Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.02, 06:07 AM   #1
babstar
Babstar

Endurace Racing - Setup and Practical tips

Hi Guys,

I have a first coming on: Endurance Race (2 hours) with driver change on carpet! (stock class, runing MR02 RM SuperGT GT-R)

I was wondring if you have good setup or practical tips reagarding:

1. Battries: which ones to use, changing them etc.
2. Tires: what works best on carpet? how to best change them if needed.
3. What extra stuff do I need to take along.

Seing its the first time, we are going for the finish line and not for top honors

Thx.
▪ MR03 TRP Renault Megane Stock
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
babstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 06:36 AM   #2
WeBoC

LOL Babstar
Bang om het bij ons te vragen
Sorry just a word in native tongue

Well I'll tell you the preparation we have done for last years race:
Batteries: Sanyo 1000. Normal we can do about 30 till 40 minutes with them but be aware of carpet threads that wrap around between motor and pinion. And they also wrap between knucles and wheels. So check that every pitstop for that. We didn't charge them specialy.
2 Hours means you can get by with 3 sets so you don't have to re-charge (if you have 3 at least).

Tires: Rear Atomic 10 Compitition. Front I can't remember. But HaCo prepared the car (he did that the whole season). And he made sure it was a bit understeer so that it was not to hard to drive at constant pace. Make sure you get set-up that both drivers feel good with. Maybe it's not the fasted set-up but it will pay-off in the end.

On race day you haven't got much time to set-up the car from scratch so it's helpfull that you have a starting point. Depending on what configuration(94-98, rm-mm, shok-DPS) you drive i'm sure the other teams will help you with this. I know I would

A spare car can be usefull (take apart to use as spare parts).
WeBoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 08:26 AM   #3
babstar
Babstar

Hehehe, caught in the act kidding

I was going to post it on the GGT forum aswell but didn't get to it yet. I'm at work and some people just won't stop bothering me about work related stuff today hihi but wanted to get as much info as posible so I'm going international

Good tips btw, thx. Any idea how the sanyo's compare to the GP 1100's or the Vapextech 1100's?
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
Old 2008.04.02, 12:40 PM   #4
byebye

Less time in the pits means more time on the track.

Spares for a "successful" race would be tires. In a two hour race you shouldn't even need to change tires. Tune using only new tires. Before the race mount a set of brand new tires that tested to be the best overall.

Practice battery changes to find the fastest efficient method.

Tighten all the screws on the chassis and be sure it's completely clean before the race starts.

For a two hour race you should have all the batteries you need fully charged including transmitter batteries.

If you are running top 3 or are on the lead lap and battling for 1st don't pit until after your competitor. Run'em down!!!

How many will be driving? One thing that killed me was my sight. The track layout was large and I didn't blink enough. Blink every lap and your eyes should last LOL!!!

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 01:04 PM   #5
WeBoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by babstar View Post
Good tips btw, thx. Any idea how the sanyo's compare to the GP 1100's or the Vapextech 1100's?
I don't have th GP's but do have the VapexTech 1100. I just don't get those to work for me.
It's always trouble with them.
Sometimes they just seem to be empty (while they are just charged)
And the othertimes they loos power within 5 minutes.

My Sanyo 1000 feel more punchy and last for ever compared to the vapextech.

I just bougth the Powerex MH-C9000 and i'm going to try to use the break-in feature on the Vapextech to see if I can get them to work better. But it takes for ever and I need to break-in a new set batteries for sunday so it has to wait till after the first round of the BMES.

I must be doing somthing wrong with the Vapextech because there are people who use them in endurance racing. Maybe I will contact them in a while to find out
WeBoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 04:29 PM   #6
babstar
Babstar

I wish I could blink our car in the lead every time we passed for a new lap hehe

Great tips thx, I guess for us it will be a learning race, I will prep the chassis so that its clean and smooth, also make sure that most essential parts are covered by spares, a extra set of batteries for the TX is also a good one.

Will try the Vapextech at my home track to see if they last the distance. I have planned a test/practice day with long track for this weekend.
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
Old 2008.12.29, 02:40 PM   #7
atallfunguy
Type less Drive More

another small thing is make sure you have good transmitter batteries that can go the distance..
atallfunguy is offline   Reply With Quote