Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.02.01, 07:08 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
R10 Carbon Rims

GL Racing is working on carbon reinforced plastic wheels for AWD.

Per discussion with GL, no immediate plans for 2WD wheels.

from their social media page...linked to from their main website
Quote:
Welcome to the next evolution of Mini-z rims, the GL carbon rim. World Mini-Z champion Menson has been racing Mini-Z for years, and he recently left Atomic RC and founded his own line of products, GL-racing, and the best way to start is to reinvent the wheel!!
For years, we have plastic rims, and alloy rims, alloys look great, but are heavy and don't offer enough flex to absorb vibrations, as a result, like a stiff chassis, the car end up heavy and with less grip. Not to mention that alloy wheels are very expensive, so not very practical for racing. On the other hand, plastic rims offer light weight, good grip, but not such good looks, but for racers, performance is most important, so they have been the main choice for most racers, plus they are also quite cheap, so racers can keep opening new ones for consistent performance.
Then we have the machine cut Derlin or plastic rims, these offer light weight, machine cut precision, but are often too soft and also quite expensive.
Now, GL offers the carbon rims, they are made with a plastic re-enforced by carbon, look realistic, much harder than ordinary plastic, this translates to consistent and smooth cornering, but still offer good flex unlike alloys, these rims are also machine cut, offering perfect roundness and symmetry right when you open the packaging. We belief these rims are the very best rims money can buy, and should set a new standard for Mini-Z racing.
Yes, we are working on RWD versions, for now, enjoy upgrading your AWDs first!
In summary:
- Best material, best design, best manufacturing process
- Multi-spoke design with even support for the rim surface
- Much harder than plastic but still flexes for vibrations
- Light weight, just a little heavier than plastic
- Machine cut precision, yes, a round rim helps!
We are still setting up our online-store, please ask distributors to contact us to get some stock: contact@gl-racing.com
P.S. We are still working on GL packaging, so the first batch may feature GoGoLap packaging, we'll ship with GL packaging ASAP
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.05, 07:24 PM   #2
NYCislander

RLRacing Wheels AWD

Hi Mini Z racers

I recently got a set it took 8 days to arrive to me and I am very happy with them I will post pictures on my setup soon! There customer service was great I talk to them via FB. They also included decals If anybody wants a set of decals please let me know PM me!
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.05, 07:35 PM   #3
NYCislander

Don't know how to post picture yet sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCislander View Post
Hi Mini Z racers

I recently got a set it took 8 days to arrive to me and I am very happy with them I will post pictures on my setup soon! There customer service was great I talk to them via FB. They also included decals If anybody wants a set of decals please let me know PM me!

http://imgur.com/a/svOss
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote