Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.09.20, 06:47 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Losi 1/36 Micro-Desert Truck

http://teamlosi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB0233

1/36 Micro-Desert Truck RTR(LOSB0233)

From the desert sand to the palm of your hand!

Complete RTR, everything included
Extended chassis for increased stability and scale looks
Fully independent suspension with friction dampers
Differential-equipped transmission with adjustable slipper
Powerful micro-motor for quick acceleration and impressive top speed
Digital proportional electronic speed control with reverse
Losi 27MHz AM radio system included
Micro-Desert Grip tires mounted on chrome Micro bead lock-style wheels
Portable charger included (powered by included alkaline batteries)
Ni-MH battery pack installed
Includes 8 AA alkaline batteries for charger
Includes 8 AA heavy-duty batteries for transmitter

Overview
Designed with the same award-winning features as the Micro-T™, the Micro-Desert Truck™ offers desert racing style in a micro truck that’s just under 6 inches long (about an inch longer than the Micro-T). Packed with a Ni-MH battery, independent suspension, differential-equipped transmission and 27MHz Losi AM radio system, the Micro-Desert Truck has the speed and handling to tackle nearly everything you can throw at it. Take it with you anywhere you go and satisfy your RC cravings with the Micro-Desert Truck.

Product Specifications
Type: 2WD Desert Truck RTR
Scale: 1/36
Length: 5.7 in (114mm)
Width: 3.5 in (89mm)
Wheelbase: 3.5 in (89mm)
Weight: 4.0 oz (112g)
Chassis: Extended composite tub
Suspension: Independent
Drive Train: 3-gear transmission w gear diff and slipper
Tire Type: Micro-Desert Grip tires mounted on black micro bead lock-style wheels
Motor or Engine: Micro electric
Speed Control: Electronic, fully proportional forward/reverse
Radio: Losi 27MHz AM pistol
Servos: Sub-micro
Batteries: 4.8V 150mAh NiMH (included)
Charger: Peak (included)
Wheel Size: 0.75 in (19mm) diameter
Kit/RTR: RTR
Shock Type: Coil-over friction dampers
Body: Factory-decorated Desert Truck
Ball Bearings: BB equipped transmission

arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.20, 07:02 PM   #2
arch2b

all iamges from losi

Old 2007.09.21, 02:51 PM   #3
bobbyz

nice find. i'm liking this car much more than the micro-t or micro-b. i'm hoping the extra length for the desert truck might mean a bigger battery compartment for larger capacity batteries and longer runtimes. that was really my only disappointment with my micro-t. it only runs for around 10min. i was hoping this next holiday seasons offerings would start being unveiled soon. i hope there's more good stuff to come.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 02:56 PM   #4
arch2b

i'm hoping it makes for a more stable chassis with the extra inch as well
Old 2007.09.21, 03:56 PM   #5
kja812
EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i'm hoping it makes for a more stable chassis with the extra inch as well
Me too. I don't own a micro-T but I did give one a test drive.
Any idea from the pics if this chassis will share existing parts/upgrades with the micro-T?
kja812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 06:14 PM   #6
bobbyz

i did just look at a "body off" pic of the micro-t and it looks like the extra inch is added in between the esc cover and the rear shock tower. on the origional micro-t/b the antenna sticks up just infront of the rear shock tower. maybe they designed it to take 2/3 AAA upgrad packs. hopefully all the towers/arms are all the same stuff. i do think the chassis will be different (a bit longer). we'll see.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.22, 01:46 AM   #7
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz
nice find. i'm liking this car much more than the micro-t or micro-b. i'm hoping the extra length for the desert truck might mean a bigger battery compartment for larger capacity batteries and longer runtimes. that was really my only disappointment with my micro-t. it only runs for around 10min. i was hoping this next holiday seasons offerings would start being unveiled soon. i hope there's more good stuff to come.
There are alternatives even for the normal size micro-t chassis. Most lipos get you up to ~200mAh from the stock 150mAh. I just got a bunch of a 400mAh 1s2p lipo from aeronuts in HK. $6 each pack w/o connector and I get 30 min runtimes easy. Its pretty close to stock speed, but its not 2s lipo crazy.

My only disappointment with this is that it would screw up classes for micro-t racing... sigh.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.22, 09:26 AM   #8
monkey19

Send a message via Yahoo to monkey19
The wheels and tires look great, plus the additional inch or so makes it worth trying it out.
Old 2007.09.24, 05:14 PM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Now they need to make a 1/36 scale micro sand rail buggy!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 11:36 AM   #10
FastTRX

How are the Micro-Ts as far as performance? I owned a Mini-T for a while and loved it, but sadly got rid of it after I broke the weak servo running it outside. I'd like to get another in the near future...but I noticed the Micro and thought it looked cool, as well as affordable and easy to run inside.

How is the aftermarket part selection for this truck?
FastTRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 03:16 PM   #11
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTRX
How are the Micro-Ts as far as performance? I owned a Mini-T for a while and loved it, but sadly got rid of it after I broke the weak servo running it outside. I'd like to get another in the near future...but I noticed the Micro and thought it looked cool, as well as affordable and easy to run inside.

How is the aftermarket part selection for this truck?
In short, its an awesome little truck, one of my favorite rc's right now. If nothing else, go by a LHS and take it for a test drive.

To answer your question, Losi took the rc18t route on the servo saver and its a bit soft. The consequence is I've hit plenty of things hard (I let the cat chase it around the house and there are many furniture/wall obstacles that I've hit) and still not broken/stripped the servo. The downside is the exact same, its a bit soft. Doesn't always return to center perfectly and pushes a bit on power. My friend replaced the stock saver spring with a ballpoint pen spring he cut to length that really tightened it up, still waiting to see if anything breaks/strips. The electronics really are hobby quality in the same way mini-z electronics are. Standard 27AM, but uses a 5 wire servo (standard servo case for the micro-t too).
Old 2007.10.08, 03:33 PM   #12
FastTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog4w
In short, its an awesome little truck, one of my favorite rc's right now. If nothing else, go by a LHS and take it for a test drive.

To answer your question, Losi took the rc18t route on the servo saver and its a bit soft. The consequence is I've hit plenty of things hard (I let the cat chase it around the house and there are many furniture/wall obstacles that I've hit) and still not broken/stripped the servo. The downside is the exact same, its a bit soft. Doesn't always return to center perfectly and pushes a bit on power. My friend replaced the stock saver spring with a ballpoint pen spring he cut to length that really tightened it up, still waiting to see if anything breaks/strips. The electronics really are hobby quality in the same way mini-z electronics are. Standard 27AM, but uses a 5 wire servo (standard servo case for the micro-t too).
The size is very appealing...I can run my Z/Xmod tracks with it as well as some outdoor stuff....

My experiences with Losi has been good...but I'm just too hard on my trucks outdoors...I guess I'm building too big of jumps or something. I like the fact it runs the same electronics as the Z...which means I wont have to order diff. parts through a diff. place.
FastTRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 06:33 PM   #13
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTRX
I like the fact it runs the same electronics as the Z...which means I wont have to order diff. parts through a diff. place.
Its not exactly the same, but very similar (just wanted to be clear in case I wasn't).
Old 2007.10.09, 06:49 PM   #14
arch2b

anyone see chassis parts for this yet? i'm going to dump the buggy chassis and just convert mine over. hoping the shop will have the cf chassis for this length quickly.

now we just need more body options like we have for the current chassis. it's amazing this little thing get sooo much aftermarket support.
Old 2007.10.09, 09:05 PM   #15
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Hmmm, what else can they make this small? Monster truck? A Micro-Overland? How about a Micro ATV?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote