Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2011.06.11, 09:26 PM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.63 of Flip Side Racing software available for testing

I have a new build of the software that I would like some people to test out. This build has a lot of bug fixes and internal changes but no new features. Before publishing it to everyone on the main site I would like some people to test it out and report back to me if everything works as expected or not. From my own testing so far it has been fine but with the amount of changes that occurred internally I want to have more people verify it before make this version available to everyone. If you want to check it out you can download it from here:

Windows Installer
Windows Zip File
Mac Zip File

This version should report itself as version 0.63. If you do encounter any problems you can download and use the prior release, 0.59 from the main website and let me know what you encountered.

Below is a list of changes, though it is not 100% complete.

Changes
  • Fixed bug that made it so if you wanted to use a Relay Board you had a select a Relay Board first before setting Lap Counter settings.
  • Added space between the racer name and last lap text for the Text To Speech engine so there is an appropriate pause when spoken.
  • Resized rank text on race screen so ranks greater than 9 do not get cut off slightly with certain fonts.
  • Rearranged controls on the race screen slightly.
  • Email button is now disabled during a race.
  • Lag rank check now looks at all racers instead of just the top 10. This fixes an error with free play mode that could occur if the top 10 racers timed out at about the same time before other racers move up in rank.
  • Removed all internal references to lap 0. Removed any logic in the program that was hiding the lap 0 information. No more appearance of lap 0 on the graph screens for example.
  • Fixed bug that could occur if you deleted a racer named none that would make it so you could no longer add new racers.
  • Rows on the race screen are programaticly generated instead of being defined before the program is ran.
  • Changed lap counter data processing to force looking at single byte characters. This fixes bugs that can occur with languages, such as Japanese, that use 2 or more bytes to define characters.
  • Fixed a bug that could occur with Robitronic lap counting hardware that would cause a stack overflow error.
  • Fixed a lag calculation error that could occur while watching graphs live.
  • Fixed error that could occur in some cases if on the edit racers screen you clicked the button to select an image and then clicked cancel.
  • Fixed error that could occur in some cases if you clicked the Export HFAY button and then clicked cancel.
  • Fixed an error that could occur in some cases if you clicked the select image button in the theme editor and then clicked cancel.

I appreciate anyone willing to take some time to test out this build for me. Thanks for your support.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 08:40 AM   #2
BrianMidnight

Used this weekend.... only differences from previous releases are... cann't type using lower case letters!........for some reason "emailing results" works better... never altered anything from previous releases but they now arrive in my inbox which hasn't happen since the first "email" release.
Once again a big thanks.
ps...I use a wireless keyboard & mouse, Win 7 32bit.
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 08:42 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Used this weekend.... only differences from previous releases are... cann't type using lower case letters!........for some reason "emailing results" works better... never altered anything from previous releases but they now arrive in my inbox which hasn't happen since the first "email" release.
Once again a big thanks.
ps...I use a wireless keyboard & mouse, Win 7 32bit.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Very strange that you can not use lower case letters. I control the list of allowed characters from one spot so it is easily corrected. This is probably an unintended side effect to the internationalization work I was doing.

I have a few changes in the source code since 0.63, first is to correct the upper case only bug that is impacting you.

The second change is the addition of a beep when racers are added to a race.

The third change is that lap change announcements will occur after the 1st lap.

If someone wants the old behaviors I can make it configurable but if everyone agrees with this behavior the less controls to confuse people the better.

Thanks for your feedback. If there are no other bugs reported soon I will publish version 0.64 with these additional changes.
Old 2011.06.23, 10:06 PM   #4
pinwc4

OK, I have posted version 0.64 with the minor tweaks I mentioned. It is available from the main website http://www.flipsideracing.org