Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.09.14, 12:45 AM   #16
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapir View Post
Strange! For modified?
Can you confirm the batch#?

Chad508: No glazing. The front tires just seems "dry" and hard. The rear tires are a bit strange, and dont come in as the 1212 and older batches.
PN 6 degree radials (RRR06).

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.14, 03:49 AM   #17
Tapir

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz View Post
PN 6 degree radials (RRR06).
That I know, but what lot number?
They differ to the extreme, so that is why I'm asking.

RRR06, batch 1212 were supergood. These are still in stock many places but not at Kenon and our place.
Old 2013.09.14, 11:25 AM   #18
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapir View Post
That I know, but what lot number?
They differ to the extreme, so that is why I'm asking.

RRR06, batch 1212 were supergood. These are still in stock many places but not at Kenon and our place.
Ok, i see that # on some of my older packs (very good).
The new ones, the only other # i see is 9613080522. There is no # like the old packs.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.15, 07:49 AM   #19
quazster

Unfortunately we have had very much problems with PN tire batches too.

The latest batch RRR06 is practically useless at the smooth side. And also some of the tires are not fully vulcanized. Look at these photos of attempt to true the tire to get some more grip.

Normally PN6 rubber is totally trueable and I always true my rear tires. This is NOT normal.

RRR06 1212 was good batch, but there was quite a bit difference inside the batch from tire to tire - some where filled with air bubbles, and with these tires the grip was just insane, down to rim (as these are practically rubber foam tires). Some 1212 weren't as good as others, but at least the grip was there. Luckily I stocked these.

412059 batch (this is before 1212 batch) RRR06 are usable in stock only at the smooth side. Not usable in mod.

Bad problems with the previous RXF15 batch, some had weird hard spots inside the rubber appearing only after you have trued the tires. RRR08 tires, huge foaming sometimes. RRF08, some tires just glaze to the track, some really grip.

New batch 15 tires (RXF15 and S15), no grip at the smooth side. The difference as mentioned earlier here is immense.

It is just sad that I myself have tens and tens of bags of PN tires bought and these are just laying in my boxes because they are totally not usable. The money we spend for these small pieces of rubber just to find the perfect four is really too much. The manufacturing and packing costs for these tires must be around 0.10$ and I think it is pure ripoff to sell this kind of quality at these prices.

If you could depend on the tire to perform always and 15 deg tire to be 15 deg and 6 deg to be 6 deg, I would be willing to pay even double the money. It is sad to see new hobbyists struggling with their setups, because they yet don't have the necessary experience to doubt that the #6 tire that was working they just changed to new #6 tire isn't working to begin with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20131014_004.jpg (72.7 KB, 19 views)
quazster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.15, 03:59 PM   #20
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Had the same problem quaster. I don't buy PN tires anymore and haven't for a while. They are very inconsistent and when I trued a set of 15 fronts they did just like what happened to you. I stick with kyosho tires. They're always consistent and grip to my liking.
Old 2013.10.15, 04:28 PM   #21
LED

I only use atomic silicone tires. No need to buy a truer, no problem with bad rubber, no problem with the so called (yet to be proven) loss of grip due to silicone tires.
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.15, 04:55 PM   #22
tlsotf

Totally agree with LED.
tlsotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.16, 12:15 AM   #23
quazster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED View Post
I only use atomic silicone tires. No need to buy a truer, no problem with bad rubber, no problem with the so called (yet to be proven) loss of grip due to silicone tires.
Bit offtopic, but here we go:

Well we have experienced first hand how silicone tires effect RCP surface and how it becomes undrivable with rubber tires.

You can do a simple test to feel the effects of silicone on RCP:

1. Take a RCP piece that you know hasn't been driven on with silicone tires
2. Put it on a table, turn the smooth side up
3. Take a silicone tire, scrub it back and forth on the surface around 20 times in line
4. Take note what place you scrubbed
5. Now slide your finger across the surface over the line you created by rubbing with silicone tires, you feel the slippy silicone instantly
6. Slide rubber tire on the surface, and you have the same effect, slippery on the spot where silicone was rubbed

Back on topic:

Silicone is really slow on RCP compared to best rubber tires. And I mean no contest slow.

But if everyone is driving with silicones it shouldn't matter, then you have even playing field. But the RCP track is ruined for rubber tires after that use.

I was thinking this tire issue and it is almost like throwing money to trash when you buy this kind of "quality". Think about it, we spend $4 per few grams of bagged rubber and then they can be totally useless straight out of the bag, when the next same bag is just fine. And I don't think that PN admits this and thus will never give any refunds.
quazster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.10, 04:24 AM   #24
Tapir

Reports from Paris are that everybody changes rear tires after only one run, so I guess this is a problem now everybody has.

Come on. Make some good tires again
Old 2013.11.25, 02:56 AM   #25
unearthed name

funny, i just use PN R1106 parada tyre and they're great!!!! even greater than kyosho's 20 in our RCP track.

so far, we have no complain regarding PN tires.
unearthed name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.02, 03:12 PM   #26
tudor_47

tireas are still a BIG issue, PN!

Bringing this thread back to life...

We are experiencng major tire problems at our club track... We are only using PN-tires and now with the new batches and rcp smooth side it is very difficult to get any speed in the cars, we are ,5 to 1 second slower, if not more. The tires are not consistent and we are now in a place were no combinations work, and a set of tires sets us back 40 swedish kronor (approx $6,2) so it is very frustrating to not be able to trust the tires, we also have long delivery times on tires..

please advice, should we all get Kyosho tires and if so wich ones?
Where do we get the kyosho tires from?

We run om RCP smooth side usually GT-modified cars and a few VE cars... At the moment the guys with the oldest tires gets best traction.

Get a P28

Our new track at MiniZata Were we race My P28
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.02, 05:26 PM   #27
Tapir

Finally more people experience this.

The new batch tires are on our 8 second layout at least half a second slower pr lap. No setup can counter this difference!

The new rear tires have a lot less grip than the old. 1212 etc.
The new 15 front tires have even lesser grip than before. 1301 is king. They almost feel dry after truing. Different truing speeds dont matter. They are slow!

The Kyosho tires are still even slower so for us this is not a solution.
People with old tires are just smoking everybody. Not good at all.

A couple of the fastguys are out of old rubber and really struggles with the griplevels. One of them borrowed some older batch tires from a guy here, and he said he had gotten into a bad rythm with his driving and really struggles to drive as fast as he can after a few months on the new tires.
Old 2014.03.02, 07:04 PM   #28
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
sucks for our comrades over seas as the bad batches are still making their way thru the supply chain.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.14, 06:51 AM   #29
Tapir

The urethane tires many stared using because of the bad batches are now forbidden in our club.
Many members got allergies from superglue. Some even quit becaudse of it.
The dust from urethane tires are causing athma and the dust is everywhere. Both supergluedust and urethane powder from trunig and using these tires.

Cleaning our clubhouse now. Glad the urethane is gone.

We had much improved lap times etc, but this is not worth it! Back to racing on equal terms.

Rubber tires are much improved so we are happy to use them now.

We hope other clubs take notice and follow this. New PNWC rules also say urethane tirs are fobidden. Good!