Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.09.21, 03:46 PM   #1
gun5h311

Questions...

I have a few questions. I had a MR-01 long long time ago. I gave it to my brother. Lately I got back into Mini Z again, and I bought 2 MR-02s. the F50 (RML) and Diablo (MM). My questions are:

1. Can the MM chassis fit the NSX body with some modding?

2. The MR-015 F (512 BB) fit the Standard MR-01 bodies? Becuase I wanted to get a MR-01 F and fit it on a CLK body.

3. Does the MR-01 F have braking like MR-02?

Thanks.
gun5h311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.21, 04:08 PM   #2
TNB
Pet Human

I put the NSX on an MM and had to dremel the wheel wells to make it fit. I may still have a couple of photos in Gallery TNB. And although I own the Shelby Cobra (MR-01F), I have yet to try any other MR01 bodies on it though the rear motor pod is different. What are brakes?
Old 2004.09.21, 04:16 PM   #3
gun5h311

Thanks TNB,

Another question. I was reading some of the older posts here and it says the MR-02 RM fits wider MR-01 bodies?

Will the CR5 or CLK fit the MR-02 RM ?

Thanks.
gun5h311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.21, 04:24 PM   #4
TNB
Pet Human

If someone doesn't answer first, I can try a swap in a few hours since I have a couple of C5R bodies. I have seen C5Rs on MR02s but I don't know what mods needed to be done if any at all.
Old 2004.09.21, 04:47 PM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i would think all you would need would be to figet with wheel selection
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.09, 08:26 AM   #6
Kerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
If someone doesn't answer first, I can try a swap in a few hours since I have a couple of C5R bodies. I have seen C5Rs on MR02s but I don't know what mods needed to be done if any at all.
Actually, you will be able to fit most of MR-01 ASCs onto the MR-02 chassis. The only area of concern will be the front rims. Even rims with zero offset, it will be too flush for comfort.

I had fitted the Lancia Stratos ASC onto the MR-02 RM config and it fits (Tight) but you will not be able to use the standard rims of the Stratos. Even fitting zero offset fronts, it will look great in a picture but in real running, you soon notice a weakness in the MR-02 chassis. Bloody front suspension arm. You will (I did) break them.

There are two solutions to this problem.
1. You will have shave the width of the front rims. They will be narrower. And also the inner of the streering knuckles. (Reducing the front track)
2. You will have to get the tower bars. Two choices, zero camber or the 1.5 degree camber. After fitting the tower bars, you will never have to deal with broken arms. Just make sure you use the screw of the correct length. Not the one that you removed. We have been using the tower bars for a good few months and they are great. really a life saver.

We have fitted the Evo 7, WRX, FD, Dino, 2F2F Evo, 2F2F Skyline.... with good results but setting these fellows not to flip is an issue. Achieveable but a pain in the neck.

Modenas, NSX, Skyline and such wide bodied ASCs just requires the change of offset for the rims (dedicated 02 NSX will not have this problem).

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers!!
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.09, 03:46 PM   #7
techno
Hopeless Z addict

im running a CR5 on my MR-02 with the nsx wheels no mods what so ever looks good too runs fine i have not had to do anything to mine not even change the stock h-platei can take a pic later if you would like