Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.14, 05:19 PM   #1
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
MM Body Wheel Base (related to my own AWD)

I have not been following the MM bodies much... I am not sure on all their Wheel bases... are they all 98mm still? or are some 102mm and 106mm? I am under the impression that all MM bodies so far are 98mm... but maybe some of the MR01.5 vans and stuff use the longer ones?

I am just curious because of an alteration on my AWD, I am making the 106 and overland/monster lengths require an extension kit... but the 86 to 102mm will be the primary wheel bases, since most will likely use it with the racer bodies instead of OL bodies...
Old 2006.03.14, 06:43 PM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Almost all of the MM bodies are 98MM. The vans are longer though. I think the estima is 106. I don't know how long the odyssy van is.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 07:58 PM   #3
Mazda787b

What about 94mm? I think you would get a better following supporting the two most popular WB settings than only one that is actually usuable.
Old 2006.03.14, 08:02 PM   #4
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
mazda it will use any wheel base.. from 86mm to 120mm!!!
Just the racer version will be limited to 102mm
Any body over 102, will have to use the extension kit... for truck/overland/monster lengths.

It is also adjustable infinately between that range, in 1mm increments, or possibly even 0.5mm increments... for those that intend to use custom bodies... as I said it supports ALL of the racer bodies, and ALL of the overland bodies.. as well as ALL of the racer rims, and all of the OL rims, and monster rims, and AWD rims, and Xmod rims, as well as the custom rim type it comes with...

I have the design %99 complete... just finishing the servo bracket now... pondering what servo to use... I have designed it around the BlueBird 303.. .the smallest I can find... but I fear it may not be strong enough... its supose to be a good servo. Anyone think it can handle a small racer?
Guess I will have to order a few micro servos to measure up and make a few brackets to mount various servos...

It will have a servo saver on the chassis.. but it will be very crude LOL... sort of what NML posted once... no clue were the thread is .

Next step.. finding places to make the parts... some are rediculously small.. some parts are not much bigger than that little ring in the MR02 servo, spacing the 1 and 3 gears apart, that most ppl dont even onw is there cuz they lose it and never see it LOL.

Last edited by Draconious; 2006.03.14 at 08:05 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 08:44 PM   #5
Mazda787b

Sorry man, for some reason I thought I was reading 98mm.

Try the Hitec HS-55. With the tabs removed, it is no larger than the stock MR02 servo....

As for parts prototyping, contact Chazz over at 4wdrc.com He designed and builds his own 1/10 4wd racing buggy (and now 2wd) conversion kits. The X5 puts the losi XXX4 single-belt drivetrain in the suspension of a XX4. It is all esentially injenction-molded plastic, so he should be able to point you in the right direction.