Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.12.11, 03:23 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
MR-03 VE Pro Reverse

I built a PN 2.5 chassis with the pro ve board and it's always had a hard time getting into reverse, almost as if it isn't sensing returning to neutral. running it in ASF mode btw.

i don't have the programmer nor an android device to use a bluetooth ICS adapter.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.11, 03:54 PM   #2
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

One of the group should have a Euros with the setting adapter. KWT should have the Android deal. In the market for an Android note pad with everything installed? Even has charger and keyboard.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.11, 04:53 PM   #3
arch2b

haven't seen k in months. hasn't worked out so far finding a ve pro compatible programmer on a race day. i'd rather sell off the car really before getting another device to carry around and spend more time tweaking it. i just don't have a lot of time to fiddle with the cars anymore. i'll stick with the brushed cars i already have.
Old 2016.12.11, 05:14 PM   #4
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

My sentiments exactly. They are kind of cute but that doesn't trip my trigger. More for the speed freaks. They would be great for mini drag racing. Use the third channel to trip the chute.
Old 2016.12.11, 08:48 PM   #5
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

If you want I can mail/loan you a Galaxy 5 and my android ics device and you can try fool with it.

Pm me if that floats your boat.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.12, 06:30 AM   #6
arch2b

forgot to note, one of the symptoms has been, when attempting to engage reverse, it often stutters. it will rock back and forth ever so slightly a couple times before either moving in reverse or not moving at all.
Old 2016.12.12, 07:23 AM   #7
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

That sounds like inadequate or just plain low voltage causing the motor to cog.
Old 2016.12.12, 07:59 AM   #8
arch2b

does this with freshly charged cells. I thought that as well but it happens regardless of state of cells.
Old 2016.12.12, 08:22 AM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

That could have something to do with board settings then. Seems there are some power/punch adjustments available. Lower power setting to enhance drivability isn't enough to coerce the thing into reverse due to the higher reverse gear ratio. What pinion/spur is being used? Just for sh1ts and giggles try a smaller pinion and see if it does anything different.
Old 2016.12.12, 12:57 PM   #10
poochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I built a PN 2.5 chassis with the pro ve board and it's always had a hard time getting into reverse, almost as if it isn't sensing returning to neutral. running it in ASF mode btw.

i don't have the programmer nor an android device to use a bluetooth ICS adapter.
Is this board programmable like a regular kyosho ve board? The setting to play with is called "backtim"...

I can do it if u need me to
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.12, 01:08 PM   #11
TeeSquared
Redline

I have the same issue with my original (non pro) VE car. Difficult to get into reverse because the motor cogs like crazy.

Looks like I've got even more reason to buy/build a ICS adaptor!
TeeSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.12, 02:41 PM   #12
byebye

I didn't know you were having this issue. The bluetooth programmer I have works for both brushless ans brushed. I can get you setup next race day.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.12, 02:49 PM   #13
arch2b

remind me next race day... it just sits in my box and forgotten. only came up again because Phoenix was running it for MOD and couldn't get it into reverse or simply wouldn't motor in reverse.
Old 2016.12.12, 08:23 PM   #14
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Sounds silly, but have you tried adjusting trim fwd/rev a little to see if anything changes?
Old 2017.01.01, 06:38 AM   #15
Thotograph

I recall my Uncle's freshly built VE Pro Sauber C9 (controlled by the EX-6) having trouble engaging reverse.

At the time we thought it might've been due to the difference between braking and reversing, and the car/controller mistaking a quick input to reverse as an attempt to decelerate.

I'll talk to him and see if he ever sorted this issue out.
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote