Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.11.10, 09:17 AM   #1
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Thumbs up Mini-ZRacer.com November 2010 Forum Poll

So, the MZR November Forum Poll is not really a poll, but more of a survey. In order to serve our customers (all of you) better, we're hoping you can take a moment to answer a few questions about your experience with shop.tinyrc.com.

It shouldn't take up much of your forum time, and we would really appreciate the feedback. At the very least, please consider giving us a quick 1-5 rating on the first question - not much time or thought required! The actual survey questions are posted separately below so that you can easily copy/paste or "quote" your reply.

Thanks in advance for your time
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.10, 09:18 AM   #2
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

ON A SCALE OF 1-5 WITH 1 EQUALING YOUR WORST ONLINE CONSUMER EXPERIENCE EVER, AND 5 BEING YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP, PLEASE GIVE US A RATING:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT SHOP.TINYRC.COM?

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US TO DO BETTER?

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR SHOP INFORMATION FROM:

WHAT KIND OF PROMOTIONS DO YOU LIKE BEST?

WHICH METHOD DO YOU MOST OFTEN USE TO FIND PRODUCTS? BROWSING OR SEARCHING?

HOW CAN WE MAKE THE SHOP BETTER FOR YOU?
NO MATTER HOW WACKY YOUR IDEA IS, WE'D LIKE TO KNOW - AND WE KNOW YOU ALL HAVE IDEAS AND OPINIONS!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.07.28 at 08:02 AM.
Old 2010.11.10, 10:05 AM   #3
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mini-Z View Post
ON A SCALE OF 1-5 WITH 1 EQUALING YOUR WORST ONLINE CONSUMER EXPERIENCE EVER, AND 5 BEING YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP, PLEASE GIVE US A RATING:
3 because as much as I still like the site, I like it the least out of the other mini-z online stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT SHOP.TINYRC.COM?[/B]
Pretty quick navigation - (Once I've drilled into the Mini-z stuff. The initial catagories on the left side is way too long.)

Pictures for most items - Though rows of 4 items may be better than a single narrow column that I have to keep scrolling through.

There needs to be 3 levels of products and hopefully a filter when you list the items. 1 - In stock 2 - Out of Stock (but you'll get more), 3 - No longer available (but still listable for comparison. I'd hate to see the unavailble stuff disappear.)

I think you'd get more checkouts by removing the need to register an account. I think it would be better to do that when you are ready to purchase.

I'm happy I can see shipping by click 'checkout' but seeing it at the shopping cart screen would be better (or at least a message "click CHECKOUT for shipping, your order will not be processed yet")

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR SHOP INFORMATION FROM:[/B]
DIdn't know there was an E-mail newsletter. If the only presentation is at checkout to sign up, I almost always click NO.

I direct link to the forums (great asset to have for your business) and rarely hit the hompage.

I'm pretty sure I like your f******k page but unless I show ALL activity in f******k, I'm probably not seeing them.

MOST of the news I get is if I check my RSS feed into the forums and see a post in the tinyrc marketplace. The next place I see info is "Tiny RC Community News" on the right hand side under "products". Of course I only see this if the thread is long enough to scroll down that far.

Unless the "Products" listing on the right is the newest products (not just newest inventory but newest releases), it should be moved below the news window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHAT KIND OF PROMOTIONS DO YOU LIKE BEST?[/B]
If I'm shoppin for something I need, "X dollars off X size order" is best. It'll make me choose your site over another and/or encourage me to get one more spare motor or an autoscale I missing to hit a minimum. Larger discounts (not just dollar amount, but higher percentage) can almost get addicting.

Otherwise, the product specials are good but needs to be 30-40% off to get my interest. Example, the Mini-z boat special a while ago got me to buy one and I would have never bought one unless the discount was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[B
NO MATTER HOW WACKY YOUR IDEA IS, WE'D LIKE TO KNOW - AND WE KNOW YOU ALL HAVE IDEAS AND OPINIONS! [/B]

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
Just ideas.
-Count down deals kind of like woot.com (x hours left to pickup a great deal on limited qtys of x)
-Buy 2 get 1 free type deals on autoscales
-Pre-release ordering to get something just about as soon as possible (like a video game the day of release) but tied to an early order discount.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.07.28 at 08:01 AM.
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.11, 05:59 PM   #4
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Thanks ChiMiniRc for the great feedback on our shop survey. We look forward to what others have to say too!
Old 2010.11.11, 07:08 PM   #5
winner

Send a message via AIM to winner
Quote:

Quote:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT SHOP.TINYRC.COM?
great prices, very helpful customer service

Quote:

i really wish it was easier to find products theres so many setction for parts, brands, chassis, electronics, etc. it gets anoying when your looking for multiple parts and having to jump through 5 sections every 30 secs

Quote:
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR SHOP INFORMATION FROM:
Mini-z racer forums

Quote:

WHAT KIND OF PROMOTIONS DO YOU LIKE BEST?
free shipping, it helps lower the price on everything at any price

Quote:
NO MATTER HOW WACKY YOUR IDEA IS, WE'D LIKE TO KNOW - AND WE KNOW YOU ALL HAVE IDEAS AND OPINIONS!
if you could set up the page in a better way like i said before with the loads of sections it would be great. i'd model it alittle like EGR's site, its one of my favorite places to shop because of that and the fast shipping

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.07.28 at 07:59 AM.
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.16, 06:49 AM   #6
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Mini-ZRacer.com Nov. 2010 Forum Poll - Take the Survey and win $10!

It's already half way through November and we only have two responses to our shop.tinyrc.com survey, so it's time to resort to bribery!

By taking the survey you're eligible to win a $10 shop.tinyrc.com appreciation Gift Certificate as our way of thanking you for your time.

Thanks again and we're looking forward to hearing your great feedback!
Old 2010.11.16, 02:03 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
4, there is not such thing as perfection. no one shop every has everything i'm looking for at one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT SHOP.TINYRC.COM?[/B]
likely the largest collection of manufacturers in a single shop making it much more likely that i'll find more of the things i want in a single shop.

additional sorting categories for search results. manufacturer and platform would be the the standards i use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR SHOP INFORMATION FROM:[/B]
forum, email and word of mouth not on f******k, never will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
WHAT KIND OF PROMOTIONS DO YOU LIKE BEST?[/B]
any combination will do. the more money i keep in my pocket, the happier i am. i'm more than willing to support shop(s) but not at the expense taking money from necessities. most of us i'm sure operate on tight budgets these days. it's just eh economic reality of the situation. either find it affordably or not get it at all. i'm sure i'm not the only one stuck in this quandry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[B
NO MATTER HOW WACKY YOUR IDEA IS, WE'D LIKE TO KNOW - AND WE KNOW YOU ALL HAVE IDEAS AND OPINIONS! [/B]

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
i would prefer a more simplified graphical interface. i think it's a bit to sophisticated thus seen as cumbersome or not user friendly. what some other shops lack in features, they excel in making it easy to navigate. it's a catch 22 i'm afraid. hard to provide feature rich experience while at the same time dumbing down the interface.
i happen to know what is involved on making even slight changes to categories so i'm well aware that what may seem like a simple request is extermely laborious and time consuming to pull off.

one thing is for certain, it's come a very long way since ordering qfm upgrades for bit char g's which i show i found the shop.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.07.28 at 07:59 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.22, 07:48 AM   #8
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Forum Members - still hoping a few of you might take the time to rate shop.tinyrc.com. The holiday shopping season is looming and you can let us know what sort of deals you want to see!

If you don't have time to take the full survey let us know what you think on a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best.
There is a $10 shop.tinyrc.com gift certificate up for grabs for one of the people who participate in the survey!

Thanks in advance for your time!
Old 2010.12.07, 09:10 AM   #9
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Thanks to those who responded to the shop.tinyrc.com survey. Our $10 Gift Certificate winner chosen at random is....winner!

Thanks again to everyone who replied. We value your input and patronage.