Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.02.26, 12:18 PM   #1
Digisane
Mini-z Crash Test Dummy

Any news?

March is coming! Any news on the F1 (1:1) front?

Btw, I could no longer log into daily-f1.com. Apparently I've been banned from the forums (strange considering I'm not a member and I never post anything, let alone visit it regularly). I suspect some idiot sharing the broadband servers I'm using ticked off the moderators and they banned him, which in turn banned me and who knows countless others.
Old 2003.02.26, 02:39 PM   #2
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

News

Digisane, try: www.formula1.com or http://www.itv-f1.com/

McLaren and Williams are taking the FIA to court over the rule changes, they are complaining the the FIA is "dumbing down" the sport as a whole by limiting the telematics to and from the engine management system. The two manufacturers claim the rule changes make the sport "unsafe"
Ferrari, oddly enough seem quite content with the rule changes, although Michael Shumacher has also made comments that the rule changes make the sport more dangerous when it comes to rookie drivers.

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.02.26, 10:34 PM   #3
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

just some more testing by all the teams at certain tracks. so far they've covered Jerez, Barcelona, Imola, Fiorano, and Valencia.

finalization of the rule changes too. should be an interesting season coming up. best of all it starts in just a few more weeks!

F1-live.com and Crash.net are where i usually go to keep up with race news but DailyF1 is good too. If you want serious technical mumbo, you can go to TechnicalF1. might be overkill for the casual F1 fan though.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.02.27, 04:11 AM   #4
le-manz
Mini-Zter

Location: Copenhagen-Denmark-Europe-The world-Space-Giants toenail
www.autosport.com and www.grandprix.com are some of my favorites, the later has some great feature stories

...and then you have www.f1db.com, www.planetf1.com etc etc

Steve McQueen
le-manz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.02.27, 07:46 AM   #5
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

News........

Toyota

Toyota built themselves a Ferrari.
The British F1 Magazine had pictures of the Ferrari F2002 and Toyota's 2003 contender. Wow, they are so similar. The columnist said that this could be "natural design progression" where Ferrari have found the absoloute sweet spot and others have to follow that design route.
Similar "progressions" have been seem in the ALM series, where Caddilac's ALM car was almost identical to the succesful BMW.
Unfortunately, Toyota decided not to renew Mikka Salo and Alan McNish's contracts and chose two F1 rookie drivers.

The British press think McLaren driver Kimi Raikkonen will be Michael Schmacher's "nightmare" this year, they rate him as another Mikka Hakkinen.
However, the Formula-1 Racing magazine stated that Mister Ron Dennis (McLaren Team Principle) is so impressed with young Kimi, that David Coulthard may allready be playing second fiddle to him regarding the amount of 'prioroty' Kimi is enjoying from the team.
This unwritten practise was quite visible when Coulthard teamed Hakkinen, as in Coulthard makes a mistake and Ron Dennis freaks out. Hakkinen makes a blunder and Ron pats him on the back and comments that it is only motorsport after all.

Sauber are still having their new multi-million dollar wind tunnel, which they claim is the most advanced in the world. McLaren and Ferrari will beg to differ.
The Swiss team's new wind tunnel has a rolling road, which means the simultations are more realistic as the car's wheels are rotating during testing.
It also fits two full-sized cars, so they can to slipstream and turbulence testing.
The new Suaber is still using Ferrari "customer" engines in 2003. They use the same motor that Ferrari used in 2002.

BAR is going through their "Make or Break" year, this year will decide Jaques Villeneuve's F1 future. He tried to do a (M) Schumacher and join a mid-field team and hop to take it to the top. Unofrtunately, as wealthy as BAR were, they didn't have the Ferrari infrastructure and a Michael Shumacher at their disposal.
Up to now BAR have crawled around the track being outclassed by "lesser" teams. So, this is a big year for BAR under Dave Richardson's management. The new BAR car is a radical shake-up over the 2002 model.

British F1 magazines say Renault has to be the sleeping giant of F1. They expect Renault to be the "tour de force" in 2003.
Renault are aiming to be in the top 4 this year and looking at the huge R&D process they are embarking on, they could well be the best of the rest.

Ferrari are the only team who's 2003 car does not look like the 2002 Ferrari, although they will use the 2002 car for the first four races of the season, why you ask? Because it works so well.
Ferrari are also taunting the FIA saying that team orders will be used "if necesarry" this year to clench the drivers and constructors championships. Ferrari's team orders caused some controversy in 2002. Ferrari's Jean Todt commented that Ferrari pays the driver's salaries, not the FIA, so the drivers will carry out any orders given to them by Ferrari.

Jordan are battling on and will Ralf Firmin signed up, it should be interesting because Team principle Eddie Jordan is renowned for spotting talent. Remember, it was Eddie Jordan who gave 5-time world champion Michael Shumacher his first F1 drive.
Jordan have Ford Cosworth powerplants this year, a deal scooped up since Arrows went bankrupt. Ford are demanding that Jordan pay for the engines before they race, that issue is still ongoing.

Minardi have signed "Jos the Boss" Verstappen up and Justin Wilson for 2003.
They are also using Cosworth Motors this year. The team is the smallest and most cash strapped of all the F1 teams.
I wish them the best for 2003!

Williams retained Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo "I respect no-one" Montoya.
Montoya still claims that the Ferrari car itself is the key to Michael Schumacher's success and if he had "the best F1 car in the world" he would be the champion.
Sir Frank Williams responded to Montoya's never-ending references to the Ferrari by saying JPM needs to drive harder.
JPM says he drives his heart out. I agree, but only in qualifying.

That's about it for now

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.02.27, 07:56 AM   #6
Psyklops
I am a Z-aholic ;)

Send a message via AIM to Psyklops
Cool How long?

Hehehehe..Mondo that has to be the longest reply i have seen you post!!
Old 2003.02.27, 11:22 AM   #7
Cian
All Your Base

Send a message via Yahoo to Cian
Talking

Who needs f1news.com? I get all the best updates here on Mini-zracer.com!!!
Old 2003.02.27, 11:48 AM   #8
Digisane
Mini-z Crash Test Dummy

Thanks!

Mondo & all the rest,

Thanks for your updates, especially Mondo, you've covered almost the entire team of the F1 paddock!

Anyways I'm looking forward to a better F1 season and more swapping of pole position rather than seeing a Ferrari on the pole everytime .

Hope the issue with the rule changes are settled.