Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.12.22, 04:19 PM   #76
TNB
Pet Human

How much time is there in a day? 10 classes times 10 minutes equals 100 minutes.... Number of heats.... Number of mains.... One day?

Also, if Joe Blow travels to Host Track X and is the only one with a Pro-Z, he can't race. Meanwhile, John Doe races his Pro-Z at Host Track Y. Now, Joe Blow doesn't even have a time to compare with anyone and even if Joe Blow was allowed to run by himself, then his lap times would probably be much better that John Doe who raced his Pro-Z against five other racers.

At the same time, even running a IW02 Pro with a MR-01 could create havoac since the boards are different though the chassis may be "90%" similar.

Basically, whoever actually writes the rules for this race needs to set them in stone to make it fair all the way around and if certain R/Cs are excluded, so be it.
Old 2004.12.22, 04:36 PM   #77
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
well, k. had 3 chassis types and managed to pull it off in one day at every location. if they can, so can we.

also, if only 2 pro-z kits show up, your right, no race for them. that's how it goes. it would have been the same way at the k. series as well if there were too few for f1 or overland. it would suck even more for those of us who have many of each chassis type and have nothing to do with them. i ahppen to really enjoy overland racing and i know tons of peopl have overlands yet they are not included in the pn rules. same as f1 which is very popular in some regions. it just seems stupid to not allow for other classes if enough show up. i'd rather bring my overland with the chance enough others do to than to not bring it all.

the whole iwaver thing really throws a kink in everything. i guess the upgraded versions could run in the pro class and the regular in the open not sure what to do with them but it would be bad to exclude them as many people will likely be getting them due to their price.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 05:18 PM   #78
TNB
Pet Human

Is this simple or not?

Stock Class - MR01/IW01/MR015/MR02/IW02 (non-Pro Versions Iwavers)
- Stock PCBs, Motors, Radios, & Chassis
- Rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries (850 limit)
- No option parts allowed other than any rubber tires, wheel nuts, or bearings
- Kyosho or Iwaver bodies only

Mod Class - MR01/IW01/MR015/MR02/IW02/IW01 Pro/IW02 Pro
- PCB, FET upgrades and Motor changes allowed
- Any rubber tires or Foams
- Any transmitter radio
- Any brand option parts as long as stock-type manufacturer chassis (colored ok)
---> Hand out motors?????

F1 Class - Same as Mod Class above.
OL/MMT/IW04 Class - Same as Mod Class above.

Outlaw Class (Includes Xmod, ABC, whatever in Mini-Z Scale)
--- unless someone wants to take responsibility for any LiON-LiPo mishaps)
- Any type body or transmitter radio
- Any brand option parts and chassis as long as Mini-Z Scale

Last edited by TNB; 2004.12.22 at 05:23 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 05:30 PM   #79
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

I like it!!
Old 2004.12.22, 07:59 PM   #80
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
tnb- best to date! i like it
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 09:50 PM   #81
clubberlang

The only thing I would add to the rules is an Xmods box stock class. You might be able to attract a lot of new faces. Other than that it looks good!
clubberlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 11:29 PM   #82
TNB
Pet Human

New faces? I still recall the 2 AM finish in Palmdale when just Kyosho Mini-Zs were running and I'll be damned if I'll wait around to watch a special class created just for a bunch of stock Xmods while the drivers try to make it around a large RCP Track--which brings up another question if Xmods are allowed to dictate the race... Will the host track then be forced to use the smooth side of the RCP Track to accommodate Xmod owners like the XRL Tournament or will the more textured side of the RCP Track be used as has been in the 2004 Kyosho Mini-Z-Cup regional events and both the 2003/2004 finals? Quite frankly, it's my opinion if an Xmod owner wants to race, then he or she can race in the Outlaw class since the Xmod doesn't have a chassis like either the Kyosho Mini-Z or the Iwaver.
Old 2004.12.23, 12:55 AM   #83
michvin

X-mods has their own cup - to remind, mini-z not allowed. Let them race their races and we'll race cars. Besides, X-mod won't be able to turn on RCP track. even wide is kind of problematic for the huge turning radius X-mod has.
Old 2004.12.23, 10:38 AM   #84
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
tnb- best to date! i like it
I agree!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.23, 11:17 AM   #85
TNB
Pet Human

Thanks. I tried to make the class setups both simple and fair as well as very easy for the tech inspections. After all, many may just freak out when some tech inspector tears apart their car to ensure it was in the correct class or that no cheating was involved.
Old 2004.12.23, 11:52 AM   #86
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Is this simple or not?

Stock Class - MR01/IW01/MR015/MR02/IW02 (non-Pro Versions Iwavers)
- Stock PCBs, Motors, Radios, & Chassis
- No option parts allowed other than any rubber tires, wheel nuts, or bearings

Mod Class - MR01/IW01/MR015/MR02/IW02/IW01 Pro/IW02 Pro
- Any transmitter radio
- Any brand option parts as long as stock-type manufacturer chassis (colored ok)

F1 Class - Same as Mod Class above.
OL/MMT/IW04 Class - Same as Mod Class above.

Outlaw Class (Includes Xmod, ABC, whatever in Mini-Z Scale)
--- unless someone wants to take responsibility for any LiON-LiPo mishaps)
- Any type body or transmitter radio
- Any brand option parts and chassis as long as Mini-Z Scale
Love this proposal, with one question (of course! ) about stock class
New IW LCD Tx. Is it considered stock? If yes, comparable Tx on the mini-z should be allowed as well. This Tx has some features that give very considerable advantage to its owners over the stock mini-z transmitter.
Old 2004.12.23, 12:01 PM   #87
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
Love this proposal, with one question (of course! ) about stock class
New IW LCD Tx. Is it considered stock? If yes, comparable Tx on the mini-z should be allowed as well. This Tx has some features that give very considerable advantage to its owners over the stock mini-z transmitter.
If the new programmable IW transmitter ships with both the IW02 and IW02 Pro, then the transmitter needs to be excluded from the stock IW02 class if someone wants to race an IW02 in the stock class, otherwise they need to be placed in the Mod Class. As an alternative, they could be permitted to use a stock Mini-Z transmitter radio.

The main idea is to not allow programmable transmitter radios.
Old 2004.12.23, 12:40 PM   #88
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
If the new programmable IW transmitter ships with both the IW02 and IW02 Pro, then the transmitter needs to be excluded from the stock IW02 class if someone wants to race an IW02 in the stock class, otherwise they need to be placed in the Mod Class. As an alternative, they could be permitted to use a stock Mini-Z transmitter radio.

The main idea is to not allow programmable transmitter radios.
sounds fair
Old 2004.12.23, 04:57 PM   #89
clubberlang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
New faces? I still recall the 2 AM finish in Palmdale when just Kyosho Mini-Zs were running and I'll be damned if I'll wait around to watch a special class created just for a bunch of stock Xmods while the drivers try to make it around a large RCP Track--which brings up another question if Xmods are allowed to dictate the race... Will the host track then be forced to use the smooth side of the RCP Track to accommodate Xmod owners like the XRL Tournament or will the more textured side of the RCP Track be used as has been in the 2004 Kyosho Mini-Z-Cup regional events and both the 2003/2004 finals? Quite frankly, it's my opinion if an Xmod owner wants to race, then he or she can race in the Outlaw class since the Xmod doesn't have a chassis like either the Kyosho Mini-Z or the Iwaver.

Wow, that desert heat getting to you? Did anyone say Xmods would dictate the race?

Really, get a grip dude.
clubberlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.23, 05:04 PM   #90
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubberlang
Wow, that desert heat getting to you? Did anyone say Xmods would dictate the race?

Really, get a grip dude.
If I took you literally, I'd write that no one "said" *&(# since this is a message board. As someone else already pointed out--there is the XRL especially for Xmods. And as I pointed out, the XRL was held using the other side of the RCP Track and Xmods don't have the same type of chassis. Perhaps, you should get a grip or at least realize those facts.