Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.12.28, 02:00 AM   #1
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

What are the best parts money can buy?

Alright, I have A LOT of money to spend ($441.56 USD to be exact) and I want to know what parts are the best. Can somone tell me the best suspension, tires, motor, etc. Give me a run down from bumper to bumper of all the parts I need for the best racer out there.

Also, what parts break the most? Should I get alloy parts instead of plastic or will that weigh the car down too much? Just list your dream car with all the parts and that is probally what I will buy. Any help would be great!
DavidDeLaurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.28, 04:20 AM   #2
pianoman
www.mini-zracer.com/shop/

Hi David. With that kind of cash here is what I would do. I would buy 2 or 3 cars and invite my friends over to race against. You could buy 2 cars and hop them up pretty good...on for show and one for go.

Or you could just have someone professionally alter your car to go like 60 miles an hour which would probably break when it hit the first leaf it encountered (that is so fast)!

I tend to buy more than one car so I can race my buddies. You could buy 3 racers, batteries, and a couple of chargers, tires, and replacement parts to race all winter long baby!!!

I doubt that this is the answer you wanted but it's what I do!

Other than that,

A ball differential, A Z-130-A-BB motor http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=363, some alloy wheels, heck there is so much stuff.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum...there are some really nice people that post here all of the time and the host(s) are nice as well.

Pianoman
Old 2002.12.28, 08:18 AM   #3
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Simultaneously in this order...

SPEED
- Soft, grippy tires
- Motor upgrade, non-turbo
- Bearings
- FET upgrade
- Turbo upgrade motor

HANDLING
- Shorten the front springs of your choice (clip).
- Ball Diff
- CF O-plate
- Oil damper
- Toe-in tie bar

The rest is flash.

Some people say handling before speed. It's up to you, either way, say good bye to the mirrors.

edit: Parts that break right away... Servo Gears; Susp. Plates; Maybe the Tie Rod.

Last edited by Ken Mifune; 2002.12.28 at 08:21 AM.
Ken Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.28, 09:54 AM   #4
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

Painoman:

I was thinking of buying two cars and now that you have mentioned it, I have stronger feelings towards getting two. If I get two cars that will drop me in the hole $200 bucks (I think three it a little too much for me right now)

Ken:

What could I get that I need for a hundred thirty more?I don't want to spend all my money, but I might, if needed. I want to buy parts that may break, then add speed and handling to my car. Would I need diff pinion gears or does the car come with a set of em? Can you tell me what comes with the car if I bought one (Tx, parts, etc...)?

Also , Ken, when you said:

"Simultaneously in this order..."

SPEED
- Soft, grippy tires
- Motor upgrade, non-turbo
- Bearings
- FET upgrade
- Turbo upgrade motor

HANDLING
- Shorten the front springs of your choice (clip).
- Ball Diff
- CF O-plate
- Oil damper
- Toe-in tie bar

did you mean for me to buy soft, grippy tires and shorten the springs as my first mod to it then later do a motor upgrade and get a ball diff and so on and so on? Could I just go ahead and get all of it or do some parts replace others because they are better? Could you lits the parts for the best handling and best speed?

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you both for some great insight on this matter. You both have helped me very much and have allowed me to make better decisions on how I sould spend my money. You two have been very kind to a nOOb like me and I hope this kindness will continue in the days to come.

Thanks in advance,

David N. DeLaurier
Old 2002.12.28, 09:58 AM   #5
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

Sorry for not remembering to ask this in my second post. Which company should I buy from (i.e. GPM, TOPCAD, etc...) I need a good product with good, english instlation instructions. I want the best for my car and I hope I can get it.

EDIT: Oooohhh, the edit button, I did not see that before. Also, if I buy two or three cars, how do they work togeather on the same frequency? I know this can not work unless you change the band or somthing to that nature. I want to be able to race in tandem with my friends, not in a time trial.

Last edited by DavidDeLaurier; 2002.12.28 at 10:01 AM.
Old 2002.12.28, 12:40 PM   #6
DOHCrazy

Send a message via ICQ to DOHCrazy Send a message via AIM to DOHCrazy Send a message via Yahoo to DOHCrazy
in the US there are 6 frequencys u can run on... 12 if on the other side of the world... with 3 cars jsut make sure your all on different frequencys and u shoudl have no problem!
DOHCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.28, 12:53 PM   #7
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

how do you know which frequency you have? Can you change the frequency? I heard somthing about crystals and frequency, what it this all about?

Thanks!
Old 2002.12.28, 01:17 PM   #8
DOHCrazy

Send a message via ICQ to DOHCrazy Send a message via AIM to DOHCrazy Send a message via Yahoo to DOHCrazy
The crystal is the actuall thing u can hold in your hand that goes in your radio and your car. The frequecy is the thing u cant see that goes from the radio to your car. the same frequencys cant drive at the same time but different ones can. Ive said before, That once u actually get yoru car where u can look at it... This will aall make MUCH more since. Take your time so u dont buy anythign youll end up not using later on!
Old 2002.12.28, 02:06 PM   #9
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

I know what a frequency is, I just want to know how you know which one you order. Is the crystal the thing that sets the band? What does the crystal DO.
Old 2002.12.28, 07:11 PM   #10
mini-zfuel
F1 Perfectionist

david, most places you cant specify frequency... luck of the draw man... as for the BEST parts... thats subjective, but I can tell you for the money you will save plus QUALITY built... powerline is the way to go for ALL your upgrades... as long as you like purple... I love their stuff, and have had NO issues yet, btw mzr.com (dave) is another source for some real high quality EXCLUSIVE parts... ie: cfo plate,dry bearings,motors etc... check out the shop here man you will find he carries only the best...
Ryan P
mini-zfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.12.28, 09:25 PM   #11
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

WoooooHooooo!!!!!!

I have GREAT news. I can get all the parts I listed above for almost 1/4th the price! My best friend in Japan called me on the phone about two hours ago. He told me that he was going to visit the US in a few days and wanted to know if he could stay at my house. Of course I said yes because I have not seen him in over a year! You are probally wondering how this relates to Mini-z's so here it is. He is into Mini-z's too and when I told him that I would give him $400 USD to buy all the parts I needed he said he could get them for around $120 USD!!! He is going to go out and buy me everything I need. This is great news because I did NOT want to spend $400 bucks on all of this stuff.

He is going to get to my house on Wednesday of next week because he is going to visit some relatives on Tuesday in Atlanta first. We are going to race on my track (which is yet to be built so I better hurry up) all week with his cars and my new ones!

I may be able to get him to buy parts for people on this board if I can get a hold of him before he leaves for the US. Post what you want and I will see what I can do for you.
Old 2002.12.28, 10:34 PM   #12
DOHCrazy

hehe sweet...

I need a PN-S01 or S02(doesnt matter) and a squat BB can. And soem Blue alloy battery clips! Some Blue lock nuts and a Clear chassis. Email me or post if u can really get the hook-up!
Old 2002.12.29, 12:06 AM   #13
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

I am going to call him tomorrow. I do not know when he is leaving for the US. The main reason he his coming here is for buisness, but he is going to come to my house for a little R/C fun (along with drinking, partys and all the UGA night life.)

I will try and get prices to you on these items ASAP if I can get a hold of him. I will probally get him around 12 o clock sunday (New York Time Zone). I will post answers tomorrow.
Old 2002.12.29, 01:53 PM   #14
DavidDeLaurier
55 Degree Films

Sorry...

He left early this morning so I did not get a hold of him before he left. I will try and get him to buy parts the next time he visits me. I will tell you when he is planning to visit. (maybe around July 4th, who knows)
Old 2002.12.29, 05:45 PM   #15
DOHCrazy

its all good man! thanx alot for tryin though!

ide wait till july but im going to hong kong in early june!