Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.05.13, 10:29 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Lightbulb Custom Championship Setup Assistance

I had a tutorial session with Mike K., thanks for your time and help , however there are some aspects that were not fully known. i'm hoping i can get some assistance in creating a championship setup that i can import or open on our track computer to run HFAY for seasons 14 starting in July.

here are the parameters:
practice session, we run open practice for anyone up until we decide to start qualifiers. i really like that zround will not count a short lap if someone gets hung up under the bridge. what, if any means is there however to delete a fast lap in practice session?

qualifying heats, we determine main placement by fast lap. we do this in 2 open sessions of 10 minute qualifying. a driver can pick which session they want to use but cannot run in both. they get 10 minutes in a single session.

mains, these are sorted by qualifier fast laps as described above. nothing fancy here, just 8 minute timed race with everyone starting at the tone. no staggered starts in HFAY mains. we often do bump ups due to attendance numbers. i have no problem making this the standard for all mains if it has to be all or nothing. i'd rather do bumps for all than deal with more drivers than optimal in mains. we keep A main to 3 always. we prefer to keep others to 3 and use bumps as well but some times we do end up with 4 due to attendance numbers.

i have until July to get this setup and comfortable in managing. i'm hoping this won't take that long though.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.13, 07:03 PM   #2
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I had a tutorial session with Mike K., thanks for your time and help , however there are some aspects that were not fully known. i'm hoping i can get some assistance in creating a championship setup that i can import or open on our track computer to run HFAY for seasons 14 starting in July.

here are the parameters:
practice session, we run open practice for anyone up until we decide to start qualifiers. i really like that zround will not count a short lap if someone gets hung up under the bridge. what, if any means is there however to delete a fast lap in practice session?
You can delete/split laps. Use the left mouse button on the affected lap (in the lap times panel) and choose the option in the context menu.

If you "split" a lap, an additional lap will be created dividing the wrong lap time by 2
If you "remove" a lap, the lap will be erased and the lap time will be added to the next one.

Quote:
qualifying heats, we determine main placement by fast lap. we do this in 2 open sessions of 10 minute qualifying. a driver can pick which session they want to use but cannot run in both. they get 10 minutes in a single session.
As you have a single qualify/round you can use the "Heats and Mains" race format.

* Prequalify run: You don't need it. It is used when you have a lot of racers and you want to sort heats based on the "unkown" racer's skills
* Qualifying Heats:
Rounds by Heat: 1
Drivers by Heat: XXX (depends on the people running, if you have 8 racers and set the value to 4 you will generate two heats)
Qualifying mode: Best Time
Duration: Time - 10 min
Start mode: Staggered

Usually it is good for racers to run with people with similar skills. The system uses the racer's ranking to sort the heats. If the ranking is "0" the system uses the inscription order. There are some predefined rankings you can use, for example, you can set a "random" ranking so heats have a random sort.

You can override the automatic heat configuration, even to build it from scratch by setting the heat you want to put the driver in into the inscription form. Also it can be done by moving the racer from one heat to another by using drag & drop in the race tree (see demo on http:/www.zround.com/image/Heats_Drag_n_Drop.wmv).

Quote:
mains, these are sorted by qualifier fast laps as described above. nothing fancy here, just 8 minute timed race with everyone starting at the tone. no staggered starts in HFAY mains. we often do bump ups due to attendance numbers. i have no problem making this the standard for all mains if it has to be all or nothing. i'd rather do bumps for all than deal with more drivers than optimal in mains. we keep A main to 3 always. we prefer to keep others to 3 and use bumps as well but some times we do end up with 4 due to attendance numbers.
After the 10min Heat A and B are completed, you can see the sort if you select the "Qualifying heats" node on the race tree. The "Generate Mains" button will be enabled which allows you to prepare the mains according the configuration.

Please read the Quick Start Guide a detailed explanation and example.

If the distribution is not according your needs, you can change it. You only need to select the racer you want to move to other main and use the left mouse button, a context menu will be shown with the "Move to final" submenu and all the available mains as destination (as shown in the video tutorial #2).

* Mains
Drivers by Main: XXX (The yellow question mark at right allows you to simulate how the main will be created)
Rounds by Main: 1
Start Mode: Le Mans
Duration: Time - 8 min
Number of drivers pumped up: ? (it depends on you).

Quote:
i have until July to get this setup and comfortable in managing. i'm hoping this won't take that long though.
I'm sure you only need to play a bit with it. I can send you screenshots but I prefer to use the e-mail. Let me know if you need further details.

Best regards,

Jesus.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.11, 10:14 PM   #3
arch2b

i've setup as best as i understand it. is it possible i could email the file or attach here if possible for review? if so, where do i find the saved configuration?
Old 2012.07.16, 12:54 PM   #4
arch2b

well, i followed the setup as best as i could and for the most part it was error free which was nice.

i had a last minute entry after 1 qualifier was run which threw me for a loop as i couldn't figure out how to get him into the last qualifier so i just added the driver and was included in sorting of the mains.

bumping a drive gave me varied results, none of which was ideal for us. first attempt set bump to 1 and 1 bumped up from c-b, b-a. issue was, i set min. drivers to 3 as we need a min. of 3 to race. this put 3 in and 1 bump up making it 4. if i set the min. to 2, we get mains a-e with 2 each which doesn't work.
the 2nd race the bumps worked differently, only bumping from b-a and not from c-b, b-a. not sure why that happened?

here is what i need or would like to do:
a main, 2 set drivers with bump from main below
b-z main, 3 set drivers with bump from main below

or, when attendance is low

b-y main, 2 set drivers with bump from main below
z main, min. 3 drivers with bump to main above

how do i configure this to happen? or do i need to manually adjust everything every time?

also need to confirm how zround treats the last lap. core would could the last uncompleted lap after the horn as you crossed the finish. i believe zround just cuts everyone off at the horn regardless of where you are on the track? if this is so, all our lap counts are off by 1 based on our years of racing with core. i could be wrong, i just don't know for sure.

also,
how do i export this championship configuration to other computers?
i set the number of races in the championship to 10 (2 per month for 5 months). i'm assuming that at the end of the season, or anytime during the season i can then print championship results?

Last edited by arch2b; 2012.07.16 at 01:54 PM.
Old 2012.07.20, 05:42 PM   #5
zround

I'm sorry, I've been "disconnected" for days and I haven't seen your message until now.
Let me read it carefully to give you a detailed answer asap.

Regards,

Jesus.
Old 2012.07.20, 06:12 PM   #6
arch2b

No worries, thank you for taking the time to help.

I have not figured out the drag and drop feature to make manual changes to drivers assigned to heats/mains either. I manually assigned a ranking to get them to sort the way i wanted.
Old 2012.07.22, 01:37 PM   #7
zround

Quote:
well, i followed the setup as best as i could and for the most part it was error free which was nice.

i had a last minute entry after 1 qualifier was run which threw me for a loop as i couldn't figure out how to get him into the last qualifier so i just added the driver and was included in sorting of the mains.
You can put the racer in the heat you want editing the Qualify field (marked in red) in the inscription form. The value means the heat the racer belongs to (1=A, 2=B, ...)
In the example "Carlos" will run on heat B (2)

It is usual people arriving late, even after first round is complete. You can register the driver and place him on the heat you want by setting the "Q" field.

Note: You have up to 4 qualifies session. A new Qualify is started when a resort is needed (moving racers into different heats according the results). It is only used in PN-Racing format.
Quote:
bumping a drive gave me varied results, none of which was ideal for us. first attempt set bump to 1 and 1 bumped up from c-b, b-a. issue was, i set min. drivers to 3 as we need a min. of 3 to race. this put 3 in and 1 bump up making it 4. if i set the min. to 2, we get mains a-e with 2 each which doesn't work.
the 2nd race the bumps worked differently, only bumping from b-a and not from c-b, b-a. not sure why that happened?

here is what i need or would like to do:
b-z main, 3 set drivers with bump from main below

or, when attendance is low

b-y main, 2 set drivers with bump from main below
z main, min. 3 drivers with bump to main above

how do i configure this to happen? or do i need to manually adjust everything every time?
The number of drivers by main controls how many mains must be run as “total drivers”/”drivers by main” division. In contrast with qualifying heats the lasts drivers (the division module will give the total count) fill the last Final group. If this value in less than “min. drivers by final” parameter then all of them will be drive the previous one Final.

For your "normal" races you must do some manual work as the system automatically set the same number of racers for a-y and adjust up to the total inscriptions in z.

But for your "low attendance" races these settings should work.
Drivers by main: 2
Min drivers in main: 2
It will organize the mains in groups of two racers and, if they are odd then the last will have three people.

Quote:
also need to confirm how zround treats the last lap. core would could the last uncompleted lap after the horn as you crossed the finish. i believe zround just cuts everyone off at the horn regardless of where you are on the track? if this is so, all our lap counts are off by 1 based on our years of racing with core. i could be wrong, i just don't know for sure.
It depends on how long they take to complete the last lap. Once the time is gone, the racers have their clock still counting until the "max. time to complete the last lap" is reached. The parameter is defined in the "training" page but it is applied to all runs (practice, heats and mains).

Example:
Race duration: 5min
Max. time to complete last lap: 10sec.

Car 1: Cross the finish line on 5:09 -> The last lap will count and his total time will be 5:09
Car 2: Cross the finish line on 5:13 -> The last lap won't count and his total time will be the time he cross the line for the last valid time.

I use to setup the "max. time" twice the min lap time.

Quote:
also,
how do i export this championship configuration to other computers?
i set the number of races in the championship to 10 (2 per month for 5 months). i'm assuming that at the end of the season, or anytime during the season i can then print championship results?
On Win7, all information is saved into the "Datos" folder under "c:\users\public\documents\zround" on a typical installation. If you setup zround on a custom folder the search for the "datos" folder there.

You only need to copy the "Datos" folder to any computer you want to have the data ready to use (configuration and results). Don't forget to rename the "datos" folder before on the new computer to prevent to loose the local data if it exists.

I hope it helps. Best regards,

Jesus.
Old 2012.07.22, 02:27 PM   #8
arch2b

thanks for the tip on adding drivers after heats have started. that will be used a lot i'm sure as someone always enters late.

for high attendance i will need to adjust manually, understood. i just want to make sure i still get the bump up correct with the shuffle of drivers.
for low attendance, run as setup, understood. this works fine provided there are an odd number so that the 1st main run always has a min. 3 drivers. no matter what, i need to have 3 drivers in the mains at minimum.

understood on the final lap. i believe i had the time to finish set to low thus the last couple drivers didn't get last lap counted awhile ago. it wasn't a problem this last time as i set it to 20 seconds or something like that.

overall, once i get passed the language conversion barrier, it seems very straight forward. some of the command names are not as intuitive as easier to use software is but understood when all is translated to various languages

not all buttons have hover titles, is that meant to be? i can hover over some buttons to find out what they are but many do not tell you. for example, the bullhorn button has hover text but the rest of the bullhorn icons do not.

one problem we had last weekend,
when trying to start a main, it would not allow it to start saying drivers did not have a frequency however it was set to 0 indicating it was 2.4ghz. i had to open each driver and assign a random number before it would allow me to send the main to the race manager. how do i avoid this in the future?
Old 2012.07.22, 04:08 PM   #9
zround

Quote:
thanks for the tip on adding drivers after heats have started. that will be used a lot i'm sure as someone always enters late.

for high attendance i will need to adjust manually, understood. i just want to make sure i still get the bump up correct with the shuffle of drivers.
Yes, the bump up should work. I use to introduce changes in the mains configuration and it works flawlessly. However, if you find any bug please let me know.

Quote:
for low attendance, run as setup, understood. this works fine provided there are an odd number so that the 1st main run always has a min. 3 drivers. no matter what, i need to have 3 drivers in the mains at minimum.

understood on the final lap. i believe i had the time to finish set to low thus the last couple drivers didn't get last lap counted awhile ago. it wasn't a problem this last time as i set it to 20 seconds or something like that.

overall, once i get passed the language conversion barrier, it seems very straight forward. some of the command names are not as intuitive as easier to use software is but understood when all is translated to various languages
I agree.

Quote:
not all buttons have hover titles, is that meant to be? i can hover over some buttons to find out what they are but many do not tell you. for example, the bullhorn button has hover text but the rest of the bullhorn icons do not.
No, it isn't. All buttons should have their hint. I will check them for the next release.

Quote:
one problem we had last weekend,
when trying to start a main, it would not allow it to start saying drivers did not have a frequency however it was set to 0 indicating it was 2.4ghz. i had to open each driver and assign a random number before it would allow me to send the main to the race manager. how do i avoid this in the future?
Please use the "Ignore freq. colissions", see the zround configuration page:

Regards,

Jesus.
Old 2012.07.22, 04:23 PM   #10
arch2b

Excellent, thank you.
Old 2012.07.23, 01:45 PM   #11
arch2b

a follow up questions, if no option sis found in the drop down menu under speak menu, how does one enable this feature in windows xp/7? flipside will speak fine but i can't seem to find anything in the menu to select from within zround.

i did a brief serch for windows sapi and lets just say that is not easy stuff to follow nor find any direct link to download/run anything.
Old 2012.07.23, 03:21 PM   #12
zround

ZRound uses the standard Windows Speech API (SAPI) to read out. It means it can use almost any installed voice.

You need to have installed a "SAPI" compatible voice in your computer but near 100% (if not 100%) speech engine vendors support the SAPI system. Once you have the voice installed it will be available into ZRound.

You must enable SAPI support in ZRound and choose the voice you want to use. All availables voices will be listed in the "voice" selector.

I think Windows XP/7 comes with "Microsoft Sam" (am. english male voice) but it has a poor quality. If you want a high quality voice you can try "neospeech" (http://www.neospeech.com/)

Regards,

Jesus.
Old 2012.07.23, 04:05 PM   #13
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
You can down the voice from us

www.pnracing.us/zround/paul.exe

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.28, 09:19 PM   #14
arch2b

thanks, got speech to work on RM PC so now i know where to go on the track PC. where can you download the at&t voice, i recall that one being a decent one when we were using core.