Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.03.28, 01:58 PM   #16
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Thumbs up

Hello Mr. PN.
Any plans to release this marbles front PN SAS FOR THE MA-010AWD????
Definitely it would be a great hit and superb improvement for our AWDs
Perhaps someday PN Products with its great engineering & production capacity plus excellent quality, will come out with an incredible AWD main chassis replacement, with well side- to- side weight distribution, also some nice ceramic plates for our differentials.
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.28, 11:45 PM   #17
pfcparts

Bought two of these.

Started installing the orange one with the online
instructions and finally noticed I was sent only
three set screws... Curiously enough, they are
about 2mm longer than the set screws on the
silver one...

Be pretty funny if this kind of stuff didn't happen to me
regularly lol.

Impressions:

+Really intricate lightweight design.

-Top arm installation is a pain.

-Lightweight, but I don''t know if it'll hold with a crash though
or get really warped.

-I suspect eventually I'd pull out the wheel shaft on the
knuckle as the end isn't flanged as with all PN's knuckles.

-no micro allen wrench included.

+Otherwise, great, well thought out design. Tight precise fits.

Will need to sand off abit of the top ball again as it is still a
little tight... Looking forward to getting it working lol.

parts
Old 2009.03.29, 01:58 AM   #18
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
This looks very interesting, but 3/4 of a new chassis price is a horrible turn-off. I'd love to hear Reflex opinion on how much second this thing will help shave to see whether its really worth it or not in the end. Any plans for MR15 width kit/conversion kit?
Old 2009.03.29, 10:47 AM   #19
Gofast

Congrats to PN Racing for such a revolutionary product. Looks like definitely a new part to try.

Given that it's $80 I would suggest that it should only be allowed in Mod or Open class racing. It definitely defeat the spirit of Stock class racing. Agreed?

Congrats again.
Gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.29, 12:45 PM   #20
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Sadly, since I consider Hfay a stock class race, it says noithing about disallowing hop ups. No major weight redox, no FET mods, but everything else goes.
Old 2009.03.29, 02:04 PM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ther e are hop ups and then there are hop ups. replacement tower bars are similar however they are direct replacements for stock peices that can break. i don't see how this would in any sense be considered a replacement part.

if there is ever a concern or question about the rules, please post it to the hfay forum.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.29, 07:17 PM   #22
Gofast

I would think that any part that costs more than thirty percent of an ASF chassis set shouldn't be allowed for stock class racing regardless of perceived performance benefit.
Gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.29, 07:35 PM   #23
Skv012a

Depends who defines stock class man. But either way, my next question is: what about improving the rear end instead of the front? Would any company be willing to add independent springs to the rear end of MR?
Old 2009.03.29, 08:34 PM   #24
NomaOnAir

I need to get myself a 02 and start modding it , and put the model t 01 to rest.
Old 2009.03.29, 11:28 PM   #25
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Exclamation

This is really bad you can’t edit at this tread
At my post #16 I intended to say, Double A arm Front Suspension, not SAS.
Looking on with great enthusiasm for a PN front suspension system as this one for the MA-010AWD.
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.29, 11:45 PM   #26
jonnywachter

Id like to see PN produce a wide track front end for this kit, for the pan cars and stuff. It would only have to be arms and a toe bar. Know what, saying that just made me think, and it wouldn't be hard to duplicate them just longer the hard part has already been done!
Old 2009.03.30, 12:13 AM   #27
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywachter View Post
Id like to see PN produce a wide track front end for this kit, for the pan cars and stuff. It would only have to be arms and a toe bar. Know what, saying that just made me think, and it wouldn't be hard to duplicate them just longer the hard part has already been done!
I dont believe that a wide track is necessary.......however i would like to know what,if any,benefits there would be from a wide track....
imo 0 and +1 with the reflex wtf wheels have very little on power steering on a mod pancar and alot of off power steering....it does ,however transition very well on slow switchbacks , but thru high speed sweepers it will push to the outside wall unless you let out of the throttle....the wtf does do its intended job very well....it reduces tire scrub...but to turn @ high speed you need to slow down to turn....
for mod pancars i prefer the tire scrub.....even with this so called tire scrub "issue"....i have no problems running in to most drivers on track....lol

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.30, 12:36 AM   #28
jonnywachter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
I dont believe that a wide track is necessary.......however i would like to know what,if any,benefits there would be from a wide track....
imo 0 and +1 with the reflex wtf wheels have very little on power steering on a mod pancar and alot of off power steering....it does ,however transition very well on slow switchbacks , but thru high speed sweepers it will push to the outside wall unless you let out of the throttle....the wtf does do its intended job very well....it reduces tire scrub...but to turn @ high speed you need to slow down to turn....
for mod pancars i prefer the tire scrub.....even with this so called tire scrub "issue"....i have no problems running in to most drivers on track....lol
LOL! Grant, i know what your saying. I know you have explained it to me before. I feel the wide front end makes the whole car smoother throughout the track and more consistent to drive in any condition. The only setup i changed on my car from Chad's track and your track was lowering the front 0.4mm and take out some uptravel. You drove my car and you know it had a lot of steering wich reduced the amount of brake you had to use through out the track (if any at all).
Old 2009.03.30, 07:28 AM   #29
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by eztuner12 View Post
This is really bad you can’t edit at this tread
At my post #16 I intended to say, Double A arm Front Suspension, not SAS.
Looking on with great enthusiasm for a PN front suspension system as this one for the MA-010AWD.
Cheers
this was brought to my attention in another area, i've double checked the settings and editing is set to indefinate meaning there should be no time limit restricting anyone from editing your post. i'll ask david to look deeper as there may be some check box ticked somewhere that i don't know of.
please bring issues to out attention when needed, via email and or pm. i for example can edit anything, anytime so i won't see the same limitations you would thus not know if there was still a problem.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.30, 07:44 AM   #30
danieluki

Incredible product....!
I pray PNRacing release an AWD version...
danieluki is offline   Reply With Quote