Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.07.18, 06:58 PM   #1
Greenleaf
Mini-Z Novice

Z bodies & handling

One of the neatestthings about the Z is the ability to swap bodies. what I'm looking for is to compile list of the available bodies with ther wheel base and high or low motor mount position.

in regards to handeling general opinion is that a long wheelbase mini z handles better than a short wheelbase and cars.

I havn't seen too much discussion on high mount motor vs. low mount.

my personal experience driving a impreza (low mount med wheelbase) vs. the new beetle (high mount short wheel base) is that the bug is more likley too roll over during hard cornering than the subaru but due to the fact that the weight of the motor is directly over the rear axel, axel hop is reduced during hard acceleration.

an entertaining aside when the bug does roll over due to the curved shape of the roof it tends to roll all the way over and land on its wheels again. so while I might not recommend this body for performance driving, the body style is alot of fun for tooling around.

what are your comments regaring bodies that are fun to drive, or handle "like they are on rails" also bodies that are duds and frusterating. or maybe you don't think the body makes much difference.
Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.18, 10:18 PM   #2
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Do a search!

But here are my current favorites:

NSX O-plate, monoshock, ball diff, alloy motor mount, stiffened front body mount! Good on tight and especially open tracks.

CLK same as above but lowered .5mm, Most durable!

360 oil filled side shocks, o-plate, great for tight tracks very nimble.

All use the long chassis setting with the motor mount in the lowest position.
Old 2002.07.21, 02:21 PM   #3
mini-z
Administrator

My favorites:

All Out Racing: Squat 360 PolyCarb - Long/Low (almost no weight!)
Speed Runs: NSX - Long/Low, Mini-ZRacer.com O-Plate (nice weight balance, stable/wide)
Sport Class Racing: MR-S - Long/Low (body design means most of the weight is below the window sill)
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.01, 01:06 AM   #4
doctor46
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via ICQ to doctor46
mini-z, whats the difference between all out racing and sport class, you see, the MR-S aka MR2 body is cheap here as noone wants to buy it... but i like it
Old 2002.08.01, 01:42 AM   #5
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
My favorite:

S2000 with NSX wheels and tires with an O-plate alloy motor mount, Ball differential, Ball bearings, soft front springs and a 1mm drop for all around track racing and an NSX spoiler also for the little downforce when drag racing.

Wider is better!

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!

Last edited by jeffrey; 2002.08.01 at 01:46 AM.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 01:49 AM   #6
doctor46
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via ICQ to doctor46
handling

i know you all probably dont care, but i lowered my lancer and it still handle excellent! i used rubber washers for the front and the suspentions still has plenty of travel and i used medium springs, the rear has been lowered using titanium washers and a custom H-plate i made and a custom rear shock/spring set i made and theres about a 2-3 mm drop at the rear and about 1-1.5 mm drop at the front by memory and it handle really well... just thought id post that in case it helps anyone... now just need to get a ball diff
Old 2002.08.02, 03:04 AM   #7
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
just wait till you get your ball diff. the handling will be alot better then it is now

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 10:51 AM   #8
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
mini-z, whats the difference between all out racing and sport class, you see, the MR-S aka MR2 body is cheap here as noone wants to buy it... but i like it
What I meant is if I'm racing for fun and there are less experienced drivers on the track, I go with the MR-S (esp. since this is my 1:1 car, same color and everything). But if the caliber of competition is high, then the 360 polycarb is a must for that great extra edge.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 01:25 PM   #9
flood
Elite

Send a message via AIM to flood
"in regards to handeling general opinion is that a long wheelbase mini z handles better than a short wheelbase and cars.

I havn't seen too much discussion on high mount motor vs. low mount."

Im sure that any way you can lower the CG the better handling it will have. The F1 cars have all of this already. Low mount, longer and wider, and the battiers are on the bottom of the car. All adding to a low CG.

I can turn as hard as I want and I have NEVER had it flip. It will lose traction before it will flip over. So its safe to say .... lower your CG anyway possible.
flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 05:32 PM   #10
Obeesi
Crazy Finn

My 206 Pug flips over too easy, and yes, it's high mounted. But handling is good...
Obeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 06:19 PM   #11
ScottMcLeod

Send a message via ICQ to ScottMcLeod Send a message via AIM to ScottMcLeod Send a message via Yahoo to ScottMcLeod
Where's that guy that owns the Vitz that has the low motor mount?

I wanna know how that thing handles...
Old 2002.08.02, 06:27 PM   #12
ultrawide
Same same, but different.

U must mean PITZON, go for the members button and contact him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vits4.jpg (25.0 KB, 51 views)
ultrawide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.02, 06:34 PM   #13
ScottMcLeod

Send a message via ICQ to ScottMcLeod Send a message via AIM to ScottMcLeod Send a message via Yahoo to ScottMcLeod
Yeah, that's the one...

Yeah, that's the one...

*drool*
Old 2002.08.02, 06:41 PM   #14
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

That is one sweet car. Looks Mean!
Old 2002.08.03, 09:06 AM   #15
PITZON
MR 02 Driver

Send a message via ICQ to PITZON
Thanks guys, happy you like my little Vits.. Got a new runner-up soon, "Mad Vits 2" and a new 355 who waits for me to mess it up

Must say that the mod of the rear so i can use the lowride mount went out much better than i thought... It handles like a dream and no flip-overs.. Now i can drift the little vits in the corners and it looks insane on the track... The only negative thing is that its so small so when i push really hard its kinda hard to se whats front and back of the car.. It got a little better when i mounted the little bigger white wing.. In fact i have never seen any faster car in corners, its so easy to drive on narrow tracks... But it takes some concentration when you drive it because the small size...

Here is a link to the thread and some more pics of it No Fear Vits Rs

Check out some of my cars http://mini-zracer com/gallery/pitzon

Last edited by PITZON; 2002.08.03 at 09:09 AM.
PITZON is offline   Reply With Quote