Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.27, 08:08 PM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

RCP MOR and MRC tracks

We first started building modular off road tracks for Kyosho back in 2003 and continue to create new editions each year for various trade shows. Due to the overwhelming response from our customers to reproduce our off road trade show tracks and offer them to the public, we are now currently building the molds to manufacture interlocking off road and rock climbing tracks. The off road tracks will be designed more for 1/18 scale and smaller vehicles, while the rock climbing tracks will be suited for 1/10 scale and smaller. Each modular section will have universal edges, so users can create multiple layouts using a set number of pieces. The complete system is designed to offer a variety of layouts, so clubs, hobby stores and individual users can mix up the layouts on a regular basis. With the universal edge on all modular panel, customers can start out small and add on to create much more challenging and bigger layouts.

Track materials

Each modular panel has a foam core with a hard under skin to protect the foam from damage. The outer skin is made up of a polyurethane-polyurea elastomer. It is very strong and will hold up to just about anything you put on it from gasoline to house hold chemicals. In addition to its excellent abrasion and chemical resistance, the base coating will allow for 105% - 700% + stretching without adhesion loss. Basically it will hold up to almost any RC vehicle abuse you throw at it, from intense competition racing to everyday play.

MOR and MRC Tracks

Pictures below show an example of an MRC track using 8 different modular panels. These panels are relatively easy to conquer with most 1/10 scale crawling vehicles, but would be more challenging with some 1/18 scale and smaller trucks. We plan to make molds much more challenging to go along with others that are relatively easy. You will see a much more challenging course at RCX 2006, where we are designing a large mountain stretching 20 foot wide X 16 feet deep X 10 feet high for rock climbing pro demos. You will see some of the most outrageous crawlers climbing the mountain along with some great skills from some of the best RC crawlers around. www.rcx.com.

We are also making molds for 1/18 scale and smaller off road racing. Each panel will be manufactured using the same materials as the MRC tracks, but will have terrain more suited for buggies and truck racing. Outside panels incorporate a thick PVC sheeting that will extend above the track to contain the vehicles. Each MOR track is modular and can be changed around frequently to make different layouts. There will be turn panels, single jump, double jump, triple jump, mogul and a few other sections to create different layouts depending on where you place each section. The lane width of the MOR track is approx. 4 ft wide. The MOR tracks will have a PVC tube border to divide the lanes similar to outdoor dirt tracks. The PVC lane barrier will serve more of a lane marker than a barrier and will attach to each section.

Both tracks are more suited for the corporate or hobby store environment, but can be used at your home if the space allows. We can inlay timing system cables just under the finish line section if desired.

Below are a few pictures taken from the first protype rock crawling track.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.01.27 at 08:37 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.27, 08:10 PM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

This picture shows how the MRC sections can be seperated into individual sections or joined to create one big layout.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.01.27 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2006.01.27, 09:41 PM   #3
rlc77
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
This picture shows how the MRC sections can be seperated into individual sections or joined to create one big layout.
UUUUUHHHHH!!!!! I don't see any pics. Is there something wrong with my browser?
Old 2006.01.27, 10:38 PM   #4
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
I read the article... sooo interesting... I can't wait. This will be an amazing addition to hobby stores and such. I can't wait to see the pictures.

really, really excited
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.27, 11:20 PM   #5
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc77
UUUUUHHHHH!!!!! I don't see any pics. Is there something wrong with my browser?
you are not alone, I do not see them either.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.27, 11:42 PM   #6
saiyan
BooYa!!

This will be awsome to see, i know you guys put out a quality product and i'm sure these track designs will be just as good. I didn't see any pics in the thread either, so i'll see if you have any on your site.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.28, 11:09 AM   #7
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Sorry guys, I had the pictures up for a moment, but had to take them down. The pictures are of a MRC track we just completed for a large company event. The track has company logo branding on it and is going to be used in a upcoming national event. I was waiting for approval from our client to be able to post pictures of the track before it is publicly shown in a few weeks. I received approval from one source, but then received another email just after I posted, with recommendations that I get final approval from another source first. This person is not in his office until Monday, so I have to wait until then to get the release. I hope to have them up shortly.

Thanks for your patience. If its any consolation, the pictures are worth the short wait, at least in my opinion.

I tried to edit the above post where it mentions pictures and when they will be up, but my time had expired for editing.

Thanks.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.01.28 at 11:16 AM.
Old 2006.01.28, 04:18 PM   #8
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Why can't you just photoshop out the logos and post it? They don't own the design, you do.

This is going to be an amzing track I think... I can't wait to see it
Old 2006.01.30, 11:47 AM   #9
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Let's try this again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 1.JPG (88.6 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 2.JPG (95.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 3.JPG (93.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 5.JPG (83.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.01.30 at 11:54 AM.
Old 2006.01.30, 11:49 AM   #10
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

This picture shows the edge of the section which can be joined with adjacent sections to make one big track or separate rows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 6.JPG (75.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg RCP Crawling 4.JPG (102.4 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.01.30 at 11:51 AM.
Old 2006.01.30, 11:35 PM   #11
ntwadumela

Very nice design. I'll keep checking this thread for pics of the MOR, that has my curiosity piqued. Any idea of pricing yet?
ntwadumela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.31, 01:04 PM   #12
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Here are the specs on the trucks if anyone is interested.

12"+ WB
~3" center clearance
RBX chassis
Locked TLT axles
Locked Pede tannies
60/40 link setup
45T Lathe motor
64 pitch 120T Spur / 16T pinion
Narrowed RPM wheels
Maxx shocks, front have 2.5 coils removed
Hitec 645MG servos (2WS)
4oz of lead shot in each tire
Old 2006.01.31, 01:40 PM   #13
machine
learning the hard way

Wow looks good. And the track looks good to hehe...

When will you be producing them? there are a few guys local to me with tricked out crawlers that would love to try them out. Are you going to sell them as individual units, grouped into sets or?? Also any projected price?

Oh and were do i get a truck like that from??
Old 2006.01.31, 02:11 PM   #14
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Does it come with the Vette? lol

Looks great, very realistic. But, it looks quite bulky just the same. Are they hollow for stacking or are they actually going to be shipped in insanely huge boxes? Also, what about guard rails? If you're racing what happens when someone goes off track? Getting back on the track would be hell.

And of course the same questions, price, date, different track pieces... Looks really good.
Old 2006.01.31, 02:36 PM   #15
briankstan

These look really great, I'm not in to rock crawling but it would be something interesting to try out. Great work on them, they look very realistic. As always I applaud you work.

Brian