Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.11.11, 09:19 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
December 2 2006 GTG

this will be the last hfay gtg for season 2! hopefully i will beable to complete both races....

if you want your cars upgraded to 3010 fets, you'll have to wait until after this gtg to do so. season 3, with fet choices, motor situation pending, and new track layouts, will be exciting! i am hioping we can get all of the dc crew in the top 15 nest season. befoire my drops, i think we are still all in the top 20 for this season.
Old 2006.11.15, 10:30 AM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Misc stuff

A couple of things...

The FET jobs are done.

I am not sure if I'll be at this GTG. I'll know as it gets closer, but it might be better for me to take the drops for this one and spend the entire weekend in PA on the 16th.

AA Batteries are back in stock at www.cheapbatterypacks.com Go to loose cells and check out the 2500 mAh AA batteries for $2 each. I think I am going to pick up a set along with some other misc stuff (wire, deans plugs). The batts are supposed to be good for TX's.

If anyone is interested in some stuff, let me know I can add them to my order.
Old 2006.11.15, 10:41 AM   #3
arch2b

i am open to working around this gtg making it easier for you guys to attend the pa regional. if need be, maybe we all just take the 2 drops for decem?

yes, i would be interested in some things. let me take a look and we can coordinate via email maybe?
Old 2006.11.15, 10:46 AM   #4
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
yes, i would be interested in some things. let me take a look and we can coordinate via email maybe?
I'm not in a rush so take a couple of days if you need to. I'll email you if I don't hear from you by the time I am ready to order.
Old 2006.11.15, 11:08 AM   #5
arch2b

i noticed you can build tx packs. under the build pack options, you can select the tx case as a bundle option. does this mean they come assembled and you simply drop them in as you would the aa tray? if so, how would you charge them?
or, does this just specify an arrangement and you select the appropriate plug? i know the helios has a plug (need to verity) but they sell an optional pack for the tx.

i'm just considering doing a pack vs. loose cells since the only place i use them is in the tx. it may be easier in the end to just charge looses cells?
Old 2006.11.15, 11:16 AM   #6
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
i noticed you can build tx packs. under the build pack options, you can select the tx case as a bundle option. does this mean they come assembled and you simply drop them in as you would the aa tray? if so, how would you charge them?
or, does this just specify an arrangement and you select the appropriate plug? i know the helios has a plug (need to verity) but they sell an optional pack for the tx.

i'm just considering doing a pack vs. loose cells since the only place i use them is in the tx. it may be easier in the end to just charge looses cells?
I think all they do is drop the cells into a TX case and shrink wrap it. If you go that route, the cells are 2.75 each. I think that the helios does have a connector for a TXpack but I don't know what it is. If we could find out what that connector is we could have packs built, get an adaptor to charge the whole pack and be done with it.

Three things though. I would have to bring a separate charger with me if I were going to charge a pack, and you couldn't individually refresh the cells if you needed to and I don't think my pack charger does 8 cells...I think it maxes out at 7...but I am not sure.

The easiest and cheapest thing for me is to just get the cells even though I will only be using them in a tx.
Old 2006.11.16, 12:31 PM   #7
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Well, I'd like to have a shot at the final track if possible, but if everyone else wants to take the drops that's okay. Hopefully I will have a new chassis for my HFAY car by the next race (I think it was a tweak/crack in the chassis causing that binding)...mini-z has them in the next Kyosho order.

Arch: Do you still use JPL tower bars? Would you recommend them? Do you have any recommendations on hotels for the PA regional?

/end 20 questions
Old 2006.11.16, 12:45 PM   #8
arch2b

soy, i still have a jpl tower bar it you would like to try one out. i do like them but i hate cutting up a perfectly good chassis to use it. i typically put them on chassis's that cracked.

if you email imx, he can provide a list of local hotels. there is one very close by but it's on the low end of quality. i was only there to sleep so i didn't really care much. i think it was roughly $75 per night. imagine a depressed coal/heavy industy town and you get a good idea of what reading is like. don't get me wrong, i'm not crapping on their hometown, it's just going thru some tough economic times i think due to shifting industry demands etc. the people i met while there were all very pleasant people though.
Old 2006.11.16, 07:29 PM   #9
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

It's my HFAY chassis that cracked/warped, so I'll probably just be replacing it...though I know The Ringer broke one as well (that clear/blue chassis you sold him). I just wondered, since it seems to be a weak part, perhaps it's worth upgrading (since it's already broken). I doubt it's worth the weight added on an HFAY chassis (perhaps that will change with the new FET/motor rules in HFAY season#3).

I'm pretty certain I've lived in worse places...there is no shortage of economically depressed small towns in this country. I'm primarly interested in price and convenience...if it saves me sleeping in my car in December and I can get a shower to boot, I'm good to go. I'll email imxlr8d as well, if only for an address.
Old 2006.11.16, 09:31 PM   #10
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Soy, let me know what you come up with. I too would not like to sleep in my car, or your car, or Arch's car. If I get some time I'll look out too and let you know if I come up with anything.

Any word on the schedule yet?
Old 2006.11.16, 09:38 PM   #11
arch2b

i suggest we email imx about possibly having the hfay track up as well. we could always squeeze in our hfay runs during down time.

i am for skipping dec. dc racing for racing in pa. it seems that would work best for everyone.

the hotel i stayed in was about a 5 min. drive from where we raced last time. well, the last time it was at the park facility. when it was at the gym, there was a nice hotel right in the downtown that was very nice. had wifi access and everything. if anyone wants to share a room, i'm game. so long as b can watch cartoons anyway....

i would not sleep in my car for any reason, we are all way past that age where we could get away with that without suffering afterward.
Old 2006.11.17, 06:38 AM   #12
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
the hotel i stayed in was about a 5 min. drive from where we raced last time. well, the last time it was at the park facility. when it was at the gym, there was a nice hotel right in the downtown that was very nice. had wifi access and everything. if anyone wants to share a room, i'm game. so long as b can watch cartoons anyway....
I would split a room with you Arch...and cartoons are fine
Old 2006.11.17, 09:58 AM   #13
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I'm not really bothered about how the room situation works out (though my wife is pestering me to make a reservation ), I figured with 5 of us we would probably end up with least two rooms anyway. And I have a 3 year old...I watch a lot of cartoons.

If you guys still want to carpool I can bring along a portable DVD player (to keep b occupied). I also might leave a seat out of the van to give us more room for equipment (though I could always leave any spare seats at your place if needed as well).

The HFAY idea is a good one, it might soak up some of the down time if we are there for nearly two full days. I wouldn't mind knowing a schedule either...it will give us an idea of when to leave on Sat., and if The Ringer and Spoon are going to be driving into the wee hours of the night on Sun.
Old 2006.11.18, 08:22 AM   #14
arch2b

fyi, i found a spare tool box and will be picking up some switches and fans this box should carry my power supply, all my chargers and soldering supplies/gear and is still half the size of my pit box.
Old 2006.11.18, 01:16 PM   #15
arch2b

i started a thread jsut for the pit box projects... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...920#post243920

i have a couple questions if anyone has the time to browse
Closed Thread