Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.02.26, 07:41 PM   #1
Laxracer

Looking for Info

I'm new to Mini-z's. I just came across your thread.

What is GTG?

I just want some track time, to run. How do you guys do it ? is the track only set up on your club days / HFA days ? or can I get some track time off days. Etc etc.

Now I'm not new to RC but I am new to Mini-Zs

So give me all the info. Its the one thing I haven't found yet on this site.

Thanks for your help Looking forward to running against some of you.

C

Oh yeah ... what I got now is a Mr-03 going to be a RM setup since I have a Audi DTM body. Also TX will be running my trusty M11 ... Arch I saw your response about the interference they give off my bad.

C
Laxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.26, 08:25 PM   #2
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxracer View Post
I'm new to Mini-z's. I just came across your thread.

What is GTG?

I just want some track time, to run. How do you guys do it ? is the track only set up on your club days / HFA days ? or can I get some track time off days. Etc etc.

Now I'm not new to RC but I am new to Mini-Zs

So give me all the info. Its the one thing I haven't found yet on this site.

Thanks for your help Looking forward to running against some of you.

C

Oh yeah ... what I got now is a Mr-03 going to be a RM setup since I have a Audi DTM body. Also TX will be running my trusty M11 ... Arch I saw your response about the interference they give off my bad.

C

GTG = Get Together.

the DC guys will chime in with specifics for their club, you can't go wrong racing with them, they have some of the fastest guys in the country racing there.
Old 2010.02.27, 07:41 AM   #3
Mike Keely

Look here for some info about a enduro race we have coming up.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33433

We have two clubs in the area. One of them runs in the HobbyWorks store in Fairfax VA once a month. No charge to run and that is when they have their HFAY race (How Fast Are You). The other is in the Clinton MD area in a garage wright off of Branch Ave and the Capitol Beltway. They run three days a week Monday night, Thursday night and Saturday. The owner has a funeral to go to today so they will not be racing today. I am going down to Awsome RC to run today. The track is in Fredericksburg VA. I will PM you my phone number and you can call me with any questions.
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.27, 08:44 AM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
don't forget Awsome RC just past Fredricksburg, VA.

no worries about the transmitter. so long as we are not all bunched up along a line it's not a problem and at hobby works, there is usually plenty of space to spread out.

you can find our hobby works race schedule here.

Awsome RC discussion here.

mike, shall i setup a subforum for your clinton, md group? i can easily do so for awsome rc as well.

we would be happy to have you join any of the area's groups and your free to roam between them as well.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.27, 10:44 PM   #5
Mike Keely

Fine with me.
Old 2010.02.27, 10:51 PM   #6
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Fine with me.
done
Old 2010.02.28, 07:53 AM   #7
Laxracer

I tried to reply yestarday morning from work. But it didn't go through.

Sounds good on coming to your next GTG.
Mike thanks for the invite. PA is a bit far for me. Part of the reason i'm getting back to racing is i had knee surgery. So my other activities aka Lax are out for the next 8 months. So long car rides are tough for me. And one of the reasons i'm not going back to my 1/10th and 1/12th scales, way too much stuff, and hard to transport on crutches.

But enough of that.

My main thing was trying to get some general / specific information out there. Its tough being a newbie again, and having been one previously I know that there is a lot of slang / nomenclature thats specfic to each class, and newbs can get scared away with out knowing what that information is.

So arch maybe in the newb section. Adds would be GTG, HFAY. The different motor types. Like S7 vs S6.

I've picked up most of it but it was tough spread across many many forums.

Now some of the DC stuff. And maybe its a bigger issue. under Tracks and GTGs. Could they be Divided regionally (I don't think there are enough for states) ? or a Stickie that has the treads shown regionally. It took me over a week to find out that you guys were racing 5 mins from my office (prosperity and 50). As for racing, just some info about the races. Remember i'm coming from touring cars, so what is the format ? mains, free for all. number of runs, etc etc, Motors, bodies, class, batts. Something that isn't burried in a thread.

Sorry not trying to rock the boat. But trying to help out those that are new.

Thanks again. Looking forward to running with you guys.

C
Old 2010.02.28, 08:16 AM   #8
arch2b

there is FAQ material. trouble is getting people to keep it current. volunteering isn't what is used to be years ago where we had trouble keeping track of whom was doing what.

tracks and gtg was divided regionally and it never worked. there is a sticky post with track location pined to a google map. again, relies on participation which is not always the easiest to achieve. i'm always open to suggestions for improvement.

we have a sticky for our schedule which includes times and format for racing. i need to include a link to HFAY rules rather than reposting them.

no fee as mike explained at hobby town.

we occasionally have specific type races at hobby town which you will find specific threads for however non HFAY racing at hobby town is limited thus nothing worth making sticky.

Awsome RC has a weekly point series where many of the va drivers go. many of the pg county maryland drivers go for weekly series racing at Remenant Racing.
we are in an odd region where there are pockets of us spread out across eastern maryland, western maryland, norhtern va, southern va which makes travel distance to any one place an issue. hobby works is a good mid point for gathering for HFAY racing. for regular series racing, most tend to stay closer to home and to those groups that serve there area such as Awsome RC and Remenant Racing. there are 'regional' type events that we have historically held to race with a larger group that often includes PA, NJ and NY. these are held at whatever location is available at the time. you will find we are scheduling an endurance event for march which will be held in an office building down town. it's on our schedule.

i look forward to meeting and racing with you, either at the endurance on the 13th and or HFAY on the 20th.

if a scheduled event in our posted schedule does not have a hyperlink, it hasn't been followed through on or nothing is planned or not sufficient information is available at the time. i do my best to keep a schedule for us that includes racing information for our larger area however that is also dependant on others providing me the relevant information.

Last edited by arch2b; 2010.02.28 at 10:37 AM.
Old 2010.02.28, 10:21 AM   #9
Mike Keely

Hi Laxracer, we are running the enduro race in DC now not in Pa as was originally planned. Here are most of the rules for the race. The address for the race is 750 First Street NE. Wash, DC 20002

Saturday March,13th 2010

12 cars maximum, minimum 2 drivers per car.

70 turn motors. (no mods allowed other than break-in and fluids)

Kyosho chassis, ESC and Autoscale bodies only. (I suggest a tough racer body, and an alloy front clip!)

4 NIMH AAA cells. (no lipos, or miniature nuclear reactors).

Lax,at the top right of your screen when you log in by your name is a private message link. I gave you my phone number in there. Give me a call and I can answer your questions.

Our weekly racing is now on a new thread that Arch just made for us here.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

MK

Arch, you have Hobby Town in your post. I think that you wanted to have Hobby Works instead?

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2010.02.28 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2010.02.28, 10:29 AM   #10
Mike Keely

Look on these sites.

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/

http://www.pnracing.us/new/news.php

This has most of the rules that you need to know. MK

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2010.02.28 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2010.02.28, 10:38 AM   #11
arch2b

thanks, corrected
Old 2010.02.28, 07:26 PM   #12
Laxracer

Mike
I saw the message. I have been in the office most of the weekend. So I just haven't had a chance to call. Its been really really hectic.

So I looked at the HFAY rules. My car isn't legal in stock
Old 2010.02.28, 07:29 PM   #13
arch2b

whats the issue if you don't mind me asking?
Old 2010.02.28, 07:38 PM   #14
Mike Keely

If you have a Kyosho stock motor or a PN stock 70 turn motor and a hard body you are most likely OK. Like Arch said what is the issue you see wrong. Most likely we will have what you need to run in the HFAY race. At the Clinton track you only need to run the HFAY rules when we run the HFAY race. That is only one day a month.
Old 2010.02.28, 07:43 PM   #15
Laxracer

No not at all.

"Legal Chassis: Kyosho MR-01, MR-015, MR-02, MA-010, or equivalent Iwaver, Firelap, or Xmod (Gen 1 or EVO) chassis. Any AWD vehicles must operate as AWD at all times. AWD is optional in the Xmods"

I have a MR-03