Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > 1/28 Scale Chassis Discussion > Aftermarket Chassis

Old 2014.10.04, 02:16 AM   #16
JesseT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Very interesting looking design Jesse, and I for one would like to give it a whirl. However, I notice that your subchassis seem all to be geared for a particular body, and unfortunately, I'm not really interested in running any of the bodies you have created subchasssis for.

Is it possible to make the front section separately from the subchassis so that it could be adapted to multiple bodies, perhaps by attaching the standard Kyosho front body clip to it?

ianc
Not very difficult. The solution is called a knife I could also make a version that has the provision for the "PN racing" carbon body mounting plates.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.10, 11:36 AM   #17
ianc

Quote:
Not very difficult. The solution is called a knife
OK, you got me. I guess it would be easy enough to just hack off the front and use your own mounting plate.

I'm still quite interested in this, and am seriously considering grabbing one or two of these, but I find myself spending a lot of time staring at it and trying to visualize what parts would actually be needed to mount a brushed motor in there, as I have not made the jump to brushless yet...

You mention bearing carriers for the PN configurable mount, but it does not look like those are offered separately, although I do see the motor carrier there: PN Configurable Mount parts.

Do you have any kind of parts list made out, or perhaps a series of assembly photos from someone who's built a brushed version that could be used as a guide in what to purchase to get one of these on the track in brushed form? I'd not like to go ordering stuff on spec only to find it doesn't fit or won't work later...

If one was considering brushed operation, would the V2 chassis make a better base for the build rather than the V6 chassis?

Also, I'd like to second the motion for an option that would allow the use of the stock MR03 kingpin front end?

Thanks for any info,

ianc

Last edited by mleemor60; 2014.10.10 at 05:01 PM.
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.10, 01:34 PM   #18
abasualdo

Thumbs up

Think this is what you are looking for.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2014.10.10 at 02:59 PM.
abasualdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.10, 02:46 PM   #19
ianc

Got it, thanks Abasualdo.

Still hoping for some further info though,

ianc
Old 2014.10.10, 03:50 PM   #20
JesseT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
OK, you got me.

Also, I'd like to second the motion for an option that would allow the use of the stock MR03 kingpin front end?

ianc
I made a prototype of this and ordered one for myself. If it works , I will make it available for anyone.
Old 2014.10.10, 06:29 PM   #21
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Wish i had heard about this this morning....went ahead and ordered a V6-458 for the "testing to see if i like mini 12th scale" in the early AM.

It's no biggy though...I'm ok with the limited hacking it'll take to make the kingpin front fit. Nothing against the a-arm front I've just never been able to find a good balance of front feel with the spring rates available.

I'm really looking forward to this sub chassis jesse. Thanks again for your designing ingenuity.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.10, 06:47 PM   #22
ianc

Cowboy, will you be running this brushed or brushless?

Either way, would love to see any pics you take of the build process; the more the merrier!

ianc
Old 2014.10.10, 09:01 PM   #23
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I plan on trying to fit a brushed motor. I have a round can Atomic that i think may be close in size to the PN brushless but until i get a hold of it...

I'd certainly like to try a brushed setup before i shell the $150-$200 for the electronics to get to VE. I've had some good success with a tri shock mod on my F1 but it's on a Mantis T-plate that has less side deflection than an 03 t-plate.

I've also had moderate success with a MRCG1.1 that had soft frp side plates and a tri shock but never could get a servo quick enough to get the same Kyosho steering feel.

I'm hoping that if the round can doesn't quite fit i can modify some extra MRCG parts if needed.

I will be certainly doing a build thread...something innovative like this sub chassis needs its promotion to be pumped up if it has "mini-12th" capabilities.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.10.11, 01:02 PM   #24
ianc

Quote:
*will be certainly doing a build thread...something innovative like this sub chassis needs its promotion to be pumped up if it has "mini-12th" capabilities.
I shall be awaiting it with great anticipation!

ianc
Old 2014.10.12, 03:26 AM   #25
JesseT

The v6 is really only made for the PN brushless. The V2 is for the Brushed motor. It's not impossible to fit a small can Atomic, but some accurate Dremeling and filling is needed.
Old 2014.10.27, 10:43 PM   #26
ianc

Gentlemen,

I realize it's probably way too early for any news, but I find myself thinking more and more often about taking the plunge to brushless via this avenue.

Jesse, any reports on the suitability of the V6 kingpin front-end prototype?

Cowboy, got your chassis yet? Any progress on the build?

Antsy and impatient,

ianc
Old 2014.10.28, 09:15 AM   #27
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Due to a warehouse move and some backlog on orders Shapeways has said there's a delay on producing my order.

I placed my order around the 10th of Oct so I bet I should receive the order mid to late November.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.10.28, 05:50 PM   #28
ianc

Ouch! That's a seriously long delivery time!

Well, if you won't get yours until next Month, they probably haven't even gotten around to sending Jesse an email in Finland yet!

Oh well, I'll just twiddle my thumbs awhile... Thanks for the status update Cowboy,

ianc
Old 2014.10.29, 01:53 PM   #29
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Got an update email...Shapeways expects to be able to meet their shipping date on my order status.

They expect to ship Nov. 14.

Now if I could get an answer from PN about their V2 brushless motors I might go straight to a BL build...unfortunately I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.10.29, 04:56 PM   #30
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Got an update email...Shapeways expects to be able to meet their shipping date on my order status.

They expect to ship Nov. 14.

Now if I could get an answer from PN about their V2 brushless motors I might go straight to a BL build...unfortunately I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere.
Answered your motor question here
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...086#post454086

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote