Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.12.13, 01:04 PM   #1
pedrolf
Mini-Z Novice

Rally Car Questions...Help!!!! =D

Hi ,I am a rookie and I dont know much about R/C cars , I know a little bit about mini-z´s , but Im more attracted to Gas Powered Rally cars. I was looking the other day at the Kyosho GP TR-15 Subaru Imprezza , and the Landmax2 GS21R Subaru Imprezza. I thought they were the same...but they turned out to be different. I have lots of questions , and would like it for all of you to give me a hand please....

* Whats the difference between these two cars?
* How much run time can I get with a 125 cc fuel tank , having a stock GP motor?
* Are GP cars noisy...if so , how noisy?
* Are these cars good for beginners?
* How fast can the GS21R and TR-15 engines go?
* Waht is a Nitro Additive? How often do you use it?
*Can you fit a bigger fuel tank into the Landmax 2?
* What happens if I put gasoline instead of glow fuel into the car?
* What is the Strongest GP Engine compatible w/ the car?

These are just some questions I have in the meantime ....THanks all
pedrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.13, 01:26 PM   #2
nitrotraxx99
Mini-Z Pro

If you use gas, nothing will happen. the car won't run.
nitrotraxx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.13, 08:04 PM   #3
Maxxcrazy
Rock Crawler

Re: Rally Car Questions...Help!!!! =D

* Whats the difference between these two cars?

The Landmax is 1/8th scale and the TR15 is 1/10th scale, making the Landmax bigger. The Landmax also has a higher displacment engine making it faster. The TR15 is better for beginners though

* How much run time can I get with a 125 cc fuel tank , having a stock GP motor?

Run time can be anywhere between 8 and 15 minutes

* Are GP cars noisy...if so , how noisy?

Yes they are noisy, Think of a riced out honda with a huge exhuast revving its engine. Thats sort of like the sound, only its like a WEEEEEE.

* Are these cars good for beginners?

The TR15 is great for beginners, the landmax is more complicated though.

* How fast can the GS21R and TR-15 engines go?

The TR15 will get you to maybe 20-28mph, while the landmax is around 30-35

* Waht is a Nitro Additive? How often do you use it?

I'm not a nitro guy, can't answer that one

*Can you fit a bigger fuel tank into the Landmax 2?

Unless you can't hand make custom tank mounts, no

* What happens if I put gasoline instead of glow fuel into the car?

You need Nitro fuel (nitromethane), if you use gas, it will run but performence will suffer a lot and your engine will only last a few runs.

* What is the Strongest GP Engine compatible w/ the car?

The TR15, you can get any .15 sized engine. A OS .15 CRVX is good and very fast. An OS .21RGX would be good in the landmax. But, those are down the road items, if you're new, you don't want to be blazing down the street at 45mph and not be able to drive correctly. Stick with the stock motor while you learn hwo to drive and learn all about your car, then you can get a bigger engine or mess with the gearing.
Old 2003.12.13, 08:26 PM   #4

if u play with the compression it will run albeit poorly on gasoline but full throttle would equal idle rpms because glow fuel is such a stronger fuel

they are kinda noisy but easily talked over at low rpms its when u hit the power band around 20,000rpms that they get noisy when they get up there they can be heard .25 mile away but low rpms where it dont make any high pitched noises it is quieter than the average lawn mower all that noise comes from the carb its stuffing around 75cfm of air thru a 5mm hole at rather high speeds its gonna make some racket these engines need all that air because they can crank out 40,000rpm redlines on most race motors and around 35,000rpm redline for most sport motors they problem is they havew so much power they have no problem hitting 50,000rpms with no load then promptly breaking the conrod the engine needs that part to run

these engines have alot of power some $500 big block race engines have 3hp that much power stock in an rtr is as real as santa clause but with the right parts and $500 u can stuff the power in the landmax2 and the engine itself will bolt right in with the right flywheel and they do exist i dont think either of us could control that much power tho

i run a 75cc tank on a .16 for about 7min rich as i run average is 10min per tank the thing nitro has goin for it over electric is as long as the engine stays running the car will move when throttle is applied the limiter is the reciever batteries if they go out it could runaway running away is worse than it sounds u dont have a chance in hell of catching a runaway 45mph nitro car will a full fuel tank till it runs dry or hits something the bad part about that is they usually hit something and to stop that car it needs to be hard as a result the car take damage up the wazoo sometimes costing enuff to buy a new car in repair parts(and labor depending if u do it or not)plus runaways are hard on engines and wallets to minimize the chance of a runaway follow my checklist i do whenever i start mine altho i own a CEN it is the same id u own a nitro rc car[list=1][*]glow system check[*]radio check[*]fill fuel tank and take car radio and glostarter outside(assuming a pullstart equipped engine power said car[*]radio check[*]plug exhaust pipe with finger and crank the engine till fuel hits the carb crank it one more pop and let the pipe go[*]final radio check this is the point of no return once the engine starts u half to run it dry to keep it from rusting internally over time note this dont happen in 10 min it takes a week to begin and glow fuel contains the hydroscopic fuel methanol dont leave methanol where water in any phase could get to it water odnt compress or burn [*]attach glo starter to glo plug and pull pullstarter 6-12'' per pull untill engine starts it helps to hold 25% throttle[*]once engine starts allow pullstart to recoil and place car on ground[*]enjoy driving and make sure to make pitstops every 5-9min depending on tune untill fuel bottle is empty run the remainder of the tank thru the engine and let it run out of gas[/list=1]