Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.10.25, 05:49 AM   #1
Pierro

Atomic antenna

Hello guys!

I'm a new one on this forum (from belgium) and I've got my AWD for months now.

The problem is I broke my antenna last week and so, I'm trying to find a good one to replace. I have a home made antenna at this time, but I want something clean.

I was thinking about the new atomic antenna (see picture). But I've a question about that one. Is it possible to use it as an internal antenna without the tube? I most of the time drift in my room and so don't need much scope for that.

The aim is to have an internal antenna for my classic use of the car and being able to switch to a "normal" antenna when needed. (without changing the antenna itself)

An other question is am I obliged to thrill my body to make this antenna fit or can I use the hole already in place on the boddy?

Thank you very much for help!

The picture of the atomic antenna:
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 08:58 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
sure they look pretty but are they getting you anything a 10 cent peice of guitar string can't? i too wanted to get this but started thinking about all the extra plastic, bigger hole in the body maybe , etc., etc. and just cut another peice of guitar string and was back in business. i actually bend a small coil at the base so the antenna is more springy and less likely to snap.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 09:31 AM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I say just wait unitl January...our Z's won't need antenna's then
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 09:33 AM   #4
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

the hole is in a different place to most rear windows,it also doesnt fit too well with low bodies.
i have a peice of wire through a tube supported with a cutoff length of the original ariel
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 01:20 PM   #5
cazcade
cazcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor
the hole is in a different place to most rear windows,it also doesnt fit too well with low bodies.
i have a peice of wire through a tube supported with a cutoff length of the original ariel

I have the atomic antenna and I like it! Sure it's not really neccesary and u have to open up the hole in the body a little bit, but it looks so nice

It actually helps you in keeping all four tires on the ground. The antenna stops the body from flipping over on its back. (not that it happens that often...)

I havent had any problems with any body really. Just unscrew the normal antenna "holderthingamajig" and screw it on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA-010-ant.jpg (66.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg arty-ant.jpg (37.4 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by cazcade; 2007.10.25 at 01:45 PM.
cazcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.26, 08:29 AM   #6
Pierro

Thanks for the pics Cazcade!

What about the "strenght" of the wire? Is it rather hard or flexible?
I mean if I use it as an internal antenna, will the wire stay in place without tape/glue?

I'm a little maniac so that's why I want a "clean" car including the antenna...^^
Old 2007.10.27, 01:29 AM   #7
cazcade
cazcade

The wire is pretty weak. it is more like a thread then a piano wire. You will need to tape it or it will fly around.

But u know there is an internal antenna made by kyosho:
http://www.rcstudy.com/forum/viewtop...d019fa0625ba92

Here is aother post:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25639
cazcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.27, 02:16 PM   #8
Pierro

Yes I knew this antenna made by kyosho, but difficult to find and it looks like people who used it were not very satisfied.

In fact, this friday et saturday I've been on two différent tracks and tested my AWD with the piano wire. Despite it's ugly look, I must admit it works very well to get back te car on its wheel! (whith the skyline and lancia delta I used)
So for now, I will let it and looking for another antenna later.

Perhaps the flexible atomic that I've seen in the club and that was rather used and satisfying for different member of the club.

Thank you very much for you're help!