Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.03, 10:32 AM   #1
MiniMikeD

where to buy wheels, tires, bodies?

Hi all, haven't been around in a while, but wanted to start modding my MZM. I found a website about 2 months ago that had some really wild bodies for the MZM (Escalade, Ram, Hummer, F-150, etc) these appeared to be simple replacement bodies with built in mounts and everything, but the problem is ... I cant find the website anymore and I dont remember the name. Anyone know what these are ??

Next, REALLY want to buy aluminum rims ... where is the best place to buy these online and who has the biggest selection?? Would like tires too!

Any help would be appreciated.

I also just picked up 2 SSMT. They are on sale thru today 12/03 at TRU for 14.95!! So far, great fun with this cheap little truck. I used the high speed motor from the upgrade kit with the green pinion. Red pinion had no torque at all. Got the spare for parts as I would like to convert that to full propo like I've seen on this site.

Great site and great info as usual, thanks guys!
Mike
MiniMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 02:23 PM   #2
james399

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMikeD
Hi all, haven't been around in a while, but wanted to start modding my MZM. I found a website about 2 months ago that had some really wild bodies for the MZM (Escalade, Ram, Hummer, F-150, etc) these appeared to be simple replacement bodies with built in mounts and everything, but the problem is ... I cant find the website anymore and I dont remember the name. Anyone know what these are ??

Next, REALLY want to buy aluminum rims ... where is the best place to buy these online and who has the biggest selection?? Would like tires too!

Any help would be appreciated.

I also just picked up 2 SSMT. They are on sale thru today 12/03 at TRU for 14.95!! So far, great fun with this cheap little truck. I used the high speed motor from the upgrade kit with the green pinion. Red pinion had no torque at all. Got the spare for parts as I would like to convert that to full propo like I've seen on this site.

Great site and great info as usual, thanks guys!
Mike
if you find that website for the bodies for the mzm let us all know... but
i believe DB racing makes certain lexan bodies for the monster that come with clips if you want, also if you check the galleries a lot of people use OL autoscale bodies and fit them onto their monsters... the other thing to do is make your own, buy some models and attach the clips on em...

as for the wheels and tires, you can try the bay, the shop here also has a lot of wheels and tires in stock as well...unfortunately there aren't that many pictures...

hope that helps

-james
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 05:44 PM   #3
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Wheels

Tires, you may have to scroll down.

For the wheels and tires the http://shop.tinyrc.com/ has been a very good choice for alloy 3racing, GPM, and AVM Monster wheels. A good selection for the tires too, both GPM and Kyosho tires with different tread patterns. I lean toward the Kyosho tires myself as they seem to work best. The shop has added some pictures for the wheels.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2005.12.03 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added links.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.04, 03:12 AM   #4
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
I do make a selection of light weight bodies to fit the MZM and SSMT.
I am also a big fan of the alloy wheels for the MZM, got to have the right tires and wheels for the full effect and performance...

This is my MZM with GPM six spoke wheels and Topcad tires, traction for the rear, ribbed for the front, gives it the buggy look I was going for.

This is my SSMT24/MS with 1/18th scale LosiMini-Smasher tires, they really beefed up this truck....The 23 window VW is not available for sale yet, this is only a prototype body at this point.

This is the 70's VW body that is available, done up in "Herbie" paint on MZM with SSMT wheels

and in the "General Flea" paint on a SSMT

also comes as a blank if you like to do your own paint and trim

"Digger" also as a blank

"Digger" painted in digger style theme (Paint not available at this time) on MZM

"Tahoe" as a blank

The "Tahoe" works very well on a full modded SSMT

Just to give you a quick peek at whats available

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote