Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.01, 12:38 PM   #61
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070
I wouldn't say "ringtones" it more like an alert you know. When you turn on the radio or new lap time. It sounds like polyphonic ringtone i guess (polyphonic is the right term correct??) but not mp3's. More like Super Mario Brothers on an old school NES . If it did play Mp3's, man that would be amazing!! I'd be carrying around a Helios instead of a iPod. hahaha.
That's what I thought. Ko Propo calls them "ring tones" on their web site

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.01, 01:13 PM   #62
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Yea, is a ring tone. There are alerts that can be assigned ring tones. Some of them are, Battary warning, timer count down, The radio has been sitting idle, etc....

But you can configure the ring tone to be anything you like. You can also download them from the KO web site.

Sorry for any confustion. It took me a while to figure out what the manual was trying to say.

Still, it's kind of cool.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 07:11 PM   #63
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I ordered the Airtronics MX-A. I am going to test it with my Z's and Mini-X (2PL does not work with Mini-X). If the Airtronics works well with the Z's and actually works with the X, then I will probably switch over to that since it has more model memories and ARC.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 07:16 PM   #64
Dog boy Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
I ordered the Airtronics MX-A. I am going to test it with my Z's and Mini-X (2PL does not work with Mini-X). If the Airtronics works well with the Z's and actually works with the X, then I will probably switch over to that since it has more model memories and ARC.
EMU,
I love my airtronics. For the money, I would definetly buy it again.
Dog boy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 07:19 PM   #65
EMU
EMUracing

Which one do you have? The MX-A? Someone at my track uses the M8... But thats about it for the Airtronics TX's here. Most use either stock, 2PL, 3PK or Helios.
Old 2006.03.12, 08:33 AM   #66
Dog boy Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Which one do you have? The MX-A? Someone at my track uses the M8... But thats about it for the Airtronics TX's here. Most use either stock, 2PL, 3PK or Helios.
I have the MX-A. $50 delivered from Tower. I like the feel and you can adjust the throttle and steering response curve. That was the function that sold it to me instead of the 2PL. Several people here on the forum run it and they all told me they would pick it above the 2pl. I have never used the 2PL but I have held them at the LHS and I like the feel of the MXA better. For a 50 dollar upgrade, its well worth it. NO Doubt at all on that one.
Dog boy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.12, 02:42 PM   #67
EMU
EMUracing

Good, so I have something to look forward to Ill let you guys know how I like it compared to the 2PL.
Old 2006.03.12, 04:43 PM   #68
SuperFly
bitPimp

I just finished my first day of driving with a new MX-A, and I really like it. I'm moving up from the iWaver digital TX, and the MX-A is much nicer. I don't really think the interface, buttons or programming is that much of an improvement, but the quality and feel is much better, and the throttle ARC control is a must for fetted or turbo cars. You can tune the controller to the characteristics of the motor and pinion you're running, and allows much greater control. I wish I could use letters to define individual cars instead of "1", "2", etc., but that's not that big of a deal. Thumbs up on the MX-A
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.17, 10:42 AM   #69
EMU
EMUracing

I havent raced with my MX-A yet, but I like the general feel better than the 2PL. Also as a plus, it works with my Mini-X. I do like the fact that the throttle position is adjustable Overall impression is better than the 2PL was after moving up from the Iwaver TX (garbage).

The cons so far are as stated above, you cannot name the model, and the grip is a little longer than I would like (I have fairly small hands).
Old 2006.07.09, 02:04 PM   #70
frog racer

I am looking to purchase a new top of the line transmitter (with modules) and would like to use with both my Mini-Z AWD and my RC18T. My RC18T is on FM while the Mini-Z is on stock AM.

I do not mind purchasing two modules for the transmitter but I do not know which to purchase the M11 or the latest Futaba 3PK-S or other that you may recommend.

If I purchase either the M11 or 3PK-S which modules do I need to purchase? If I end up switching my 18T to spectrum I will purchase an additional module. Will both the M11 and 3PK run on spectrum?

Is the EX-10 Helios also based on Modules to change the base frequency? I see on their site they have a mini-z module shown next to the transmitter but I see no reference to modules on the EX-10 page. If I purchase the mini-z helios will I be able to run FM on this radio too?

I am really more concerned with what I need to purchase to make my Mini-Z work.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited by frog racer; 2006.07.09 at 02:16 PM.
frog racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.09, 06:45 PM   #71
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

With the Helios, you can change frequecies, AM-FM or even spektrum, by changing the modules.

The Helios set with the Mini-Z module is just that, a Helios with a Mini-Z module . You can still buy an FM module and switch it so you can use your RC18T.
Old 2006.07.09, 07:02 PM   #72
frog racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070
With the Helios, you can change frequecies, AM-FM or even spektrum, by changing the modules.

The Helios set with the Mini-Z module is just that, a Helios with a Mini-Z module . You can still buy an FM module and switch it so you can use your RC18T.

That sounds good. Which would you recommend of the three that I listed?
frog racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.09, 07:20 PM   #73
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

I only have the Helios, but all of them are good Radios. Pretty much it depends on budget and adaptability for the user. Any one of them should be good for the applications you asked.