Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.12.21, 07:19 AM   #1
Mixxy
The MixtriX

nfs6

just wondering if anyone has played need for speed, hot pursuit 2, and what do you think of it.

personally, i prefer nfs5.
Old 2002.12.21, 08:38 AM   #2
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
NOOOOOOO!!!!! Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II is the best Need for Speed EVER!!! The only other one that comes close is Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed II! You could drive the T-Rex in NFSII!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.21, 11:10 AM   #3
ZIZI
RC heli-guy

Send a message via MSN to ZIZI
Yeah

I remember the days when I still had my pentium 166 and alll I played was nfs2 that was one of my favorite games of all time...except I didnt have a voodoo and the grahics sucked..but who caredthe game was too good...

then NFS 3 comes outand it was the reason I bought a new computer...I still love need for speed 3 I love the graphics the gameplay...everything but the best part is playing 2 player and having the cops chase you!!!
ZIZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.22, 04:05 AM   #4
Mixxy
The MixtriX

lol, but theres hardly any damage textures... i wanna see my car blow up.

however, the game is still very good. i just prefer the gameplay of nfs5
Old 2002.12.22, 11:13 AM   #5
ZIZI
RC heli-guy

Yeah

I liked nfs5 too but 3 was my all time favorite...
Old 2002.12.23, 06:17 AM   #6
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

Send a message via ICQ to Sm0lders
I played NFS 2:SE for such a long time on lans, with voodoo graphics it was really kewl, and the competition was hard

I played NFS 3 even longer , I blew the competition away in that game, even when I played against 6 cops they couldn't get me (ok they were pretty newb )

NFS 4, it was kinda nice, didn't like the way how the cars stood up on there suspension , played it for a month or 2

NFS 6 was the thing I was waiting for , very nice GFX on my Geforce 3, and the cars handle great with my Logitech Momo Force, people allready call me a cheater evertime I win it's hilaric on internet
Sm0lders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.23, 10:43 AM   #7
ZIZI
RC heli-guy

HEHE

I hate that excuse on the internet...not just in NFS but also in all other games...people always assume you are cheating if you are beating the crap out of them...
Old 2002.12.24, 08:16 AM   #8
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

Yup I heard 2 guys screaming CHEATER !!! again yesterday nite

I drove 5 races, I had 2 super close finishes haha those were so nice, in the 1st close finish I thought I wasn't going to win, the leader was 50m ahead of me, but I came superb trough the last 5 corners and at a sudden he was right in front of me, I had just a little more topspeed and passed him in the last corner, w0w what a race
The 2nd close finish was the best, 3 long laps, each lap took 1min 32sec to complete, the leader and I switch positions every min, it was so nice, at the last 2 corners he was in front so I took the shortcut and I passed him and finished the race a few hundreds of a second infront of him, we both congratzed eachother for the great race, now that's how it should be all the time
Old 2002.12.24, 10:05 AM   #9
ZIZI
RC heli-guy

Yeah

and let me guess the guys calling you cheater came in last
Old 2002.12.25, 12:09 PM   #10
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

yup
Old 2002.12.25, 12:44 PM   #11
ZIZI
RC heli-guy

HEHE

Typical...
Old 2003.01.08, 11:23 AM   #12
Digisane
Mini-z Crash Test Dummy

cheat! Well not really... maybe.. i donno

Quite frankly, I got quite sick of computer games one nite and decided to sift through the NFS: HP2 folder and discovered one thing..

You can tweak the cars.

You can set the speed governers (make your M5 go 200MPH)
You can set your car's aerodynamic coefficiency, downforce and underbody drag
You can tweak the dampers, spring travel, and steering, gear shift
You can change your car engine and horn sounds
You can change your tires sizes, brake diameter or type
You can put more power into your engine to have more top end, or low-end, or just full power all the way to a 10,000 redline or more if you like.

With some tweak I can get my M5 to take 120MPH corners without making much changes to the engine - just gave it some top end (it drifts a little if i tap the brakes. Cool or what)

You can even tweak the cop cars or their behaviors and make them suck more than they do, or your fellow racers so you'd win.

But i do the reverse for added challenge (esp on the cops).

HECK, you could even tweak the chopper, the prices for each car, and even the names for cars. But I consider tweaking the prices cheating.

How to do the above? Well if you don't like cheating and consider this as cheating you can stop reading here. I don't know if it works in multiplayer;

Goto the folder where you installed NFS.

in the data folder, you can see lots of folders with car names on it (M5, Modena, etc)

Inside each of these folders you can see several .ini files. Car.ini is your car, cop_car.ini is the cops' car and car_racer.ini is your opponent's car.

Open it up in notepad and tweak away. You should be able to understand the variables. Make backups. And if you're not familiar with how to do this, probally best not to do so.
Digisane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.01.08, 01:48 PM   #13
mini-zfuel
F1 Perfectionist

hey!!!

I have NFS hot pursuit 2 and it rocks!!! the xbox version is so clean, and drives just perfect!!! I am awaiting project gotham racing 2 but this game is the best so far as I love the driving mechanics... I prefer the arcade feel, and this one definately has it... anyone eher play it??? also what about gotam racing 1??? any good???
thanks all

Ryan P
mini-zfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.01.08, 01:50 PM   #14
mini-zfuel
F1 Perfectionist

oops...

I forgot to mention I have played this thing to the fullest and still play all the time... I have opened up ALL the cars, regualr AND NFS special editions!!! also ALL the tracks, cop cars and EVERYTHING you can do... plus ALL gold medals in hot pursuit, and all silver and gold in the championship mode... man the game is off the hook...

Ryan P
mini-zfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.01.09, 04:51 AM   #15
cc2096
Mini-Z Novice

Send a message via AIM to cc2096
I have NFS:HP2 and play it everyday. On the PC of course, and the only way to play is with my Logitech Force GT wheel and pedals. My friend and I play over our Wireless LAN every nite (he lives in the apartment next to mine). I still perfer the original Hot Pursuit better, but HP2 is good just the same.

First Mini-Z: Warsteiner Mercedes

Current Hop ups: None.... yet
cc2096 is offline   Reply With Quote