. if you do not see your name listed, please choose a frequency and post and i'll update the listing.

for the january races (number 01 and 02) we will be using the following layout

Last edited by arch2b; 2005.12.31 at 08:10 PM. Reason: please keep thread on topic
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.07, 11:50 PM   #2
arch2b

well, i think this idea is going to work well! it was fun running the stock class and just as fun with the open class.

spoon is in charge of posting results which i'm sure he will have up soon. i'm not exactly clear on the points thing but that's why it's great to have someone helping

i think i got core setup correctly for the next races so hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

thanks for those who came and joined the fun! it's still not too late for the rest of you guys to come and join the series i can almost gaurantee that others will miss a race or two so it should all even itself out in the end.

still working on the prize for our series... minor setback tonight but i'll get it back on track shortly.
Old 2006.01.08, 10:06 AM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I am almost ready to post the results. I am not sure how to score the points for our local series. I have an idea but I would like some feedback.

The details are here at this thread

Kenotap, if you have any experience from the bigger races, let me know.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 05:00 PM   #4
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

DC GTG Scoring

Hey guys,

Here is the current format that we are going to use for the DC Series.

Rules/Classes

We are modeling our race format after the HFAY rules. There are some exceptions/extensions. There are no restrictions on motors, PCB mods, or chassis mods.

Track Layouts

We will follow along with the HFAY track layouts.

Scoring

1st : 10 points
2nd : 8 points
3rd : 6 points
4th : 5 points
5th : 4 points
6th : 3 points
7th : 2 points
8th : 1 point

There will also be an additional point awarded to the Top Qualifier.

The series will have a total of 12 races. We will use best 9 or 10 out of 12 for the series points. The number of races is TBD. We can refine the rules/scoring suring the GTG's or here in the forum.

There is still some discussion to be had about setting up the mains.
Old 2006.01.08, 05:02 PM   #5
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

January 7 Race Report and Results

Most drivers were running MR02's with a single layer FET replacement and upgraded motors. Some prefer Atomic stock, some Kyosho x-speed.

For start order in the mains, we used two 6 minute qualifiers. We used each driver's best race to determine start order. This basically gives you two chances to bring your A game. There was some discussion of using best 2 of 3 but we decided to keep it simple.

We had a total of 6 racers, so we ran 3 drivers for each qualifier.

Qualifier Races
Race 1/2: SoyVerde, Kenotap, ccson
Race 2/2: Arch2B, Spoon, Matt

After running the Quals twice the top three qualifiers were within two laps, setting the stage for a tight race. Yours truly barely managed to get the TQ spot earning an extra point for the day.

In the spirit of keeping things fun, all 6 drivers, competed in the A main. There was a little bit of traffic, but in the end, the final finish order was...

Kenotap...10 Points
Spoon...8 Points (+1 for TQ)
ccson...6 Points
Matt...5 Points
SoyVerde...4 Points
Arch2B...3 Points

This makes the series standings after 1 race

Kenotap...10 Points
Spoon...9 Points
ccson...6 Points
Matt...5 Points
SoyVerde...4 Points
Arch2B...3 Points
Old 2006.01.08, 05:54 PM   #6
arch2b

due to operator error (that would be me) i lost the core results for these races.

thanks spoon for the 1st race synopsis and taking care of the posting

i wish i had the graphs for the races1/2. you guys were all very close. i hope to bring some better game next time. i need to practice my trigger finger techique (squeeze daniel-san)
Old 2006.01.08, 06:58 PM   #7
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Weird, I could have sworn I placed fourth in the mains...I guess that's what I get for not paying attention. I suppose that last lap or two I spent upside down hurt me more than I thought.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 07:03 PM   #8
arch2b

ian, we had to recall the final order by memory. i knew i finished last for sure.

on second thought spoon, i think ian is right..... matt finished better in other heats we ran that night but i do think ian did finish above matt. it was a good lap count to if i recall. better than he had done last time.

sorry fella's. i can assure you i am almost certain i have core setup correctly this time i grabed the wrong data file before overwriting so it's gone
Old 2006.01.08, 07:11 PM   #9
arch2b

i'd like to get an f1 class going eventually if we can get more than 3 f1's for the grid. anyone else interested in doing this at some point?
Old 2006.01.08, 07:51 PM   #10
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i'd like to get an f1 class going eventually if we can get more than 3 f1's for the grid. anyone else interested in doing this at some point?
I wouldn't mind doing an F1 class. I think someone is selling an F1 in the misc discussion. ( I think soyverde and kenotap were thinking about getting one)

Here it is...
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20378

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also with the updated information the new standings are...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenotap...10 Points
Spoon...8 Points (+1 for TQ)
ccson...6 Points
Soyverde...5 Points
Matt...4 Points
Arch2B...3 Points

This makes the series standings after 1 race

Kenotap...10 Points
Spoon...9 Points
ccson...6 Points
Soyverde...5 Points
Matt...4 Points
Arch2B...3 Points

Thanks for speaking up soyverde, as Arch said, we were trying to go by memory. By the way, nice driving in the stock class. The laps were very close in those races.
Old 2006.01.08, 07:53 PM   #11
arch2b

something mini-z and i were talking about today was running a body/motor specifc class. for reference we were talking about the new mini cooper body that just came out. there are several games that have a similar format such as bettle challenge, i think there was a ferrari one as well and i know of a mini one too. just something to chew on...
Old 2006.01.08, 10:27 PM   #12
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Arch, no need to change the standings, I am not certain of it (your cousin may have a better recollection). like I said, I do remember spending ~ 2 out of the last three laps upside down until you helped flip my car back over.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.21, 11:12 PM   #13
arch2b

soyverde, sorry you couldn't make it this weekend. i hope the fmaily is feeling better soon.

spoon has the core results this time i managed after some quick changes to the software to get it up and running correctly and all went rather smoothly.

while i believe myself to be a humble person, i am quite happy with my improvement i was obviously still in the bottom of the bracket but i feel i was doing much better.

great driving spoon, ccson and kenotap.

just a reminder, we are instituting a toss or whatever you call it so missing a race won't hurt.
Old 2006.01.22, 08:33 AM   #14
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

As Arch mentioned, I do have the CORE results from yesterday. Arch was a champ with the CORE setup. We had some really tight racing for the OLPS races and the DC Series.

The DC races were not without some mishaps. Our most consistent driver Kenotap had some equipment troubles during the main but he did manage to get the Top Qualifier point with 59 laps.

The result that amazed me the most was the difference between first and second for the A Main. I was running my fetted MR-02 with an X-speed and a 9 tooth pinion and ccson was running his stock OLPS car. ccson proved that with these tight tracks consistency and skill can easily hang with raw power.

We traded the lead through out the race and in the end I pinched out a victory by 0.53 seconds

So the final finish order for the DC Series (with points) was
10 Points...Spoon
8 Points...ccson
6 Points...Kenotap (with two thrown tires) + 1 for TQ
5 Points...Arch2B

That shifts the standings a little bit, but this is not final. For the 12 races we will have 1-3 throwaways.

Current Standings

Spoon (19)
Kenotap (17)
ccson (14)
Arch2B (8)
SoyVerde (5)
Matt (4)

I will post the DC Series times sometime today or tomorrow.
-Spoon
Old 2006.01.24, 08:04 AM   #15
arch2b

hmmm.... two of my replies from yesterday seem to be gone

thanks for the race reporting spoon
i look forward to seeing the pictures as well email me abou that as we now have a club/gtg section in the new gallery to which we (all of us) should be able to upload images to. keep in mind however that any images you upload regardless of the cat/album destination will appear in your member gallery. just the way it is....