Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.02.06, 09:11 PM   #1
herman

mr02 am switching to... (asf vs ex)

greetings... just reposting a message i got from juggler... and my response... i too wan't to know if there are any performance differences between the original asf boards vs the (mr02)ex boards...

how many asf board variants are there? i think the boards model nos are RA21 , RA22, RA23? but not sure... can anybody else give their expertise?
pictures of the boards would also be great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggler
Greetings!I hope you're doing very good!
If you have some time i would higlhy appreciate your knowledge and help!I'll try to be brief...so...
The facts :
1)I love my mr02 mm (AM band)Mclaren(the wider newer one) and there is no way of getting an mr-03
2)I've got the PN front A-arm and i cannot drive without it
3)I'm about to grab the EX-5UR and NOT the KT-18!

My thoughts are...i'll definately keep my 02,so if you know is there a board difference between the regular ASF and the MR02EX???
(I know about the reverse issue of the RA-18 but i really don't mind).I've heard something about low voltage shutdown on EX boards...what is the truth?Is the steering response the same???I'm sorry for all these questions

What do you really suggest me to do ,apart from getting an mr-03???
When and if you have time to reply i would be very indebted to you!
Thank you very very much in advance

best regards,
Vag
hi vag... greetings to you as well.... i am doing fine thank you, and hope you are the same...

i will try to answer your question...
"is there a board difference between the regular ASF and the MR02EX???"
hmmm... i don't actually have a mr02ex, but i've driven one for a very short time (to test)... and i do have a number of asf mr015/02/03's....

from what i've read, and if i remember it correctly, i think the mr02ex has a better reverse response compared to the regular asf... but that's it... if i'm not mistaken... fets are the same as well... so there is no improved performance (speedwise) between the two...

the mr03 boards are much better of course, but if you are going to use this in your mr02, you will need to change the servo motor (mr03 servo motor and mr02 servo motors are different, the mr03 servo motor has a faster response!!!)

as you mentioned, some have issues with the reverse function of the regular asf... you can program the reverse setting either with your kt18 or your other radio... i do know that there is a gadget with a programmable card, that you can plug in and use to program some other settings apart from reverse...

but personally, after adjusting the reverse setting on my kt-18, i didn't find it to be a really big issue... you will just have to read the manual, and find the right setting for you...

keeping the mr02 is a good decision, as i, and a lot of others, believe that this chassis is much stronger and durable than the mr03...

i also got a ex5ur and it's a great radio... i've also got some other questions/suggestions...

where do you plan on getting the board? reason i ask is, if price is a concern, you might want to consider getting a second hand mr02 asf chassis... which may cost as much as a brand new board... that way you will have spares when you transplant the board into your current chassis...

do you plan to get the ex5ur brand new? again if price is an issue, you might want to consider a second hand ex-10 or ex1 ur, which might cost as much as a brand new one...

but do remember that buying from a second hand market may have some issues... so do test out the items if they do indeed work....

lastly... i believe that kyosho came out with the mr02ex ready kit to cater to people who want to try mini-z for the first time... so they had to find a way to make things more affordable and package it all together...

so i hope i've answered your question...

i will repost on the forum to get other views opinions and to see if i'm correct on the reverse response of the mr02ex...

oh yeah how'z the z scene in greece?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.06, 09:26 PM   #2
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
i too wan't to know if there are any performance differences between the original asf boards vs the (mr02)ex boards...
Assume not, but also curious!

Quote:
how many asf board variants are there? i think the boards model nos are RA21 , RA22, RA23? but not sure... can anybody else give their expertise?
I inventoried several part numbers HERE FWIW
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.07, 12:20 AM   #3
herman

wow traveler... thanks... so i guess i stand corrected...

from your post...

mr02 = RA-18 board
AWD = RA-19 board
F1 2.4 = RA-18F board
all three boards have the reverse delay.

mr03 = RA-22 board comes with the coreless servo motor and no reverese delay

so I assume the new RA-22B 03 Chase Mode board is also reverse friendly.

new AWD = RA-23T board
F1 Chase Mode = RA-24T boards

what board does the mr02ex have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler
I believe that the 02, AWD and F1 2.4 boards (RA-18, RA-19 and RA-18F) are essentially the same except for the length of servo/pot wires and possibly the wire orientation, and that all three boards have the reverse delay. The original 03 board (RA-22) comes with the coreless servo motor and no reverese delay, so I assume the new RA-22B 03 Chase Mode board is also reverse friendly.

Question is, do the new AWD and F1 Chase Mode boards (RA-23T and RA-24T) come with the reverese delay like the RA-18, RA-19 and RA-18F boards or are they like the RA-22 boards?

Can anyone set the record straight? Thanks!
wonder if you got your answers to your post above...
Old 2013.02.07, 03:41 AM   #4
Juggler
Juggler

Send a message via ICQ to Juggler Send a message via MSN to Juggler
Herman you are veeeeeery helpful!I'm speechless from your response!I also have to add that I've already sent the same pm to 5 or 4 other users/friends that I believe they are familiar with this board "stuff"!
I would appreciate all the answers and thanks to you Herman i think that a very helpful thread was created!

Insert coin

credits 0
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.07, 05:44 AM   #5
herman

no problem... lets wait some more for other replies... travelers post was also quite informative...
Old 2013.02.07, 06:38 AM   #6
Juggler
Juggler

i'm wondering if it's possible to programm the BAKTIM on a regular ASF board,just like the EX.I think it's not possible but i'd like to hear it by someone whos has already tried it!

Insert coin

credits 0
Old 2013.02.07, 09:31 PM   #7
herman

hmm... sorry but what is baktim?

i found the gadget i mentioned earlier... click here

it's called the KO PROPO ICS Multi Setting Adapter and Setting Card Set for Mini-Z MR-02 / dNaNo 2.4GHz ASF

anybody have instructions to this thing? and what it does exactly?

thanks in advance...
Old 2013.02.07, 09:39 PM   #8
herman

feel kinda weird answering my own posts...

ko propo ics multi setting adapter instructions... click here
Old 2013.02.08, 12:05 PM   #9
Juggler
Juggler

Quote:
hmm... sorry but what is baktim?
The reverse delay time!

I'm gonna build an rs232 cable from curiocity...
By the way i switched yesterday to asf(RA-18)...

Insert coin

credits 0
Old 2013.02.08, 09:28 PM   #10
herman

i believe somebody also made a diy cable and supplied the schematics as well... try doing a search… i also think he was selling a couple too…
Old 2013.02.08, 09:36 PM   #11
herman

found it DIY cable thread click here
Old 2013.02.09, 06:25 AM   #12
Juggler
Juggler

Quote:
found it DIY cable thread click here
Thank you very much Herman!I've already founded and in a couple of day i will be building this!

Insert coin

credits 0
Old 2013.02.11, 08:39 AM   #13
herman

great, let us know how it goes...
Old 2013.02.12, 12:51 PM   #14
Juggler
Juggler

Quote:
great, let us know how it goes...
Herman i got back from the track,and after setting nutral to wide and v.inertia off,i have to say i have no hard times finding the reverse!So...no complaints after all!

Insert coin

credits 0
Old 2013.02.12, 06:28 PM   #15
herman

that's great to hear… now if i can just get myself to make one...