Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion

Old 2002.08.15, 02:18 PM   #1
manchowder4u

Smile The Truth On How To Make Your Very Own Armature For Your Your Mini-z Motor!!!!

HELLO FELLOW MINI-ZERS OUT THERE!!

I WILL REVEAL ON HOW TO WIND UP YOUR OWN ARMATURE FOR YOUR VERY OWN CASUAL SPEEDS TO HIGHLY MODIFIED SPEEDS SO YOU TOO CAN SAVE MONEY ON MY PRODUCTS(WHICH I DONT CARE ABOUT) OR ON NML'S MOTOR PRODUCTS TO JUST DOING IT YOURSELF WITH YOUR OWN ACHIEVEMENT..

FIRST OF ALL,

FOR PRACTICE, GET AN ARMATURE THAT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT AND SIMPLY USE A SOLDER IRON TO UNSOLDER THE FIRST TO THIRD "BENT IN SOLDERED" TABS WHERE EACH WIRE CROSSES TO ANOTHER STACK..IM NOT SURE FOR IF THE TERMINOLOGY IS RIGHT IN ME SAYING A STACK, BUT THERE ARE THREE STACKS WHERE EACH WOUNDED WIRE STACK ARE HANDWOUNDED WITH THE SAME COUNT TO THE OTHER UNTIL IT ENDS FROM STACK 1 TO 3.. ONCE THE THREE TABS ON THE ARMATURE IS UNSOLDERED, JUST SIMPLY UNWIND EACH STACK AND COUNT AS YOU GO ALONG UNWINDING NOTICING FOR EXAMPLE, IF THE 1ST WIRE STACK UNWINDS WITH A NUMBER OF 45, THEN THE REST OF THE TWO STACKS SHOULD END IN THE SAME NUMBER OF 45 ESTIMATELY... AFTER UNWINDING THE WHOLE ONE LONG WIRE, I RECOMMEND TO TRY AND START OUT WITH HANDWINDING A 40 TURN ON EACH STACK..** MAKE SURE THAT THE HANDWINDS OF THE WIRES ARE TIGHTLY WRAPPED AROUND EACH STACK WELL AND IN THE SAME STYLE WRAP WITH THE OTHER 2 STACKS OR WRAPPED WIRES.. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU ARE DOING A 40 TURN MOTOR, THEN MAKE SURE ALL OF THE THREE HANDWIRED STACKS ARE IN FOR HANDWIND TURNS...

BASICALLY, USE AN ONBOARD TWIN TURBO OR A DECENT TURBO WHEN EXPERIMENTING SO YOU DONT FRY YOUR STOCK ELECTRONICS!! AGAIN, BASICALLY UNWIND AN ARMATURE AND REALIZE HOW IT'S DONE AND JUST DO VICE VERSA TO CREATE YOU OWN TURN TO YOUR DESIRED LEVEL.. START OUT WITH 43 OR 40 TURNS AND JUST WORK YOUR WAY DOWN UNTIL YOU GET THE DESIRED SPEED, SPEED WITH RUN-TIME , TORQUE AND SPEED FOR RACE TRACK CONDITIONS, AND ETC... **MAKE SURE TO MONITOR YOUR ONBOARD TURBO UNIT AS WELL BY FEELING ON IT TO SEE HOW WARM IT GETS..IF YOU KNOW IT GETS HOTTER THAN WARM THEN JUST DO VICE VERSA TO YOUR ARMATURE TO JUST BASICALLY HANDWIND A HIGHER TURN... FOR A GREAT LONG LASTING MOTOR, I RECOMMEND USING "MADE IN JAPAN" PARTS FOR YOUR MOTOR FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY OF LONGLASTING DURABILITY...YOU CAN USE "MADE IN CHINA" PARTS TO START OUT WITH, BUT IT WONT BE THE SAME QUALITY AS "MADE IN JAPAN" PARTS..I PERSONALLY USE MABUCHI MOTOR PARTS THAT ARE MADE IN JAPAN..**MABUCHI MOTORS CAN BE FOUND BY VARIOUS COMPANIES THESE DAYS AND THATS WHY MANUFACTURES LIKE NIKKO RC, TAMIYA RC, TYCO RC, KYOSHO RC AND MANCHOWDER INC. USES MABUCHI SINCE ITS PROVEN LONGLASTING JAPANESE MADE QUALITY WHICH CUSTOMERS DESERVE TO HAVE!! **NOTE- THERE ARE SOME MABUCHI MOTORS RARELY MADE IN CHINA, BUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE USE "MADE IN JAPAN" MABUCHI MOTORS...GO TO YOUR LOCAL VALID ELECTRONIC SHOP OR USE YOUR KYOSHO MOTORS TO GET YOUR SUPPLY FOR MAKING YOURSELF A BIG BAD AND NASTY MOTOR!!!

NOW YOU MAKE THE JUDGE IF I KNOW HOW TO MAKE ARMATURES OR NOT?? IM TRULY KEEPING IT REAL WITH YOU GUYS SINCE THIS IS AN INFORMATIVE MINI-Z FORUM WHERE WE SHOULD SHARE IDEAS...HONESTLY, UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO, I NEVER KNEW THAT THIS TYPE OF FORUM EXISTED AND I AM WILLING TO SHARE THE REST OF MY MINI-Z INFO OR SKILLS WITH YOU GUYS ANYTIME SO YOU CAN BE A PRO MOTOR MAKER TOO!!

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH!! I WILL START REMAINING CIVIL WITH YOU GUYS, JUST AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN CIVIL WITH ME..IF YOU TRASH TALK ME, I WILL TRASH TALK YOU TOO ONLY JUST TO DEFEND MYSELF...

**ONCE YOUR ACQUIRE THIS KNOWLEDGE, PLEASE DO NOT HAVE A SPEED EGO OR BLOWNED UP HEAD AND HARRASS OTHERS WITH SLANDER OR DEFAMATION IN THINKING YOU ARE THE BEST...BE HUMBLE LIKE ME AND JUST ENJOY YOUR ACHIEVEMENT OF PURE MINI-Z SPEED AND FUN!!

THANKS WITH BEST REGARDS,
MANCHOWDER4U

Last edited by manchowder4u; 2002.08.15 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2002.08.15, 07:54 PM   #2
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Good Info!

Have you tried different wire guages?
Old 2002.08.15, 08:00 PM   #3
manchowder4u

IVE TRIED 18 AND 20 GUAGE WIRES

IVE TRIED 18 AND 20 GUAGE WIRES AND THEY WORK GREAT AS WELL..
Old 2002.08.15, 08:14 PM   #4
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

How many turns on each guage?
Old 2002.08.16, 10:47 PM   #5
mini-z
Administrator

manchowder4u, glad to see some productive posts! How about turning that CAPS off now, unless you are really yelling at us?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.21, 06:12 PM   #6
MATT TINDELL
???

Quote:
Originally posted by mini-z
manchowder4u, glad to see some productive posts! How about turning that CAPS off now, unless you are really yelling at us?
I agree that's pretty annoying, but I can't wait till the race.
May the best man win.

My Z a 360 with a X-Speed, Ball Bearing, and custom rear shock.
MATT TINDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.21, 09:24 PM   #7
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

MC4,
What size motor are you suggesting they practice on?
18 & 20 gauge wire is too big for 130 arms unless you're looking for a 7-8 turn.
Even 22 gauge is too big.
26 or 28 gauge might be the limit.
I think 30 ga. is stock.

Last edited by Ken Mifune; 2002.08.22 at 10:13 AM.
Ken Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.22, 03:14 PM   #8
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
I think 31 gauge is stock, or at least its flipping close.. I have some 31g if any one wants some (not free) I probly wont use it... I also have some 18gauge if you want it MC How many winds you getting on 18g Hey MC ever try 4 gauge?

Last edited by Draconious; 2002.08.22 at 03:17 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote