Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.10.19, 09:05 PM   #31
herman

Quote:
-Warehouse night shift supervisor (the races with the forklifts were exciting... around age of 18 or 19)
yikes... that's kinda unsettling to hear... i'm into heavy equipment and deal with operators, where safety is one of our top concerns... guess it would be kind of hard to explain (not to mention quite embarrassing) how and why a forklift is laying on its side to the boss...

but i guess heck you're only 18 or 19 once...
just hope you guys didn't have any accidents...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.20, 06:35 AM   #32
deloreanaka8

Send a message via MSN to deloreanaka8
Yeah I was around 18 when I had that job, but I'll explain what I meant by races.
There was a hall around 60m long, at around 5am when work was done, we would do a drag race with what battery charge was left from the empty forklifts.
I'd never think about letting those things go into dangerous cornering cause it would be a certain flip.
We never had a single accident and we also managed to do the safest and fastest moving in that warehouse, even a few company prizes got involved.
Old 2010.11.16, 10:11 AM   #33
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
What do I really do? I'm one of the support techs that works at the company that hosts this site....

I can use being on the forums as an excuse to be sure the site is still up
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.16, 10:33 AM   #34
mini-z
Administrator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rensuchan View Post
What do I really do? I'm one of the support techs that works at the company that hosts this site....

Indeed - and now everyone knows to contact you directly instead of me if the site ever goes down - sucker!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.16, 11:33 AM   #35
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Indeed - and now everyone knows to contact you directly instead of me if the site ever goes down - sucker!
Only weekdays 9:30am-5:30pm Eastern, that still leaves a majority of the day to bug Mini-Z directly
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.16, 09:38 PM   #36
herman

Quote:

coolness...
Old 2010.11.18, 04:39 PM   #37
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
yikes... that's kinda unsettling to hear... i'm into heavy equipment and deal with operators, where safety is one of our top concerns... guess it would be kind of hard to explain (not to mention quite embarrassing) how and why a forklift is laying on its side to the boss...

but i guess heck you're only 18 or 19 once...
just hope you guys didn't have any accidents...
If one ends up on it's side you use the other one to get it back in it's wheels again. I don't see any problem there.
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.18, 10:22 PM   #38
welshtony

Here in rain central I am a Security Guard lol. Not best job in the world but it
pays the bills (just)
welshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.21, 12:03 PM   #39
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Nuclear centrifuge technician in the micro-town of Eunice, New Mexico. Great company, great industry, what's not to love...well, other than the location.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.23, 06:54 AM   #40
Dr. Kustom

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom
As herman requested, I will join this thread too.

At the moment, I am only a student, just finished high school this summer, trying to get into college and I'm currently un-employed.

GSR / Atomic
Dr. Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.23, 09:56 PM   #41
herman

goodness... pretty good modeling skills for a high school grad... what do you plan on taking up in college?
Old 2010.11.23, 11:41 PM   #42
Dr. Kustom

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom
Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
goodness... pretty good modeling skills for a high school grad... what do you plan on taking up in college?
Haha, thanks. I'm thinking about mechanical engineering.

GSR / Atomic
Dr. Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.24, 12:06 AM   #43
mdowney
Pew-Pew!

I work in Developer Evangelism at Microsoft. Our basic job is to convince customers to use our technologies. My team focuses on working with major brands and properties to get them to use our latest and greatest stuff as a showcase of what's possible. As an example, we helped NBC build their Sunday Night Football application using Silverlight to deliver live HD streams with multiple camera angles - which wasn't even close to being easy, nor cheap.

We'll be hosting a big Mini-Z race at our upcoming web developer conference in Las Vegas this April. We'll be geeking it out with some .NET goodness. Kyosho is sponsoring the activity. I spoke with @mini-z today and he's also going to help us out. Turns out he's a .NET developer too (a man of many talents, it appears).

Nice to get to know all of you. This seems like a really tight, friendly community. Glad to be a part of it. Hopefully the Mini-Z stuff we'll be doing at Microsoft will benefit the community in the future.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.24, 09:15 AM   #44
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Wow! Sounds exciting! I have a feeling you are going to fit in well here!

You are absolutely right about this community it is very tight knit. I have had the opportunity to put many of the screen names to a live face and have met nothing but quality folks.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to meet you at an event some time. Maybe you could make it to one of our Carolina CUP events some time.

From the sounds of your enthusiasm sounds like you will be adding Mini-z evangilist to your job description soon!
Old 2011.02.27, 02:46 AM   #45
tomatkins

I do landscaping projects for a living.Hard work (and sometimes very difficult customers to deal with) but it pays the bills.Z racing is a great hobby that I want to do for as long as possible.