Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.04.14, 12:50 AM   #1
michvin

miniz wheelbase and more silly questions

Hi
I'm thinking about buying mini-z and have several typical newbie questions.
What's the z's wheelbase? I'd like to try to fit 1/24 bodies on the z. I understand it might not work but being a scale modeller you have to try...
Second, which charger of available for bigger scales you guys are using to charge these AAA cells?
I don't need to know basics of charging - i'm not new to r/c after racing Kyosho Inferno for couple of years, just make and model.
Thank you people, any help would be greately appreciated
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 02:01 AM   #2
herman

not sure on exact wheelbase on the z... but you can adopt certain 1/24 scale model bodies on them... for some, you'll have to fabricate your own h plate.... search for "perfect fits"... i think it's a thread that has perfect fit scale models that would fit on the z...

as for the charger... i just use a regular fast charger for aaa's... some guys use high tech chargers like novak etc... but you will have to purchase a battery tray to charge 4 of them together...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 08:29 AM   #3
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

The biggest problem with fitting 1/24 bodies to the Z isn't the wheelbase, that's easily altered, it's the width. Only the most compact of 1/24 model car bodies will fit the stock Z width. You wouldn't want to run to hard or race with a model car body anyways, they are too fragile. MRO2 Enzo wheels widen up a Z a fair amount, but I think you'd still be limited to what bodies will look right. The other problem is the diameter of the wheels, they are on the small size compared to anything but a compact 1/24, so unless you are doing a lowrider.....

I just use the newer Energizer Nihm's (the silver and green cells) and Energizer's 30 minute charger.

David
Old 2004.04.14, 09:24 AM   #4
michvin

Thank you!!!

Thank you people for taking time to reply. It was helpfull for me!
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 10:38 AM   #5
TexasMonster

Send a message via AIM to TexasMonster
also for batteries check out the rayovac ic-3 batteries that are 800 mah and charge in just 15 mins
TexasMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 11:50 AM   #6
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
wheel base is

RM 86 90 94
MM 98 102 106
OL 95 100 105 110 115