Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.12.23, 09:00 PM   #46
wes
Z racer

The stock and the first set of alu rims look better... Man I'm jealous... I would love one of those old mr01 readysets, I'd just play with it, and put it back in the box everytime
Old 2007.12.23, 09:09 PM   #47
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Thank's wes, but the first set of rims are Kyosho's plastic rims, not aluminum. I put those back on as their offset is better and suits the car more. The Iwaver's front wheels were too far in for me. I like my wheels right up close to the fender. I just wanted to see how these wheels looked on the car, it's fun to play with a bunch of wheels and different styles. But in all honesty, on this white classic Altezza, I think these chromed five star's from Kyosho look the best.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.23, 10:51 PM   #48
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
What's different about the MR01F hammer?
The MR01F basicly has the same rear mount as the MR02 RM car's do. The only difference is the parts included in the parts pack. I don't remember if it has the H plate but it has the chassis standoff for the MR01 chassis. and a low shock mount plate. If anything it drops the motor down about 3 mm lower for better handling. That 3mm don't sound like much, but you compare before and after on a track it's like night and day. Wish I had a standard MR01 to take a picture next to my F 40 .An original MR01 that I upgraded to the MR01F spec. Just remember that the MR01F uses the MR02 diff. I have to say that as the posts I seen about "now my old diff don't fit with this new part".

Someone else mentioned roll shocks. Years ago I tried a set of those, about the only thing they are good at is breaking the H plates. Not worth the wasted money and added weight to me.
Old 2007.12.23, 11:37 PM   #49
FrankW1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
The MR01F basicly has the same rear mount as the MR02 RM car's do. The only difference is the parts included in the parts pack. I don't remember if it has the H plate but it has the chassis standoff for the MR01 chassis. and a low shock mount plate. If anything it drops the motor down about 3 mm lower for better handling. That 3mm don't sound like much, but you compare before and after on a track it's like night and day. Wish I had a standard MR01 to take a picture next to my F 40 .An original MR01 that I upgraded to the MR01F spec. Just remember that the MR01F uses the MR02 diff. I have to say that as the posts I seen about "now my old diff don't fit with this new part".

Someone else mentioned roll shocks. Years ago I tried a set of those, about the only thing they are good at is breaking the H plates. Not worth the wasted money and added weight to me.
i tried roll shocks on my mr01 before and it didn't do much of helping the handling as well. top shock would be better for stopping the rear from hopping.

"sideways are just more fun"

Autoscales For Sale!
FrankW1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 10:04 AM   #50
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

So if I had an extra MR02 RM motor mount, what else would I need to adapt it to the MR01? Obviously the H-plates are different, even different from MR15 to MR02. Those two look the same, but the MR15 is narrower on the chassis side.
I beleive this next Altezza I'm getting has GPM upgrades. But if those shocks dont' work, how about the normal MR02 shocks and how would I adapt that to MR01?
Old 2007.12.24, 10:48 AM   #51
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Here's a pic of my two current Altezza's. The MR01 on the left, and the MR15 on the right. The MR15 I'll definetly race as it's more available than the white MR01. The MR15 you've seen in the MR15 threads and it works well. Plus I have the blue in AutoScale form as well so not worried about bruising this body. Nice pair huh?
Old 2007.12.24, 12:12 PM   #52
ChiefGreenLeaf
Registered Abuzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Obviously the H-plates are different, even different from MR15 to MR02. Those two look the same, but the MR15 is narrower on the chassis side.

MR-015 & MR-02 H-plate's are the same, on both ends.
ChiefGreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.24, 02:54 PM   #53
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Really, I've had some MR02 H-plates not fit on the MR15. Maybe it's who makes theme or something. I've even tride trimming on the round part and couldn't get it to fit properly, it would cause the rear to be slightly off. So all I really need is an extra MR02 RM and MR15 H-plate? What about mounting the center shock?
Old 2007.12.24, 03:58 PM   #54
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Can you use the Kyosho hop-up springs from the MR02 on the MR01? Or does the MR01 require a different diameter?
Old 2007.12.24, 08:44 PM   #55
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
The MR01 springs are slimmer and taller than the MR02-015 springs are. If you want it to fit the pockets on the stablizer bar, the MR02-015 springs are too fat. You can use them if you remove the stablizer bar and just put them on the knuckles. That can stress the ends of the top plate though, with the springs pushing up on the ends that the kingpins are at. Also to keep them from grabing the knuckles, I have used 2mm washers to support them. Ironicly, the AWD springs are even fater and shorter than the MR02-015 springs are. Seems to be a pattern here.

Third party parts can have variations. Look at the wheels as an example. I have a set of Iwaver wheels that the bearings will just fall right out of. And some other make wheels that the bearings wedge in so tightly that you can't remove them without destroying the bearings. H plates can be the same deal.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2007.12.24 at 09:00 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.25, 05:07 PM   #56
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

So basically it's best to find original MR01 springs, okay, thanks!
Old 2007.12.29, 10:15 PM   #57
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

I've had this for a while. I recently got the alloy nose plate for it. Never ran, just display. I highly doubt it will handle, since the tires protrude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0822.JPG (198.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0824.JPG (210.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0826.JPG (182.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0829.JPG (194.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0830.JPG (200.9 KB, 65 views)
NOMOTORLIMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.12, 12:58 PM   #58
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hi there, what rim's are those? I might be interested. Care to show pictures of the chassis?
Here's updates to my MR01.

I just recently picked up the tie-rod set at local hobby shop, carbon-fiber H-plate, and stainless steal king-pin's. Yes, my local hobby shop had MR01 parts! Amazing!

And I swapped out the rear from the other MR01 to complete the Kyosho goods. Now it's got the gold differential which is old but still works pretty well. Also has Xspeed motor, now it just needs the springs and a full set of ball bearings.
Old 2008.01.12, 01:49 PM   #59
ChiefGreenLeaf
Registered Abuzer

Those are AVM Quintech's.
ChiefGreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.12, 02:50 PM   #60
wight

Hi all.
I'm not sure if this really counts as I don't have it anymore,but I thought I'd post it anyway.
This is my lancer that I bought way back when mini z's first came out.Unfortunately it seemed so expensive at the time,and spares seemed scarce,that I hardly used it and sold it after only a few months of having it.Wish I still had it know of course.At the time I never thought I would really get into this scale of cars.Also,finding somewhere suitable for driving it was a challenge.If only I had known about anti fatigue mats back then!
Anyway here she is.Completely standard,even the tyres.

In fact,I think these are the pics I used to sell it on everyones favorite auction site.

Cheers,Steve.
wight is offline   Reply With Quote