Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > CP Mini RC Raceway, NY

Old 2004.08.05, 02:51 PM   #1
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

A new Stock Car class will be starting this fall at CP Mini RC Raceway

A new Stock Car class will be starting this fall at CP Mini RC Raceway.
This class will be for are new Kyosho F1 Stock Car conversion kit cars.
The series will be called the CP Cup and the cars are known as CP Cup cars.
We are building a new 12 by 32 foot oval track with 4 foot wide lanes just for this class.

We will still be running mini-z stock and mod and maybe F1’s if there are members that still have some that have not bin converted to CP Cup cars. The mini-z classes will still be run like the mini-z cup 7 minute heats and mains on are supper road course with the new RCP surface.

The CP Cup cars are going run completely different. First we are going to race for laps not time. The heats will be heat races lasting something like 50 to 75 laps. The mains will be called features and will last something like 75 or 100 laps.

This class is going to be run American style, go fast turn left on are new 12 by 32 foot oval track with 4 foot wide lanes and a new RCP surface. The track is going to have a gray 8 inch low traction apron around the inside.

The apron is a portion of a race track which separates the racing
surface from the infield wall.

The 4 foot wide lanes will allow the CP Cup cars to run 3 and maybe 4 wide in the corners. The 8 inch apron will allow some one to try to pass on the inside in the corners but there will be less traction there. This should make for some very fun and challenging racing.

The CP Cup car kit basically turns the Kyosho mini-z F1 in to a bumper car underneath the Stock Car body. The carbon fiber sub chassis has lightweight foam rubber bumpers on three sides.

We raced F1’s all last winter and found that the F1’s handle better than the mini-z’s and they are much better when two cars get together, meaning the two cars don’t just crash. The CP Cup car kit allows the cars to bump draft and rub on each other with out wrecking so you can mussel your way around another Cup car.

The kit includes a Stock Car body, a set of paint masks, a carbon fiber sub chassis with lightweight foam rubber bumpers and a mounting setup. The kit also includes a free set of carbon fiber Rear Flex Plates.
The complete kit with a body is $44.99 and extra bodies are $13.99.
If you interested in one call Cp Mini RC Raceway at 518-371-4887 or check out are
web site.

I’m attaching some more pic’s of the CP Cup car kit, check them out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CP Cup cars.JPG (93.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg CP Cup cars2.JPG (91.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg CP Cup cars3.JPG (90.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg CP Cup car kit1.JPG (62.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg CP Cup car kit2.JPG (70.6 KB, 69 views)

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.

Last edited by Blackno3; 2004.08.24 at 05:33 PM.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 03:35 PM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Blackno3,

This new stock car class looks exciting. It would be nice to see the cars run on both the oval and road course. I have been working on RCP large radius inside corner and angled tiles/rails for next production, but I think it might be a good idea to include some large radius Nascar oval type outside tiles/rails for our new tracks, if this class draws a lot of attention.

The RCP grip on the track is great at CP’s so I believe bank turns are not going to be incorporated, but may be added later. Inlaying a different traction tile for the apron sounds great and I look forward to seeing how this all plays out. Inlaying an additional traction tile for the outside portion of the track may also create a different groove or simulate the loose tire gravel area seen near the outside corner wall of most Nascar tracks.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 03:42 PM   #3
TNB
Pet Human

I wonder about running on a banked oval since the 1/4 scales have different tire diameters and suspension set ups because of the banked oval. I'd guess if foams were used, one "side" could be cut a little more than the other side. The springs would help solve the suspension differences easily enough. After this, business may boom for Hudy and Ofna because of tire truers and all the Mini-Zers racing down to purchase a machine. It may convert a few slot car racers too since some are already into NASCAR, rebuild motors, and already own tire truers.
Old 2004.08.05, 03:45 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i will be following this with great interest as there are a few interested in this idea in my area and we are looking to begina a racing season. would you mind if we pretty much copied your stock car class format? we plan to purchase some of these kits and i have a large oval (more like a big box)track
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 07:48 PM   #5
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

Arch2b No I would not mind at all if you use some form of are stock car class format.

Any new format will require some tweaking so are members and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what we are doing when we start racing this new format next month.

You know some of them like Paulangelo, TJFBryant and mini-z racing.

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.06, 11:23 AM   #6
techno
Hopeless Z addict

this sounds like a great idea for me too i still want to get a track im my area off the ground looks like a very durable idea for newbs to run mini-zs and we can suck in all the nascar fans in to the mini-z arena
Old 2004.08.06, 02:47 PM   #7
byebye

Great Idea!

I am tempted to buy an f1 and covert it now. That looks pretty cool.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.06, 07:08 PM   #8
Bad Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
I am tempted to buy an f1 and covert it now. That looks pretty cool.
This sent me over the edge to order an F1 finally last night. Probably not what Kyosho intended for it, but hey, they still make their money.
Bad Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.07, 02:26 AM   #9
TNB
Pet Human

My NASCAR F1 is up and running. Photos in Gallery TNB, Album F1s & F1 Art, sub-Album F1 Converted... I also made a small lexan cover for the underside and painted the windows black since most Mini-Zs have black windows.

Here is one photo.

Old 2004.08.07, 05:31 AM   #10
Bad Company

Well, how does it handle? Looks like you need a partner to put some doughnuts on the side of that thing....it looks too pretty.
Bad Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.07, 08:53 AM   #11
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
My NASCAR F1 is up and running. Photos in Gallery TNB, Album F1s & F1 Art, sub-Album F1 Converted... I also made a small lexan cover for the underside and painted the windows black since most Mini-Zs have black windows.

Here is one photo.

did you get your body prefinished
Old 2004.08.07, 11:13 AM   #12
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
did you get your body prefinished
No, the kit looked like this when it arrived.

Old 2004.08.07, 11:18 AM   #13
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Company
Well, how does it handle? Looks like you need a partner to put some doughnuts on the side of that thing....it looks too pretty.
Thanks. I'll be trying it out later today, since last night I also broke in a new X-speed, changed the toe-in, added a motor heat sink, and added a roll shock from all the extra option parts I had in my box. Hopefully, it won't come back looking like my 1/4 scale since it does have those doughnuts. But first, I have to work on one of the Overlands. Besides, the LHS isn't open yet and hopefully, there will be a few more locals late this afternoon.
Old 2004.08.07, 12:41 PM   #14
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Your converted F1 looks great, TNB. Looking forward to painting some different bodies myself.

This new Nascar conversion has really got me excited about manufacturing a new Nascar large radius turn for our RCP wide lane and mini tracks. We are working on a 40 inch radius for the standard width tracks and a 60 inch radius for the standard width plus (1) expansion tile tracks. The mini tracks would have a 24 inch radius for the standard mini width and a 36 inch radius for the 3 tile mini width.

CP's is currently working on a 48 inch radius for their RCP nascar track, which should work just fine.

The cutting tools for the large radius rails and tiles, won't take long to make and we should have some product scheduled for manufacturing by the end of August. You will be able to interconnect all the large radius turns straight to your existing tracks, without any modifications. You will be able to create large Ovals or add the big turns to your existiing road track.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.07, 01:13 PM   #15
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
No, the kit looked like this when it arrived.

since i'm not a nascar fan, i tried to find a palce to look for all the available decals sets to choose soemthing that appeals to me but i wasn't able to find them on slixx's site http://www.slixx.com , any idea where i can look?