Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.08.15, 12:56 PM   #1
G'ZOX

Kyosho aluminum rims ~VS.~ Square aluminum rims

I have a question for y'all..

which do you like better?
I'd like to get some aluminum rims for my Calsonic GT-R and am debating between getting Kyosho rims or Square.

I'd really like the Square Inch-ups but they seem kind impossible to find in gold. these would be my first choice. I've gotten Squares before and they looked amazing, really high quality.

but the Kyosho aluminum rims are also available on this sites shop. I imagine they will be the exact size as the stock wheels right? they'll just be in aluminum.. how is the build quality on them? are they as nice as the Squares? thanks for the help
G'ZOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.15, 05:02 PM   #2
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I do know that the Kyosho alloy wheels are very good quality for the price. I think those are the best for a combo of looks and durability, The durability is slightly above the looks with these. The fit is the same as the plastic wheels.

I have not run any Square wheels, so I leave this one open.
Old 2005.08.15, 05:47 PM   #3
G'ZOX

Squares are extremely high quality. only stuff made in Japan can be that good. the mold detailing is really great, they aren't CNC'd looking like AVM's or have the mold flash on them like the hong kong brands.
Old 2005.08.15, 06:59 PM   #4
GR/C

Have you checked out all the available wheels.......???

http://www.geocities.jp/wild_zracing/

Maybe, like me you might just find your answer with them...I have the "Speical Murcielago" wheels from them, and well....you can't get them anywhere else but from them....

GR/C
GR/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.15, 07:05 PM   #5
G'ZOX

Tagu is pretty cool stuff.. but I'm really going for an authentic scale look because I tend to just display and collect more than do hard-core racing. if there was a track in my town I'd definitly race more but... as of now I just have my foam apartment track
Old 2005.08.15, 07:25 PM   #6
GR/C

Then the question of which is better, as far as racing is concerned, is not a factor. It would seem that your quest for scale then is a matter of the wrong question asked. I purchased wheels that "looked" scale, but had "racing" in mind......if scale is your quest, then simply what's wrong with the wheels you have? These are Scale Wheels...aren't they, well at least they appeared to me that way...

Maybe Scale don't have the "Hot" I was looking for, I simply wanted more tire, and got it......you telling me this isn't the most bad ass wheels you've seen......??

GR/C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wings 044.jpg (59.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg wings 011.jpg (63.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg wings 061.jpg (52.3 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by GR/C; 2005.08.15 at 07:30 PM.
GR/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.15, 07:38 PM   #7
G'ZOX

I personally like the more refined, "forged" look of the colorized Squares over the raw CNC "grinded" look of Tagu's and AVM's.
the gunmetal Square BBS mesh Inch-ups I had for my NSX (see sig) looked amazing.
Like I said I just really like the scale look of the Squares. I've always been more into modeling and stuff and thats sorta my background, not so much hardcore racing.
Ideally I'd have two cars: a flawless Mini-Z car equipped with LED lights, Square rims and more "showy" parts thats more of a scale R/C model. my second car would be a hardcore racer w/ a beat up shell that just has pure performance mods and parts.
as of right now I only have just the one that I'm going for the scale look on.
Old 2005.08.15, 08:31 PM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
squares are still by far the best in terms of detail quality.

kyosho are the best of the budget alloy wheels. i know htey are not cheap but they are in teh average price range and hands down better than gpm, top cad and the rest.

tagu, avm and z-speeds are simply way to much money for me to even consider. i can get 2 pairs of kyosho or square for one of the others although i think tagu are the cheaper of the 3 custom made wheels?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote