Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.05.09, 08:42 PM   #46
color01

The human eye pales in comparison to digital read-outs, lol... I can guarantee you I have the patience, so if I have the time I will be able to do it.

Titanium rims would be godly. But I don't think any RC products are going to offset the expense of a $0.6million machine. I live in the Silicon Valley, and I could still afford a house with that kind of money.

Edit: I seem to have finished my to do list already. For this motor mount, I moved the motor a little to the left in an attempt to better balance the MR02 rear pod (which is originally imbalanced towards the differential side). The ride height adjusters will be cut from Delrin to reduce wear, which has been the only complaint against them.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog

Last edited by color01; 2007.05.12 at 12:40 AM.
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.21, 08:31 PM   #47
McLaren F1 T3
MAN SHOOT

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 T3 Send a message via Yahoo to McLaren F1 T3
Looking forward to this!
Old 2007.05.23, 07:40 PM   #48
color01

After another week's worth of work, I present the MM iteration of the MRCG concept. Has the same rear end setup possibilities as the RM version, same overall adjustability, just in mid-motor format.

I'm undecided regarding which version will be sold through the shop (maybe both if the demand is high enough), but that's a decision for you guys (and David) to make. Please let me know!

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.05.23, 07:45 PM   #49
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
make what you want to see made. i would not determine which based on our desires but what you want to see most.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.23, 08:09 PM   #50
color01

I'm in this to contribute back to the community, so the community needs to be involved. That's my take on it; personally I want to make the RM chassis, stuff a huge LiPo in there, and drift it all day long, but that'll just be me out of at least fifty people who might enjoy an MM chassis more.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.05.24, 01:52 PM   #51
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I think there are clubs out there that perfer the RM just as there are that prefer MM. When I went down to FL there were guys saying that they thought the MM wasnt set up for race. If it was kyosho would have more race type bodies in the 99mm length. While I dont think thats reasonable justification about which chassis performs better, its proof that there are people who prefer RM to MM. I personally am one of those guys. Im the only one in my little group that uses RM, but Ive got the fastest car out there. Every one else has moved on to the AWDs (I actually started with one), but I still prefer to race the RM 02 to all other cars of mine.

You know my opinion in the RM vs. MM and 94mm vs. 98mm. Just know there are others out there like me

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.27, 01:42 AM   #52
color01

Just letting everyone know that the RM version of the MRCG chassis will most likely not make it to the shelves, at least not in the first release. The MM design is more economical, so far more popular, and my machinist friend is worried that we don't have that much time to be making two versions.

If interest in the RM suddenly shoots up I will try to convince my friend otherwise, but tentatively, MRCG will be released only as an MM chassis.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.06.28, 01:48 AM   #53
McLaren F1 T3
MAN SHOOT

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 T3 Send a message via Yahoo to McLaren F1 T3
any updates? it's been a month
Old 2007.06.28, 10:40 PM   #54
color01

Workin' on it. Scored a mill off of eBay and now preparing the rest of the computers, software, shelter, etc. needed to run and maintain it. Downloaded a crapload of CAM software demos to find the best one in my price range (looks like BobCAD/CAM is in the lead).

Basically the plan is: school friends and outside services are too slow, so I'll do it myself and send the prototypes to GSR teammates (for testing) and David aka Mini-Z for evaluation, ASAP.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.06.29, 05:38 PM   #55
homestar21
is sleepy.

Send a message via AIM to homestar21 Send a message via Yahoo to homestar21
Quote:
Originally Posted by color01
Just letting everyone know that the RM version of the MRCG chassis will most likely not make it to the shelves, at least not in the first release. The MM design is more economical, so far more popular, and my machinist friend is worried that we don't have that much time to be making two versions.

If interest in the RM suddenly shoots up I will try to convince my friend otherwise, but tentatively, MRCG will be released only as an MM chassis.
Now that you have a mill will you be doing all the work on your own? And if so, does that mean the RM version is a possibility?
Thanks!
homestar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.29, 10:50 PM   #56
color01

Yes, manufacturing is literally in-house now.

Unfortunately, the aluminum RM mounts take a lot longer to do than all four pieces of the MM mount, and the material costs more (a big chunk of aluminum). In addition, I don't have the time to be making kits AND spares for two products, and I don't think David will appreciate taking such a big risk all at once, so a production RM version is out of the question at the moment.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.07.16, 12:11 AM   #57
color01

Now along the line of potential option parts (for the MM chassis, just to make clear)... I have a few ideas and extra designs.

Rear pod upgrade kit for 12mm brushless motor
Front end titanium screw set
Midsection titanium screw set
Rear pod titanium screw set
Lightweight rear ball differential set
Ball diff replacement plates and balls set
Ball diff replacement shaft
Carbon fiber chassis conversion kit

However, I ran into a hitch. The G10 fiberglass will be dyed black for the production kits. Regular CF looks pretty much like G10 fiberglass from far away, so I might need to offer an SSG chassis instead of regular CF.

Any thoughts on CF vs. SSG? I make no guarantees on any option parts being available in the end (limited time and resources), but I would like to know which woven graphite is more popular before buying anything and going any further.

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.07.16, 05:10 PM   #58
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Hello there. Cool designs! I have a question concerning the side body mounts. They look like they have the tendency to pop the body off if hit. Need to find out how secure they actually are. I'd love to see a ready set be available minus the body and transmitter.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.16, 06:09 PM   #59
color01

Should be as secure as the standard Mini-Z body mounting system, as the fiberglass bits interlock and are supposed to be glued together.

This mill had better come soon...

Greyscale RC

Old 2007.07.28, 02:47 PM   #60
Used2xmodding
Stugotz

Send a message via AIM to Used2xmodding Send a message via MSN to Used2xmodding
how much are u expecting for it to sell for?

cool design
Used2xmodding is offline   Reply With Quote