Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.04.27, 02:04 PM   #31
ruf
4play

Anyone see that JR is rebranding the Helios with their synth module?

I hate the way the Helios feels. Just cheap. The buttons rattle. Grip needs to be about 1/2" shorter. The 2-piece adjustable padded trigger is gone. And the stupid antenna doesn't recess all the way into the grip. Just silly design. Really really wanting to make the "Marios"...
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.27, 02:32 PM   #32
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf
Anyone see that JR is rebranding the Helios with their synth module?

I hate the way the Helios feels. Just cheap. The buttons rattle. Grip needs to be about 1/2" shorter. The 2-piece adjustable padded trigger is gone. And the stupid antenna doesn't recess all the way into the grip. Just silly design. Really really wanting to make the "Marios"...
I find the plastic quality to be better than the 3PK, never tried a M8 but I don't like looking at that analog display. 3PK's plastic has all sorts of circle dark spots if you look closely, my personal opinion of course. Ruf, which radio do you find more appealing to you? I'm picky too!!
Old 2005.04.27, 09:29 PM   #33
wkn

i think that ruf has the mars?
wkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.28, 10:43 AM   #34
ruf
4play

I have Mars and Helios.

Mars R is probably my favorite. It really feels like a tool instead of a toy. I love how compact and dense it is (like the other Mars), but with the HRS and more memory. R has 20 models like the Limited right? It's been a while. The Helios only has 9 models (took out model 0?) without the CAMPAC-style memory plug-in. I was thinking about putting the Helios internals in my Mars case but it seems like too much trouble now. I will probably end up building up the grip on my Helios. I might swap the Mars throttle trigger into it. I want to modify the antenna to angle back so that it can recess into the forward grip.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
Old 2005.04.28, 11:17 AM   #35
Roger

ruf: Ko propo does make a large grip for the helios. I currently have the large grip on my helios and its actually quite comfortable. I didn't like the original grip on there because it was waaay to small for my big hands. Some racers actually wrapped tennis grip ( tourna-grip, yonex, etc.... ) and it looked alright, but when they found out the KO made a large grip, everybody was looking for them. Get the KO propo large grip for your helios ruf.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.28, 11:50 AM   #36
ruf
4play

I was planning on getting it, but that grip is only larger toward the rear. I would also like to build up my grip with foam on the back to space my hand away from the radio. This puts my fingertip more on the throttle instead of my knuckle. Then I wrap with grip tape.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
Old 2005.04.30, 09:20 AM   #37
miniz_newbie

Question AD Band Electronics questions

Where do I buy AD Band Crystals? Will they ever come out with AD Band Electronics for the Futaba Family or M8?

Did a search on the crystals in the forum and no luck, nor any insight on Futaba or M8
miniz_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.30, 01:54 PM   #38
Neil

i would like to ask the current users of Adband where they get hold of the ICS cable to 'tweak' their adband unit?

Or best, if someone can post the pin configurations to the serial connector? As such i can get my local cable shop to custom it for me

Anyone? Pretty pls!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.30, 03:28 PM   #39
Roger

miniz newbie: AD band is fairly new to the asian market ( Hong Kong, Japan, etc.... ). I am sure that later on, KO may make a module for other radio manufactures ( sanwa: aka airtronics in the U.S. market; and futaba ). As for crystals, im sure that there are hobbyshops in Japan or Hong Kong that have AD band crystals, but they are very hard to find.

Neil: I still haven't located the ICS cable yet, but my buddy Big_L is in the works of configuring the cable schamatics for the AD band.
Old 2005.04.30, 07:19 PM   #40
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
miniz newbie: AD band is fairly new to the asian market ( Hong Kong, Japan, etc.... ). I am sure that later on, KO may make a module for other radio manufactures ( sanwa: aka airtronics in the U.S. market; and futaba ). As for crystals, im sure that there are hobbyshops in Japan or Hong Kong that have AD band crystals, but they are very hard to find.

Neil: I still haven't located the ICS cable yet, but my buddy Big_L is in the works of configuring the cable schamatics for the AD band.
Ko Propo to make other makers module for their AD? highly unlikely... They rather you buy the Helios because of the AD PCB...
Old 2005.04.30, 08:24 PM   #41
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchan0
Ko Propo to make other makers module for their AD? highly unlikely... They rather you buy the Helios because of the AD PCB...

Anything is possible. Recently, the new Z-1 radio is using JR synthsized internals with a KO propo Helios body ? This idea was generated about one year ago and people were saying, " I don't think it'll ever happen in a lifetime. "

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...odID=JRP374075

Last edited by Roger; 2005.04.30 at 08:30 PM.
Old 2005.05.01, 12:34 AM   #42
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Hope to hear good news from u soon!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.01, 10:05 AM   #43
Big_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Hope to hear good news from u soon!
I called Ko Propo USA and they have it in stock. But I have a connector in the works, just waiting on TerryG for him to open up his so I can get the pin configuration on the DB9 connector side. I will post by the end of the week!

I also asked about the AD band crystals availability, I was then asked to call them direct.
Big_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.02, 10:34 AM   #44
mars

hi there,
for those who replaced with the AD band module, how much difference have you noticed? Is the motor speed getting faster? the steering getting more linear?
I have the Mars-R and looking forward to replace with the AD band but still thinking about the pros and cons..
I would like to hear from you all.
thank you.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.02, 10:51 AM   #45
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars
hi there,
for those who replaced with the AD band module, how much difference have you noticed? Is the motor speed getting faster? the steering getting more linear?
I have the Mars-R and looking forward to replace with the AD band but still thinking about the pros and cons..
I would like to hear from you all.
thank you.
Damn, still thinking about it? It doesn't cost much and there is tons of good things from the AD PCB!